Chatty

Free Chatty 0.9.2

tduva

tduva submitted a new resource:

Chatty - Twitch Chat Client with Admin Panel and more

What is Chatty?
Chatty is a Chat Client specifically for Twitch Chat I've been developing for some time now. You can connect to chat with it and have the usual features like nickcolors, emoticons, moderation buttons and so on, but also other Twitch-specific stuff like showing stream information, followed streams notifications, admin panel to change the title on your stream and so on.

What are the advantages over Twitch Webchat/another IRC client?
Chatty doesn't necessarily work...

Read more about this resource...

tduva

tduva updated Chatty with a new update entry:

Popout channels to view them side-by-side, a lot of smaller Improvements and Bugfixes

Important Information
  • Right-click on a tab to not only Close but also Popout the channel.
  • Using the commercial hotkey now will simulate a click on the 30s button if the Admin Dialog is open on the Commercials tab.
Full Changelog

New features:
- Popout channels into their own window to be able to view them side-by-side
- Added context menu and improved sorting to Channel Favorites dialog
- Added check whether...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

tduva

XeiZ

That is a nice update. :)

Livestreamer integration produces this though:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
File "__main__.py", line 128, in <module>
File "__main__livestreamer__.py", line 8, in <module>
File "livestreamer\cli.py", line 462, in main
File "livestreamer\cli.py", line 347, in handle_url
File "livestreamer\plugin.py", line 95, in get_streams
File "livestreamer\plugins\justintv.py", line 183, in _get_streams
File "livestreamer\plugins\justintv.py", line 105, in _get_rtmp_streams
IndexError: list index out of range
PROCESS ENDED.

Also it would be nice to be able to select the quality (maybe thats after that error appears?)

tduva

No idea what that error is, it's not from Chatty. Have you tried running the same command on the commandline?

XeiZ

What command? I enter a streams name in the field in chatty and it fails with this error, livestreamer on its own outside of chatty works just fine.

tduva

Chatty executes a command that runs livestreamer, the output you see in the window mostly comes directly from the output of livestreamer. For example:
COMMAND: livestreamer twitch.tv/tduva
Found matching plugin twitch for URL twitch.tv/tduva
error: No streams found on this URL: twitch.tv/tduva
PROCESS ENDED.

The first and last line are from Chatty, everything else is from livestreamer.

The error you had obviously occurs in Livestreamer, as for the reason I don't know. If the same command works on the regular commandline maybe Chatty needs to set some environment variables for executing the command. What OS are you on? It works fine for me on Windows 7.

XeiZ

Windows 8, you might be right i'll look into the enviroment variables, didnt even think about that.

tduva

Have you actually tried running the same command as Chatty does on the commandline? Maybe you could try to just enter "-V" in Chatty, to test if it runs at all (Livestreamer should show it's version).

XeiZ

livestreamer 1.4.2
That is a really old version huh. The one i use is 1.8 something
And yes i simply use "livestreamer twitch.tv/name source" with "normal" livestreamer, nothing fancy.

tduva

Are you meaning to say the version that comes up in Chatty when you enter "-V" is 1.4.2, but the one you usually use should be 1.8.1? That is strange, because Chatty literally just runs the command "livestreamer <whatever you entered>", so it should use the one that's defined in the PATH variable.

XeiZ

Edit and cut the post: After a witch hunt through the registry i found some last remaining files of an older version of livestreamer which even overwrote the enviroment variables.... so if anyone ever gets that error, look for livestreamer related stuff everywhere... urg

Last edited:

XeiZ

Another thing that keeps happening to me is that chatty just randomly closes, i tried reinstalling java but that didnt help.
Most of the time it happens when im in the settings menu, sometimes it also just closes when im just typing in chat.
Seems completely random about the time, so it sometimes happens within seconds of opening the settings or bringing chatty in focus and other times it takes minutes or doesnt crash at all.
Any idea what might cause this? It might not even chatty related tbh but other java applications dont do this.
http://pastebin.com/E15NM322

tduva

I don't think I ever had a crash like that with Java, so I'm not sure what to do with it. From the log you posted, it seems to be related to the "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atig6txx.dll" which apparently is related to your graphics driver.

Code:
# Problematic frame:
# C  [atig6txx.dll+0x122bf]

In a forum post for another program it is suggested for a similiar crash to update your graphics driver, or if that fails to use the parameter "-Dsun.awt.nopixfmt=true" which apparently disables the calls to the library that cause the error. (See also Bug JDK-6477756 which may be related.)

Code:
Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j  sun.awt.Win32GraphicsDevice.getMaxConfigsImpl(I)I+0
j  sun.awt.Win32GraphicsDevice.getMaxConfigs(I)I+10
j  sun.awt.Win32GraphicsDevice.getConfigurations()[Ljava/awt/GraphicsConfiguration;+69

XeiZ

Thanks, completely wiped my drivers and reinstalled and seems to work so far.

edit: well nevermind its back... i blame shitty amd drivers..., that parameter would have to go where? I guess the target line of a shortcut? Sorry i dont really know much about java.

Last edited:

tduva

I suppose this should do it:
Code:
javaw -Dsun.awt.nopixfmt=true -jar "H:\chatty\Chatty.jar" -cd

XeiZ

Thanks, i feel dumb now...

- that did the trick, if anyone ever has this issue, there is your solution/workaround.

Last edited:

tduva