Resource icon

CLR Browser Source Plugin [OBS Classic ONLY]

Noc0002

I just tried installing CLR Browser today on my Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop and am having the same strange issue as flashkube where OBS starts normal-sized then quickly shrinks a little. Interestingly, it does not occur on my Windows 7 64-bit desktop.

Zartemis

I am having a problem with CLR Browser where it will crash OBS on startup. I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling, and repairing all the resources CLR needs, but cannot get the program to start AND present CLR at the same time.

Mato

Same here - the OBS/CLR size thing happened to me once I upgraded to Windows 8.1 a few days ago.

Livastyle

I have a problem with local html files and the video-tag.
I inserted a .webm file, which runs perfect, the autoplay param works, but the loop param seems not to work.

When i put the html file on my server, the problem is solved, but i rly need it as a local file.

I can't use the video plugin, because i need it for an overlay.
Is there a way to fix this?

edit:
If the .html is local and only the .webm file is online on my server, the loop param works.
But why can't i use local .webm files?

Last edited:

Voltomic

I keep trying to download this plugin and as soon as i click on link it downloads into notepad and doesn't provide me with files to extract or anything into my OBS plugin folder. Please HELP. On notepad all there is, is a bunch of Text. I really want this on my OBS. :{

L33tloser

I've started to notice a rather significant FPS drop while playing games when I have the CLR Browser plugin enabled. I'm typically running two sources, one for follower notifications and one for donation notifications. When I have only one of the two CLR Browser sources running the FPS drop is still noticeable (going from 120 FPS average to 40-60 FPS with the plugin running). When I have both sources running I dip down into the 30 FPS periodically.

I've noticed while playing the FPS drop is almost like stuttering, dropping from 60 FPS to 40 FPS quickly and then bouncing up to 60 FPS again, all within a second. I've noticed other people have mentioned using an older version of the plugin to overcome these issues, but I haven't seen a link to that version.

Let me know if any more information is needed and I'll be happy to grab it so we can figure out what the problem is.

Caliber Mengsk

Need to know if you can add in two things for the plugin. I have made a basic non-square webcam by using html5 and a green key to create a diamond shape rather then a square (though you can link to an image of any shape you want). It works great if you load the webpage in a normal browser and screen capture, but the browser plugin has two issues with it. #1, you can't key a color with this plugin. I realize most cases wouldn't need this, but for a mask system, it's kind of required. So adding that in would be nice. #2, being able to select the allow webcam use. Right now it doesn't work. It just shows a black box where the webcam would be.

I know these probably aren't really needed things for most people, but would be very helpful to get my tool working better. This is the tool I'm talking about.
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/non-square-webcam.147/

Using CLRBrowser would be great, since some games are annoying like Star Citizen and your second screen gets turned into black, unless you alt tab a few times. Or just to save screen space on the second monitor. Not to mention if you only have one monitor, it'd be impossible to use my tool.

It's obviously just a request though. It'd be appreciated, I just don't know enough about the plugin system to make a plugin to support this.

Mrmicroid

i'm having a similar issue as a few others here where the CLR plugin causes my OBS to crash upon start-up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and when i remove the plugin folder/dll file it goes back to normal. I'm not sure if its just that I have something on my PC that it does like or what. I'm running the 64-bit version

Caliber Mengsk

i'm having a similar issue as a few others here where the CLR plugin causes my OBS to crash upon start-up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and when i remove the plugin folder/dll file it goes back to normal. I'm not sure if its just that I have something on my PC that it does like or what. I'm running the 64-bit version
Just a suggestion if you haven't tried, make certain you have the .net framework installed. CLR Host requires it, and CLR Browser uses CLR Host. It also requires Visual C++ Runtimes, so double check for that as well. A lot of people overlook these, or have older versions then are required. (For instance, many believe that .net framework 4 works the same as 4.5, which is not true)

VC++
.Net 4.5.2

Alex Bers

Hello Faruton.
Thx good plugin but i have question - i create html page plaing sound file. in browser sound play normal but if i call this page in CLR plaugin sound disappear.
this is bug or feature?

midsnack

Hello everyone!
I successfully installed the plugin and the requirements. But after I set up a global source and added to my scenes, CLR plugin does not appear on my screen when I try to do a test launch after the 30 second countdown. Any advice?

Mrmicroid

Just a suggestion if you haven't tried, make certain you have the .net framework installed. CLR Host requires it, and CLR Browser uses CLR Host. It also requires Visual C++ Runtimes, so double check for that as well. A lot of people overlook these, or have older versions then are required. (For instance, many believe that .net framework 4 works the same as 4.5, which is not true)

VC++
.Net 4.5.2
I ave done that multiple times to make sure that it was up to date (and even once more with your links for 100% certainty) but when it comes to to actually putting the dll file and folder into the plugins folder it causes the program to crash. I am certain that im putting it into the correct folder for the version i am using yet it seems to crash as long as both the folder and dll are in the plugins, yet as soon as i remove either it begins to work again

I created and run a stream called Twitch Plays Pokemon (http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon) that uses Chrome to render its overlay (and play sound effects), this has worked well and has been very versatile but transparency is accomplished through setting a color to be made transparent in OBS, this is much less than ideal.

This plugin is almost exactly what I need except I can't get it to perform as well as I need it to.

At 1920x1080@60fps capturing a real Chrome window has much better performance, CLR Browser seems to be running at a non-smooth 30 fps even through everything is set to 60.

Is there anything I can do to make it run better?

kiralykobra

Hey!:D My problem is very annoying: I install the plugin it appears on the "Add" list but when i click on it and type a name then the config window doesn't pop up. At Settings->Browser there's just a white blank page. I tried it many times still having this problem, please help.:D

Uf0s8mycat

Been trying to get this to work for about an hour now. Once I download it I toss it into the OBS plugin folder and open OBS. I get an error message telling me that it's either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Once I click OK it tells me that it's designed for the 64bit version of OBS. So I take the same files and toss them into the 64 bit version with the same result, only it tells me that it's designed for the 32 bit version...

I've downloaded the correct file, and I've even tried to download the 32 bit version with the same result when tossing it into both 64 and 32 bit versions. This is pretty frustrating, does anyone have a clue what could be happening or how to help me?

Uf0s8mycat

Been trying to get this to work for about an hour now. Once I download it I toss it into the OBS plugin folder and open OBS. I get an error message telling me that it's either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Once I click OK it tells me that it's designed for the 64bit version of OBS. So I take the same files and toss them into the 64 bit version with the same result, only it tells me that it's designed for the 32 bit version...

I've downloaded the correct file, and I've even tried to download the 32 bit version with the same result when tossing it into both 64 and 32 bit versions. This is pretty frustrating, does anyone have a clue what could be happening or how to help me?

error status 0xc000012f