Resource icon

Free Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin (Windows) 1.6.3

Akkuma

I've been trying to use SetSourceFilterSettings, and I can't seem to get object parameters to work. I've tried opacity:10, {opacity:10}, "opacity: 10}". I'm not sure if this is supported or if this is something that requires specific knowledge to be parsed correctly. I did verify that opacity was the right setting and that GetSourceFilterInfo worked for the source and filter I was trying to retrieve.

Akkuma

have you tried "Opacity=10" ?
/command="SetSourceFilterSettings",sourceName="Scan Cam Rear",filterName="Opacity",filterSettings="Opacity=10" no success

It also wouldn't particularly make sense, as obs-websocket is expecting an object and I didn't see any code in your pastebin that could turn an object param into a true object for json deserialization. Also strangely enough I was still getting ok messages back from the cli despite it never actually working.

FSC

/command="SetSourceFilterSettings",sourceName="Scan Cam Rear",filterName="Opacity",filterSettings="Opacity=10" no success

It also wouldn't particularly make sense, as obs-websocket is expecting an object and I didn't see any code in your pastebin that could turn an object param into a true object for json deserialization. Also strangely enough I was still getting ok messages back from the cli despite it never actually working.

The "Ok" message at the end just indicates OBSCommand could send the command to the server, not that it succeded.

Try latest version 1.4.9, which by the way is on Github since version 1.4.7: https://github.com/REALDRAGNET/OBSCommand

Your command should now work like this:

/command=SetSourceFilterSettings,sourceName="Scan Cam Rear",filterName=Opacity,filterSettings=opacity=10

Last edited:

FSC

Is it now possible to do something like decrease opacity on a source and back ? to produce fade in fade out ?

Yes that should be possible now. I have tested it with Chroma Key->Opacity filter setting and it worked fine for me using the following command:

/command=SetSourceFilterSettings,sourceName="My Source",filterName="Chroma Key",filterSettings=opacity=50

kutibotond

Didn't work for me, tried it with Chroma key. color key, color correction filters too ... the cmd message returns ok but nothing happens :|. I used your example

Akkuma

The "Ok" message at the end just indicates OBSCommand could send the command to the server, not that it succeded.

Try latest version 1.4.9, which by the way is on Github since version 1.4.7: https://github.com/REALDRAGNET/OBSCommand

Your command should now work like this:

/command=SetSourceFilterSettings,sourceName="Scan Cam Rear",filterName=Opacity,filterSettings=opacity=10
Works perfectly! I've now achieved fade in and fade out from this.

FSC

Didn't work for me, tried it with Chroma key. color key, color correction filters too ... the cmd message returns ok but nothing happens :|. I used your example

Are you sure you used all the latest versions from OBSCommand and obs-websocket plugin?

Ok is returned at the end if OBSCommand was able to reach the server, regardless of the commands worked or not

You should always get additional messages now (above that "Ok") since I added the output of the response from obs-websocket.

kutibotond

Oh god, I can't believe I actually skipped the updating. Yeah it works. Can it be made so that it changes the value gradually with time like the volume increase/decrease ?

kutibotond

OH YES! FADE IS HERE! Dream come true :D! Thank you! I also wonder if you plan doing the same thing for other sliders too ? I personally don't need it right now, I think, but it we could get really creative with it in the future :).

FSC

already got it to work, awesome! :D

Super! Thanks for the feedback!

OH YES! FADE IS HERE! Dream come true :D! Thank you! I also wonder if you plan doing the same thing for other sliders too ? I personally don't need it right now, I think, but it we could get really creative with it in the future :).
You're welcome!

No plans, as I don't use it for myself :)

Technically you can already do a "fade" with all settings, by using several commands in a row (set a global delay with the first argument).

kutibotond

alright, I got another question

I can use:
OBSCommand.exe /command=GetSourceFilterInfo,sourceName=QueueGroup,filterName=Fade

and the response is:
{
"enabled": true,
"message-id": "ySE3axtGwuszwirm",
"name": "Fade",
"settings": {
"opacity": 0
},
"status": "ok",
"type": "color_filter"
}
Ok

my goal would be to write an if statement to this that checks on the opacity number and if it's =100, then do nothing
I know just a little programming, I realise that {} is a dictionary, just not sure what language is this? should I be working with it in a bash or powershell script ? and also I think the response should be split in two first to work with ?