Chatty

Free Chatty 0.9.2

tduva

- In the colors area, even though it's accepted, $broadcaster isn't listed as an option.

There is only so much space in the settings dialog, but you are right, it's not even listed in the help.

- Add option to hide the nick list (per channel or as default)

You can change it's size to 0 to hide it, it just shows the little seperator bar.

- Small issue, if you don't start it in the chatty folder, then when in the sound options and you try to change the location, it just reports an error, it doesn't let you change it at all. you have to exit the program and restart it in the right folder for it to work.

You can't change the sound folder location at all, only by specifying a different working directory.

- Add option to apply nick colors to the nick list
[..]
- Tab coloring options (highlight on/off setting per channel and as default for all channels, color to highlight with when enabled)
- For nick list, feature to either dim out or remove names of inactive users (with option to set time of inactivity). This would be particularly useful for those using v3 to connect with, so if a user hasn't talked in say 30 mins, then perhaps they left? Would help clear out the user list.

I'll think about it.

As for the OBS Plugin idea, I have no idea how to make OBS Plugins and I'm already pretty busy with Chatty alone and trying to keep the quality up.

Wolfie

There is only so much space in the settings dialog, but you are right, it's not even listed in the help.
Maybe add support for $me, $follower and $following? I'm sure $follower and $following are obvious. Not sure how easy they would be to implement, though it could be useful to know who is following you just by the name color.

As for the OBS Plugin idea, I have no idea how to make OBS Plugins and I'm already pretty busy with Chatty alone and trying to keep the quality up.
Drat. Any chance of having an option, similar to logging, that would save up to the last X lines of chosen channels into .html files, but strictly using div's with no pre-defined colors/formatting (just div's with class names that you choose to use)? Then someone else could probably make a plugin to work in conjunction with Chatty. I mean you already have the main part of the thing done, only thing would be to have an output file with the content.

By the way, after having actually made some use of Chatty, it is indeed very nice. I've actually recommended to someone to download it, since I think it would make it easier for them to chat. You definitely deserve Kudos for this useful tool.

tduva

tduva updated Chatty with a new update entry:

Version 0.7.1: Emoticon Favorites, lots of other Improvements and some Bugfixes

Highlights
  • You can now add your favorite Twitch Emotes to the new Favorites page of the Emote Dialog. Right-click on the emote you want to add to open the context-menu and click on Favorite, then open the Emote Dialog (Extra - Emoticons or Ctrl+E) and choose the Favorites page to view your favorites.

Important Information
  • The default location to write stream information to has been changed to the exported subfolder of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

tduva

There is no way to display Chatty in a fullscreen game. You could for a game running in borderless window/window mode (enable Always on Top in Chatty), but that might take away too much space anyway. There is an overview of how you can read chat while streaming (not only related to Chatty): Twitch Chat Overview for streamers

tduva

Version 0.7.2: More Shortcuts, more Highlights/Ignore settings, Bugfixes, and much more..

Highlights
  • Timeout users (and more) using keyboard shortcuts. Use the User Selection Mode (toggle with Ctrl-Space, then W/S and E to open User Dialog) and the new keyboard shortcuts in the User Dialog for quicker access to Timeout/Ban Buttons and Custom Commands you added.
  • Added more Highlight/Ignore prefixes, which...

Videophile

Elgato
Hi guys,
is there any chance Chatty could implement something like this streamer has: http://www.twitch.tv/ipengineer78/c/2938506

As you can see, when someone chats, the chat comes up, but goes away after a bit. I think this would be awesome, as I don't want to dedicate a whole portion of my stream to chat even when its empty.

Forgive me if this is already in, but could there be a "Streamer mode" where the background turns green, and messages come and stay for a user-defined time before disappearing. I think this would be an awesome feature.

Thoughts?

tduva

Do you mean the messages that pop up on the left? I don't think I could do something as fancy in Chatty with fading in and out and stuff.

What do you mean the background turns green?

xeroxgaming

hey Guys,

i hope my english is enough ( cause iim German) that i can explain you a big Problem of mine , and i hope you guys can help me out before im moving crazy on my seat.

