Ashmanix Countdown Timer

Ashmanix Countdown Timer 1.3.3

Ashmanix

This sounds like just what I need. However, I am wondering where the plugin stores the plain text file. Don't really want to be constantly writing to the same file on my SSD at the rate of once per second.
In terms of the countdown timer time, this isn’t written to a file, but instead is stored in RAM for the duration the timer is running. The specific value of the countdown is never saved, but the time value you have set in either the time (h/m/s) fields, or the period field are saved to a text file when you close OBS.

Ashmanix

What chance is there of adding a countup (elapsed time) version?
I don't have any plans to add the functionality to this plugin. I might attempt this when I get to making another plugin. There was also a suggestion of having multiple timers which would be cool but needs some more consideration of the GUI (which I think is already messy in this plugin).

Balage74

Hi, this is great plugin. big thanks to your work!!! I would like to suggest a feature: Can you make show/hide button to dock? ( i wanna show on screen temporartily on live show, i can do this with scene editing or something else, but live, it would be easiest to make it disappear/display with a button press from the control of my own dock).

Ashmanix

Hi,

I the tab TIME and play doesn't works.
Period Tab works but in the hours input can't enter 4,5,6,7,8,9 numbers o.O

Regards.-
When on the Time tab you need to set a time that is after the current time and then play will work. It's a limitation on how that function works. Try setting a time after the current time and see if it works.

I've had a look at the number input issue and you're right! I'll have a look at trying to fix that for the next release. Thanks for the spot!

stmoose

really new here
just found OBS over the weekend and now this plugin after trying to find a way to put a timer on the video (want to use OBS while videoing road races)

BUT dont understand how to install a plugin - am reading through the forums

windows 10
downloaded ZIP (didnt see an installer - did i miss it?

put the unZIpped folder in the obs-studio\obs-plugins folder
restarted OBS - not seeing a 'countdown timer' option in the docks drop down

moved the folder obs-studio\obs-plugins folder\64 bit folder

tried just moving the files from the obs-plugin-countdown-master folder to the obs-studio\obs-plugins folder\64 bit folder

no joy :(
missing something obvious

thanks for any help

Ashmanix

really new here
just found OBS over the weekend and now this plugin after trying to find a way to put a timer on the video (want to use OBS while videoing road races)

BUT dont understand how to install a plugin - am reading through the forums

windows 10
downloaded ZIP (didnt see an installer - did i miss it?

put the unZIpped folder in the obs-studio\obs-plugins folder

moved the folder obs-studio\obs-plugins folder\64 bit folder

tried just moving the files from the obs-plugin-countdown-master folder to the obs-studio\obs-plugins folder\64 bit folder

no joy :(
missing something obvious

thanks for any help
Hi,

You have two options:
1. Download the obs-plugin-countdown-1.3.0-windows-x64-Installer.exe.zip file:
Unzip it and then run the installer. You will probably get some warnings as the app doesn't have proper developer signing and so Windows might warn you about it. Accepting the warning the plugin will install in the correct location.

2. The method you have carried out currently where you have downloaded the obs-plugin-countdown-1.3.0-windows-x64.zip file.
Unzip the file. In the unzipped folder you will see two sub folders:
- data
- obs-plugins
2.1 Open the obs-plugins > 64bit folder. You will see two files (obs-plugins-coutdown.dll and obs-plugin-countdown.pdb). Copy these two files into the folder: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
2.2 Open the data > obs-plugins folder. You will see a sub folder called obs-plugin-countdown. Copy this folder into the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins folder.

Hope this helps!

allenb123

Hello. I installed the Mac plugin in OBS Studio version 29.1.0 on my Mac machine, but the timer doesn't show up under the Docks menu.

Ashmanix

Hello. I installed the Mac plugin in OBS Studio version 29.1.0 on my Mac machine, but the timer doesn't show up under the Docks menu.
If you go to the following folder on your Mac: "{YourUserName}/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins" do you see a file called "obs-plugin-countdown.plugin"?

If you don't then the plugin hasn't been installed. When installing it Mac OS will prevent it from installing as it isn't apple verified. You need to check System Settings on your Mac and go to Privacy & Security and check for something like what's show below and click on Open Anyway
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 14.33.40.png

If you do are you able to check the logs for OBS (Help>Log Files>View Current Log) and look for any log lines that contain "[obs-plugin-countdown]" something like:
"14:28:12.846: [obs-plugin-countdown] plugin loaded successfully (version 1.2.0)"
What logs do you see?

