arboyle

Apologies in advance if something like this has been addressed in another thread, I just couldn't find anything like what we are trying to achieve!

I am part of a team that is looking to utilize OBS as a recording utility to automatically capture a simulation software, the software in question will be run on a number of computers (in the range of 80 different machines but with only a small number of hardware permutations). I am confident that OBS is a reliable piece of software for recording what we need to record as the sim is run but I would like to avoid setting everything up manually on every PC (especially if changes to the scene/profile need to be made multiple times). I have already had a great deal of success propagating a single profile .ini file to multiple machines and manipulating those as well as the global config .ini file according to our needs (such as specifying recording output location and filename scheme according to computer name). The speedbump I am running into occurs whenever I attempt to propagate a single scene file across multiple machines. I think I understand that the issues arise because sources within scenes have unique IDs that are probably hardware specific (source_uuid? monitor_id?). However, I am confident that if I could find how these IDs are generated to refer to each source (specifically: window, display, and audio sources) I could probably wrangle the scene file in such a way as to automatically change those sources on each PC to what they need. For further context: I have not explored the OBS API but have just been relying on external .ini and .json file manipulation through a C# project. Am I on the right track? Can someone explain if there is a way to get those unique IDs without already manually setting them up as a source in OBS? Again, the goal is automation and propagation without manually manipulating the scene file on every PC.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to offer!!

bcoyle

I use a windows capture for that and an audio capture for the sound. If your simulation uses the same exe (see attached obs screen capture), it should be independent of the sim settings. I know this is 2 months old, but what the heck.
1712963524737.png