CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

falti

falti submitted a new resource:

CamooZ - Tool to manage (and save and restore) camera settings - CamooZ - Set Camera Settings, save to profiles and restore from them

Windows has no settings dialog for webcams (as compared to e.g. speaker and mic settings). All there is, is a DirectShow API, that OBS, Logitech and others make use of. None of them will store values in profiles so that different settings can be restored.

CamooZ allows more granular settings and you can store them in profiles and of course load them from such a profile.

View attachment 70615

Read more about this resource...

falti

Hi Vitalicus,

* But how this app work? *
I make use of the DirectShow API and have managed to figure out the neccessary function calls to change cam settings, save them in profiles and reload them. What exactly do you need to know?

* How I can do this settings remotely? *
I'm not sure I understand your question. It's a Windows program - so if you have remote access with remote desktop or teamviewer you can run it on the machine you're making the setup for

* Do you have a github repository? *
No, I do not have a github repository

Cheers

Falti

Swanito

Thx for this app.
Do you know a way to load profile with hotkey or bind with scene in OBS ?
1 scene with 1 setting (ex zoom / focus) and another with different profile (linked between Camooz and OBS)

falti

@Swanito Sorry to say that this goes beyond my skills...

I'm afraid for the time being it will have to be opening CamooZ - loading the right profile and then ending CamooZ...

kerumbo

I have been using this little utility for quite a while, and it is a gem! I keep it in my taskbar, and it provides access to every possible adjustment for any given webcam (adjustments will vary according to the webcam driver), including cheap webcams that have no dedicated adjustment software at all. Much lighter and simpler than using OBS just to adjust your webcam for, say, a Zoom call, or Discord, or a Teams or WebEx conference. And I love that you can save then load custom settings, for different cams, programs and lighting conditions. I even like that it doesn't have its own preview window, to conflict with other programs - instead, while tweaking the Camooz settings, you can see your adjustments "live" in Zoom, Teams, OBS, etc. Great job! Deserves much more attention and praise.

Last edited:

ItsMe

Hej...really great tool. I'm really lucky that I've found it. None of the other allows the profile stuff. thanks you!
Just one question: Is there a chance to load saved settings from the command line...perhaps with opening the UI?
It would be great to do the adjustments just in a oneshot command.

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Tool to manage (and save and restore) camera settings with a new update entry:

CamooZ now with command line parameters for automation

CamooZ now allows for automated loading of previously saved profiles. Syntax:

Syntax
-file:"c:\users\dauser\dadocuments\myprofile.ccs"
-silent
-help

Return codes (aka errorlevels)
0 - File processed successfully
4 - No camera found that matches file data (name or id)
8 - This profile has no cam name or ID stored. It is not compatible with CamooZ V5 automation - save new settings first
16 - File specified as command line parameter could not be found

Please note: profiles made with older...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ItsMe

Woohooo...that's really great stuff!!- Link to exe with parameter, Pin to Start or Taskbar and now camera adjusted in one Click!!

You made my day!

I'm happy with the tool as it unexpectedly allows me to easily change and save some settings of my Sony camera as captured by an AverMedia video capture card.

As far as I've been able to discover, virtual cams are not configurable.

ekweb

Hi, thanks for this great, small tool! I replaced Logi Tuni with CamooZ, it´s working great.
One wish: I have two Logitech Brio, the pop up in CamooZ but they share the same settings. Would it be possible, that CamooZ could make settings for Brio 1 and Brio 2.
Thanks
Erwin

kalechinees

Hey falti,
Tool looks absolutely what I need to make my life easier... however I'm getting the following error on the .exe
Did some digging and most likely it's my system, however can't seen to get rid of it. Any suggestions on how I can solve this?
---------------------------
Application Error
Exception EOleSysError in module CamooZ.exe at 00473742.

The request is not supported.

falti

Hi @kalechinees,

sorry to hear that.

1st thing you could try is fresh setup with cleanly installed USB drivers - reinstalling Windows seem a bit hard. of course.
Can you plug your cams into another machine and see if the error re-occurs?

When exactly does the error occur? Right at startup so you do not see anything else, or is it after you chose a camera?

Cheers

Falti

Hey falti,
Tool looks absolutely what I need to make my life easier... however I'm getting the following error on the .exe
Did some digging and most likely it's my system, however can't seen to get rid of it. Any suggestions on how I can solve this?
Application Error
Exception EOleSysError in module CamooZ.exe at 00473742.

The request is not supported.

Joelpdb

Hi @falti

Thanks for the tool, great for webcams in general. But I bought a cheap cam, but somehow the camera is 'not configurable'. Any idea if/how I can fix this?

Regards!
Joel

djjayo

I have not seen that this has been asked anywhere. Are there any future plans for this to tackle the infamous "low light compensation" setting that still resets on reboot?

This tool is a big time saver when for saving day light vs night time cam settings, and changing multiple cam settings quickly. Thank you for this.