ContentMoss

Heyo i think i must have mess up somewhere lol. I think i have the correct files in the correct spot but not 100%
Screenshot 2023-05-08 155425.png
Screenshot 2023-05-08 155246.png

and when i check the logs i get this
Logs.png

any help is appreciated! <3

allenb123

If you go to the following folder on your Mac: "{YourUserName}/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins" do you see a file called "obs-plugin-countdown.plugin"?

If you don't then the plugin hasn't been installed. When installing it Mac OS will prevent it from installing as it isn't apple verified. You need to check System Settings on your Mac and go to Privacy & Security and check for something like what's show below and click on Open Anyway
View attachment 93821

If you do are you able to check the logs for OBS (Help>Log Files>View Current Log) and look for any log lines that contain "[obs-plugin-countdown]" something like:
"14:28:12.846: [obs-plugin-countdown] plugin loaded successfully (version 1.2.0)"
What logs do you see?
Yes, I do see the file mentioned. I do not see anything in the log pertaining to the countdown. I ran the obs-plugin-countdown executable at /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-plugin-countdown.plugin/Contents/MacOS myself and I got the following error. Not sure if this points to the problem:
zsh: exec format error: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-plugin-countdown.plugin/Contents/MacOS/obs-plugin-countdown
Mac details:
M2 Pro
Mac OS Ventura 13.2
Installed executable: obs-plugin-countdown-1.3.0-macos-arm64.pkg

thank you

Ashmanix

Heyo i think i must have mess up somewhere lol. I think i have the correct files in the correct spot but not 100%View attachment 93897View attachment 93896
and when i check the logs i get this View attachment 93898
any help is appreciated! <3
I think the issue here is that OBS is not looking in your D drive for the plugin but in the location where OBS itself is installed. Try doing the following:
- Copy the .dll and .pdb files you have in your obs plugins>64bit folder to: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
- Go to your current D:\Software\OBS\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins folder. Find the folder called obs-plugin-countdown and copy it to the following location: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins

Assuming OBS is installed in the C:\Program Files folder, this will be one of the default locations it will look for the plugin.

Ashmanix

Yes, I do see the file mentioned. I do not see anything in the log pertaining to the countdown. I ran the obs-plugin-countdown executable at /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-plugin-countdown.plugin/Contents/MacOS myself and I got the following error. Not sure if this points to the problem:
zsh: exec format error: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-plugin-countdown.plugin/Contents/MacOS/obs-plugin-countdown
Mac details:
M2 Pro
Mac OS Ventura 13.2
Installed executable: obs-plugin-countdown-1.3.0-macos-arm64.pkg

thank you
If you try running that file directly it's normal for it to give that error (It needs to be run by OBS). I've tried it on my Mac just now and got the same error.

Are there any other plugins in this file location that are currently working on OBS? If there are I'm wondering if another OBS plugin is failing to load which might stop OBS from loading any remaining plugins as If you aren't getting any error logs at all for my plugin then OBS isn't even trying to load it.

Try one other thing, try moving the obs-plugin-countdown.pluging file to each of the following folder locations, once at a time, and then try starting OBS and seeing if you can see the option under Docks:

/Users/{your user name[B]}[/B]/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins
This is where it is installed for me currently.

/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Plugins
This is an option of last resort as every time you update OBS you will have to reinstall the plugin. I'd use this location just to doubly make sure the plugin can't load at all.

One other thing to do is when you just start up OBS have a look at the logs and look through them for anything that indicates an error when loading any other plugins. As I've said above if a plugin fails to load it might stop OBS from loading other plugins.

Ashmanix

Lo malo que la version minima de obs para instalar es 28, creo que deberia ser 21
I don't really know Spanish but Google translate translated this to:
The bad thing is that the minimum version of OBS to install is 28, I think it should be 21

I do agree that it would be better to support earlier versions of OBS but unfortunately there are features in my plugin (using QT 6) which I believe are only fully supported in OBS 28 and above. If there are a significant number of people that want to use the plugin on older versions of OBS I might have a look at trying to create a separate version of the plugin.

Google Translated to Spanish:
Estoy de acuerdo en que sería mejor admitir versiones anteriores de OBS, pero desafortunadamente hay funciones en mi complemento (que usa QT 6) que creo que solo son totalmente compatibles con OBS 28 y superior. Si hay un número significativo de personas que quieren usar el complemento en versiones anteriores de OBS, podría intentar crear una versión separada del complemento.

wiggleman83

Is there a video on how to install it? I'm following the directions and I can't get the clock to appear in my scene. I have the dock, it's sourced to text but I get nothing.