Can't resize fullscreen game

ilusions4

I used to be able to open osu! (1080p resolution letterboxed on a 1440p monitor), minimize it, then resize a frozen frame in obs. I am now unable to do this as minimizing osu! essentially hides the source in obs.
I've tried the freeze frame plugin to no avail. I have also tried pressing ctrl+f on the source (to fit it to frame) and resizing it that way, but it's clunky and doesn't allow me to resize symmetrically. ctrl+e doesn't work either as changing the bounding box size and positioning it takes as much time as struggling with ctrl+f. I understand that I could probably get ctrl+f to work, but I would be sitting at this for the next 2 hours, resizing a window that I used to be able to resize and position in 5 minutes.

I have included a log file below. I feel like this has something to do with "gl_shtex_init_d3d11_tex: failed to create texture (0x80070057): The parameter is incorrect."
Thanks for reading

Attachments

• 6nNfffffjJonbd.gif
    6nNfffffjJonbd.gif
    716.6 KB · Views: 69

ilusions4

to add on, ctrl+f also gives me no preview, making it impossible to position the letterboxed game. Sorry that I spent a lot of time talking about ctrl+f. I just received it as a suggestion elsewhere and I wanted to be thorough with why it isn't a viable option in this case.

ilusions4

I figured it out. By temporarily disabling the "confine mouse cursor" option in osu!, I was able to see a preview of the fullscreen osu! window while resizing it in obs. As I prefer when the option is enabled, this means that alt+tab on stream will result in a black screen, but I can work around that by having an image below the osu! window or something. sucks that this is a thing now, but eh..

hope this helps someone. I found the solution I mentioned on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/o2zq36/osu_black_screen_in_obs_when_alt_tabbed_help/

FerretBomb

Just as a side-note, you can right-click the source, go into the Transform menu, Edit Transform, then set the Bounding Box (BB) size manually, and a scaling/stretching method. I do this with my Game Capture; its BB is locked at 1920x1080, and set to scale to inside (so any off-aspect sources will be scaled as big as possible, with letter/columnboxing and no cropping).

ilusions4

Just as a side-note, you can right-click the source, go into the Transform menu, Edit Transform, then set the Bounding Box (BB) size manually, and a scaling/stretching method. I do this with my Game Capture; its BB is locked at 1920x1080, and set to scale to inside (so any off-aspect sources will be scaled as big as possible, with letter/columnboxing and no cropping).
I know, but this doesn't work efficiently when the source is letterboxed with no preview. I could have cropped the letterbox little by little and viewed my cropping progress after each edit (using obs on a second monitor while having the game fullscreen) before scaling the bounding box within my scene, but this would have taken at least an hour on the first attempt for something that takes 5 minutes to do with a preview.