Ashmanix Countdown Timer

Ashmanix Countdown Timer 1.3.3

Ashmanix

Is there a video on how to install it? I'm following the directions and I can't get the clock to appear in my scene. I have the dock, it's sourced to text but I get nothing.
I made a video talking about my making of the plugin. If you go to roughly the 4 minute mark I demo the plugin there:

Hope it helps!

eaeniko

Hi. I liked the plugin.
Could you add a option to countup too? Im doing a subathon and I need a countup and countdown

Ashmanix

I can load everything, but when I hit PLAY the timer does not start. What am I doing wrong?

If you're setting hours, minutes and seconds for the timer you need to press the set button (button with the arrow going in a circle) to set the counter time. Pressing play after this will start the countdown timer.

You can check my demo of the plugin here to see if there's something you've missed:

wiggleman83

I made a video talking about my making of the plugin. If you go to roughly the 4 minute mark I demo the plugin there:

Hope it helps!
Thanks, I was able to get it to show up. I am having an issue using hot keys though. Anytime I go to do anything else like change some other text or make a source visible, the hot keys stop working.

Ashmanix

Thanks, I was able to get it to show up. I am having an issue using hot keys though. Anytime I go to do anything else like change some other text or make a source visible, the hot keys stop working.
That's odd. I've ran a test on my MacBook, on version 29.1.3 of OBS, and I'm not having any issues when toggling source visibility or switching to another scene. The shortcuts work as expected. I've tried editing the countdown text, leaving it selected and using the shortcuts to start/pause/reset and it's fine.

What OS and version of OBS are you using?

This could be an issue with OBS:
- Can you try other shortcuts in OBS to see if they have the same issue when changing other text and source visibility?
- Are you sure there are no other shortcuts set to the same keys as the one you have set for the countdown timer?

niggle1977

Hi Ashmanix.
I have a strange issue.

In the preview window the timer works like a charm but it doesn't update in the live window.

I'm using OBS 29.1.3 on a Windows 10 PC with the 1.3.3 version of your fantastic plugin.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ashmanix

Hi Ashmanix.
I have a strange issue.

In the preview window the timer works like a charm but it doesn't update in the live window.

I'm using OBS 29.1.3 on a Windows 10 PC with the 1.3.3 version of your fantastic plugin.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Are you able to take a screenshot of these windows and point out which is the preview and the live one? I'll then see if I can replicate it myself.

niggle1977

Hi, thanks for your reply.
In studio mode the left is the preview windows and the right is the program (live) window.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, in preview window the countdown (both Period and Time) works properly, but when I put the scene from preview to live, in live window the timer is blocked and it doesn't update at all. However, the transition to a chosen scene works.

I don't know if there's a conflict with other installed plugin.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Italy

1694857677830.png

Ashmanix

Hi, thanks for your reply.
In studio mode the left is the preview windows and the right is the program (live) window.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, in preview window the countdown (both Period and Time) works properly, but when I put the scene from preview to live, in live window the timer is blocked and it doesn't update at all. However, the transition to a chosen scene works.

I don't know if there's a conflict with other installed plugin.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Italy

View attachment 97734
I've tried to replicate it on my Mac but don't see the issue. I'm away from my windows PC so can't check it just now, but will give it a check next week to see if I can replicate the issue in Windows.

Can you check the logs from (Help > Log Files > View Current Log) and see if there is any errors showing up when you transition from preview to live?

Timboxyz

I've tried to replicate it on my Mac but don't see the issue. I'm away from my windows PC so can't check it just now, but will give it a check next week to see if I can replicate the issue in Windows.

Can you check the logs from (Help > Log Files > View Current Log) and see if there is any errors showing up when you transition from preview to live?
I am seeing this issue on my Mac with both this dock and the Lua " Stopwatch script" see https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/comprehensive-stopwatch-countdown-timer.148562/post-630287 However, MyStreamTimer that writes to an external file still works OK so it looks like the internal polling on OBS isn't working properly.
This is the log segment:-
11:17:00.999: User switched to scene 'Timer'
11:17:00.999: [obs-ndi] on_preview_scene_changed(24)
11:17:44.750: User switched Program to scene 'Timer'
11:17:44.814: [obs-ndi] on_preview_scene_changed(11)
11:17:44.814: [obs-ndi] on_preview_scene_changed(8)

Last edited:

Timboxyz

I am seeing this issue on my Mac with both this dock and the Lua " Stopwatch script" see https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/comprehensive-stopwatch-countdown-timer.148562/post-630287 However, MyStreamTimer that writes to an external file still works OK so it looks like the internal polling on OBS isn't working properly.
This is the log segment:-
11:17:00.999: User switched to scene 'Timer'
11:17:00.999: [obs-ndi] on_preview_scene_changed(24)
11:17:44.750: User switched Program to scene 'Timer'
11:17:44.814: [obs-ndi] on_preview_scene_changed(11)
11:17:44.814: [obs-ndi] on_preview_scene_changed(8)
Just looked at this issue on Win11 and it was fine before and after upgrading to 30.0. This is odd. The original report was for Win, I have it on Mac and Ashmanix doesn't have it at all.

rmanaka

I don't have any plans to add the functionality to this plugin. I might attempt this when I get to making another plugin. There was also a suggestion of having multiple timers which would be cool but needs some more consideration of the GUI (which I think is already messy in this plugin).

Thanks for developing such a great plugin! I'd like to second the request to add multiple timers...I have a couple of different scene collections which are using multiple coundown timers where some occur daily but others only occur on specific days of the week. The are repetitive, however, as one countdown to a time occurs every Wednesday and another every Sunday.

Could this be implemented by adding a single drop down selection (with an add button to name the new countdown timer) to select which countdown timer to use?

Once again, thanks for such a great plugin!!!