Resource icon

CLR Browser Source Plugin [OBS Classic ONLY]

Deleted123

@alecdude16 Don't worry, I have got my hands on the version I was talking about, and things are going great now.
No more bugs, no warnings in the debug file, The browser package applies the css stylesheets on page load, not after page load, which is exactly what I wanted.

scottster246

I'm having trouble getting CLR to work
I can't run any of the files from here, when I click on them I just get an error message
CLR host plugin shows up in my plugin list but I can't add a CLR to my sources tab

Trigonal

I'm having some trouble, so far as i can tell, i have all the right files in all the right places, the correct versions of everything, but it doesn't seem to be loading. CLRHost shows up fine but CLR Browser Source doesn't show up in plugin list. Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/BzC41iTj

Lee Andrews

I have installed clr browser and it comes up in the sources tab on obs but when I click on clr browser it lets me type in the name but when i click ok then it just goes back to the normal obs window with no new scene. Please help.

Krinny

Seem to have a problem downloading. Your link / site was flagged from Bitdefender as malware.
Rehost in different location?

onJUGGERNAUT

If you're having issues installing the plugin, try out this installer we package with Faruton's CLR Browser. It installs all the prerequisites needed automatically and works for 32 and 64 bit OBS. After downloading the re-packed plugin, completely unzip the contents. Then, double-click the "install.bat" file. If you encounter issues like the command prompt repeatedly opening, try right-clicking on the "install.bat" and select "Run as administrator."
thx this did the trick for me, dont know why it wasnt working before.

Pinguin

Hello Community ,

I use the 64bit version of OBS v 0637b and have the browser plugin source ( CLRBrowserSourcePlugin - 20140909x86.7z ) Everything installed fine and works well almost !

When I go to Settings , and then click browser , I can not change the " Single Process " to true - why ?

does anyone have a copy of the previous version of CLR Browser Source, the one that did have SingleProcess support? With the performance issues using multiple CLR widgets, I cannot use more than 3 global without having to restart them mid-broadcast to bring back original performance.

THis needs to be the version of CLRBS that used Chrome 31 I believe.

And when I say performance issues, I am mainly talking in the area of CSS transitions and animations and the framerate of said animations. I do quite a bit of animations, and in the previous version I used (with Chrome 31 as the engine), everything always worked at nearly browser speeds. now, after about 3 browser sources are running, the framerate of the CSS animations drops to around 15fps or less (regardless of what fps setting I have for each source).

I have tired it with and without the CSS Hardware Acceleration trick (using
-webkit-transform: translate3d(0, 0, 0); ). No difference, the framerate still suffers with more than 3 sources.

All the sources I use are just HTML, JavaScript, CSS and images, with some web fonts as well. No Flash what so ever.

I dont see any increased CPU or memory usage when the slowdowns occur, and everything else in OBS appear to run fine.

Last edited:

Mato

I'm actually in the exact same boat as you - I use lots of HTML and CSS on my streams, but the latest CLR Browser Plugin is stuck at 30 FPS or lower, despite manually setting the FPS setting to 60 for sources. Since the new plugin is a downgrade for me, I'm still using the previous version, which I think is this:

http://tomato.fobby.net//junk/CLRBrowserSourcePlugin3.7z

I'd love to be able to use the new features of the latest plugin, especially things like HTML5 video and possibly MP3 audio support - right now I have to convert everything to .wav :(

Still, I'm very grateful that this plugin exists at all! Thanks, devs!

xKenx

I'd like to minimize the entire UI of the plugin. Is there anyone who can help me with getting the source compiled so that I just have to edit the XML layout file?

Kind regards!

flashkube

When OBS starts with CLR plug-in the OBS interface starts normal sized and a half second later it shrinks to an unusable size. If I start OBS without the CLR plugin (renamed CLR files) OBS stays normal sized. What's weird is that it was fine earlier today when I first installed CLR. What is going on here? (each image showing size compared with file explorer)

WITH CLR (TINY)
OBS_small.PNG

WITHOUT CLR (NORMAL)
OBS_normal.PNG

GTE STEV

please help me iv done every thing proper and now i go to open brodcaster settings browser runtime and try and change the settings from false to true its gray there isnt any drop down box to let me change it to true please help me asap

SupeRaven

Is there a way to change the user agent string? I'd love to be able to use the HLS twitch feed to simulcast my guild mates feeds into one feed using CLR to grab them.

Twitch changed it recently so only mobile browsers can use the HLS feed.

Jeffrey Dolan

If you're having issues installing the plugin, try out this installer we package with Faruton's CLR Browser. It installs all the prerequisites needed automatically and works for 32 and 64 bit OBS. After downloading the re-packed plugin, completely unzip the contents. Then, double-click the "install.bat" file. If you encounter issues like the command prompt repeatedly opening, try right-clicking on the "install.bat" and select "Run as administrator."

This did the trick for me as well. There was some issue where it said it couldn't find the 64 bit version of OBS, but I think that's because the hierarchy has been changed. But it was my 32 bit version that was broken not 64 bit, which this fixed for me, thanks.