1. 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/ashmanix/obs-plugin-countdown
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
For the most up to date user instructions view the wiki at: https://github.com/ashmanix/obs-plugin-countdown/wiki

This plugin is designed to allow you to use a text source in OBS to show a countdown timer that updates in real time.

The plugin appears as a dockable widget and comes with options to display a message or switch scene when the counter reaches zero.

screenshotV2.png

fullScreenshot.png

Usage Guide​

General Settings​

1. Add an OBS Text Source to your scene.
  2. Select the Docks menu and click on Countdown Timer. (This should display the countdown dockable widget on screen)
  3. Either keep the plugin as a floating window or dock it on the OBS screen by dragging to a relevant area.
  4. On the plugin select the text source, you created in step 1, from the Source dropdown menu.
  5. You have two ways to set the timer:
    1. Option 1 - Set the counter by manually setting the number of hours, minutes and seconds.
    2. Option 2 - Set a time for the timer to countdown to.
Countdown Option 1 - Set Hours/Minutes/Seconds
  1. Click on the h/m/s tab to manually set the counter time.
  2. Set the hours, minutes and seconds in the edit fields.
  3. Click the set/reset button (left button) to set the time to the timer and text field.
  4. Click the play button (right button) to start the timer.
  5. Clicking the pause button will pause the timer. To continue press the play button again.
  6. After pausing, clicking the set/reset button will reset the timer to the time in the input fields.
Countdown Option 2 - Set Time to Countdown to
  1. Click on the time tab to set the time.
  2. In the time edit field set what time (up to midnight) you want to count down to.
  3. Click the play button (right button) to start the timer.
  4. Clicking the stop button will pause the timer. To continue press the play button again. This will update the timer and carry on counting down.

Options​

Time Display Options​

You can choose what to display on the Text Source (hours, minutes and or seconds). Click on the checkbox next to the unit of time you wish to display. As an example: selecting minutes and seconds only will show the time in the mm:ss format.

End Message​

The End Message feature will play a measure when the timer hits zero. Click the tickbox next to Message field to enable it. Enter the message in the text field that you want displayed when the timer runs out.

Switch Scene​

The Scene feature allows you to switch to a scene when the timer runs out. Click the checkbox next to the Scene dropdown to enable it. Select the source you wish to switch automatically to once the timer runs out.

Hotkeys​

You can set the following hotkeys:
  • Start Countdown Timer - h/m/s start button
  • Pause Countdown Timer - h/m/s pause button
  • Set Countdown Timer - h/m/s set button
  • Start Countdown To Time - time start button
  • Stop Countdown To Time - time stop button
  • Love
Reactions: @bronardgodines
Author
Ashmanix
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.73 star(s) 11 ratings

More resources from Ashmanix

Latest updates

1. v1.3.3 Update

This update includes the following changes: - You can now use OBS websocket to active the...
  2. v1.3.1 Update - Bug Fix

This update includes the following changes: - Fixes a bug where if you have set the period time...
  3. v1.3.0 Update - Bug Fixes

This update includes the following changes: - Added Danish/Denmark (da-DK) translation - Thanks...

Latest reviews

The only thing I miss is a sound alarm for the end of the time
Super simple to use and set up and I love the hotkey options that allow me to integrate it into my Stream Deck macros as well.
Excellent widget. Easy to understand dock. Thank you
Love this plugin! It's straight forward and easy to use.
The option to countdown to a specific time doesn't seem to work for me. Mac running latest version of OS, OBS, and Plugin. I've had plugin installed for over 6 months the only way i've been able to use it is to manually enter time till desired time
I've been using for a while and this specific function to change scene when countdown ends, it's great!
This is what I wanted. Thank you very much.
Thanks so muchhhh !!!!!!!
Thank you for this countdown! I use this at the start of my stream and it works fantastic, also thank you for being very responsive during fixing the bug I reported! Its really appreciated!
Great plugin! Took the time for detailed instructions.