First of all the Chatty Programm works comepletly fine smooth and looks niice for me
BUT
I got a problem , when i sometimes start obs and start my streamppreview to see if the greenscreen is in the right posiition( cause moveable) i see that the chatty im uising as show chat in my stream , looks like a screenshot.

To explain:
I open Obs > made a Global Source > Window recordinng> Window = chatty > recording only inner window > using and cuting only the chatare ( that the viewers dont see their own name on the side)> and cromakey =black
NOW the problem, when you connect to chatty and to your server you get 3 Messeges :
-Trying to connect

Now in obs ONLY this 3 messeges get shown ( like a screenshot) anything else what you type now in the chat, doenst get shown in obs , like i take picture and not a window recording.

Could somebody help me out

I tryed 1000000 things, restarting chatty, restarting obs, reboot of the pc , and and and
to see what i mean

tduva

Is Chatty actually on screen when it happens or do you have it in the background while e.g. playing a fullscreen game on top of it?

xeroxgaming

yeah its on screen on the second , but makes no difference when its on the main , i had now to 50 times restart obs, chatty and 4 pc reboots then it worked like it should , but this cant be the solution of it

tduva

If it's actually visible on your screen and it doesn't capture it properly, then I don't know. You could try enabling the "Extra - Options - Simple Title" setting (Main Menu) in case OBS looses the capture because the title changes, but I'm not sure if that can actually be an issue with OBS.

tduva

Version 0.7.3: Customizable Shortcuts, improved character display, and more

Highlights
  • You can now customize hotkeys (regular, application-wide and global hotkeys) that you can set to perform certain predefined actions and any command (Global Hotkeys Windows only).
  • Improved character display, allowing potentially more characters to be displayed (depending on what fallback fonts are available).
Important Information
  • If you were using a global commercial hotkey before, you will have to redefine it...

tduva

Hi guys,
is there any chance Chatty could implement something like this streamer has: http://www.twitch.tv/ipengineer78/c/2938506

As you can see, when someone chats, the chat comes up, but goes away after a bit. I think this would be awesome, as I don't want to dedicate a whole portion of my stream to chat even when its empty.

Forgive me if this is already in, but could there be a "Streamer mode" where the background turns green, and messages come and stay for a user-defined time before disappearing. I think this would be an awesome feature.

Thoughts?

Chatty now has a Stream Chat Dialog which also allows you to set a timeout for messages. It's not exactly the same as in the VOD you posted, but it might still fit your needs. Most importantly it doesn't have any background or outline, so it might be hard to read depending on what is displayed behind it (e.g. what is shown in the game). You can see an example of it in this VOD.

How does it work, tduva? I just downloaded the newest version and I can't get that stream chat dialog to work. Whenever I type the /streamChat command it just says that it's an unknown command.

EDIT: Also, LtRoyalShrimp, you can do something like that with TeeBoard. Unlike Chatty TeeBoard doesn't support Twitch emotes, however.

EDIT 2: By the way, is there something that can be done about the efficiency of Chatty? After starting it up it immediately takes about 250 to 280 MB of RAM.

Last edited:

tduva

Sorry, the command is actually /openStreamChat.

EDIT 2: By the way, is there something that can be done about the efficiency of Chatty? After starting it up it immediately takes about 250 to 280 MB of RAM.

Java is responsible for the actual memory management, I don't think I can do anything about that. Creating the GUI and starting up (like parsing thousands of emotes) requires quite a bit of RAM and Java likes to not clear it unless it has to (probably an optimization so it spends only as much time as required on garbage collection). Also depending on where you got those values from, it may be misleading. Java can reserve a lot of RAM compared to what it's using for actual data. You can try to restrict the amount of RAM it can use using Java commandline options if the RAM usage is a problem for you.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Oh well! Honestly, the problem's mostly just me. I never bothered to upgrade my laptop (which is my streaming PC) so it still has 4GB of RAM :p That said, I haven't been running into memory problems. It's just something I noticed when checking task manager :)

Thanks for the correct command!

D

Deleted member 30350

Has anyone managed to get Chatty to work in a stream transparent? No matter what numbers I try, it always look like crap.

DarrenS

Just starting to use obs and looking at the Tools, This looks good but there is no place to down load it as the links to sourceforge are now dead and 404