JustStephh

Hey everyone!
So I have been searching EVERYWHERE for an answer and I haven't found one. I figure why not go to the source right? So here goes, I have been using OBS to record gameplay, as we all know the standard software that comes with the elgato capture card is okay, but it OBS has great features that it doesn't. With that being said, Elgato has a feature where the game audio ducks when you speak and it detects it automatically. It is turned by clicking the check box under the "live commentary" tab. Now I have played with OBS (yes I'm still new at all this I just started my channel two months ago) and from what I've seen when you set up your sources under audio mixer where it said "video capture device" you can click the cogwheel, go to filters, and add a compressor. I've done that, used the settings I've found on YouTube and granted it was more geared towards streaming but I figured it'd work the same... I tested it just by doing a private match on MW and talking over it and nothing. The compressor didn't seem to have any type of effect on the audio at all. So I ask how in the heck do I do this? I want to do a Need for Speed Heat Let's play, but it's hard when the elgato software is faulty and I cannot figure out how to get game audio to duck when I speak on OBS. If someone could make a detailed tutorial, link a video, or something that would be GREATLY appreciated. I also attached a screenshot of the settings. Also if you'd like sub to my channel just search "CallMeSteph" and the logo will be the same as my avatar on here, I would appreciated any and all support, criticism (constructive of course), and feedback.

Log File link: https://obsproject.com/logs/1zYMwZhwKhUPZz8m

Attachments

• obs settings.PNG
    obs settings.PNG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,494

carlmmii

It's right there in your picture: Sidechain/Ducking source. You need to apply a compressor filter on your game audio, and select your microphone device as the ducking source. The sliders will show when you select the source.

JustStephh

It's right there in your picture: Sidechain/Ducking source. You need to apply a compressor filter on your game audio, and select your microphone device as the ducking source. The sliders will show when you select the source.
That's just the thing, I did all of that and there was no change. Again I tested it by recording for about 5 minutes and it didn't take effect. That screenshot is just me opening it without my mic and elgato plugged in but when they are plugged in, the proper settings her set. I was just trying to see if I missing something