Question / Help Audio dops and gltiches (audio lag) while recording FIX

payday0023

I was using my Windows 10 laptop with OBS to record footage from a camera. I went HDMI out of the camera into an HD Video Capture box going USB 3 into the laptop. For audio I ran an audio cable out of my mixer and into a Behringer Audio box that went USB 2 into the laptop. At first, in OBS, I set up my Video Input Source (The HDMI signal from the HD Capture box) to also record the Behringer USB Device audio along with it. But while recording (not streaming) .mp4s to my computer, I would experience some video lag and many consistent audio drop outs, it seemed to happen when engaging the CPU somehow like by clicking into other windows or opening browser tabs, basic stuff. The fix was to simply add the Behringer USB Audio device as it's own input source (giving me a fader in my audio mixer with its audio) and simply muting the audio from the HDMI video input. I recommend doing some tests with the footage to see how the A/V sync is. I did an A/V slate and found my video to be behind audio, so i delayed the Behringer Audio input by 120 ms.