Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

Hi NoeAL
I successfully installed an older version of "animated lower thirds....." and it's working great! However, I am not sure how to update as today you have updated this software. Which files or folders to replace or delete for the update. Should I just make a backup of the logos that I created and delete the file and folders that are all parts of the software and replace with the updated ones. Also, I am using a Mac and I seem to be able to use all the features that is demonstrated on your video and don't see the need for the upgrade. Thank You for developing this software. Pretty nice!

Tormy

Hi NoeAL
I successfully installed an older version of "animated lower thirds....." and it's working great! However, I am not sure how to update as today you have updated this software. Which files or folders to replace or delete for the update. Should I just make a backup of the logos that I created and delete the file and folders that are all parts of the software and replace with the updated ones. Also, I am using a Mac and I seem to be able to use all the features that is demonstrated on your video and don't see the need for the upgrade. Thank You for developing this software. Pretty nice!
If you read my previous message you will know how to make it work o OBS 28. Since it's nothing special in terms of used languages, just the PATH FORMAT is important

darkteps

Hello everybody! I recently installed version 1.6 and it's working perfectly. However, I would like to know how to automate the rotation of the lowers (I'm using 3, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok). I'm breaking my head and I can't get this to work...LoL
Thank you for all your help and sorry for my English.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 134

roleli

Does anyone have this working for OBS 29?
Thanks
Working Fine are you on windows or mac?
On windows , let say you have the files in a folder called c:\obs\lower3rds ( you will need to adjust for your case)
  • in the custom docks you need: file:///C:/obs/lower3rds/control-panel.html
  • in the browser source you need: 1. uncheck local file 2. file:///C://obs/lower3rds/browser-source.html
You should be okay.

reesy

On windows , let say you have the files in a folder called c:\obs\lower3rds ( you will need to adjust for your case)
  • in the browser source you need: 1. uncheck local file 2. file:///C://obs/lower3rds/browser-source.html
You should be okay.
Windows, the CSS all looks screwed, will try redownloading....
Odd, overwriting fixed it, and its all working fine thanks for your kind help!

GeneticWolf

Hi there, on OBS 29.0.1, the Logo image doesn't load.
I tried everything, without success.
is there a fix ?

edit: let me rephrase that. The Logo load in the image load process but in the preview, it show "broken image logo" and when lower third appear, we also got the Microsoft broken image logo 16x16

GeneticWolf

You should be okay.
yes, this work, but it is not required. On Obs 29, don't click local file, and just paste a regular path without the file:// and all the %20 and it work. (at least on PC)

AhrGeeEl

The image doesn't show and is only showing the broken image icon. What should I do to correct it? I have tried many different image to rule out that it wasn't just the image I want that was the problem. There's an issue with the lower thirds itself as as soon as I press ok, it becomes broken. I changed nothing in the html code. Log file is attached below if its needed.
I am having the same missing icon or broken icon image issue. The logos I got with my kick-start package from AJtheCEO work, but the PNG icons I put in the same directory do not. All settings appear to match. I see several people are struggling with this. Are there logs or events I can check to determine why I keep getting the broken icon image?

ianmidd

Feature Request:

I realize that there hasn't been an update to this plugin for 2 years now, but I'd like to put this out there in case there is interest from anyone else.

I have some scenes that display input from 2 cameras side-by-side. I would like to have 2 separate lower third areas overlaid over each of the two camera sources but be able to independently display a lower third on each of them, perhaps by linking all presets from "Lower Third 1" to one camera feed and "Lower Third 2" to the other area so that when I click a memory slot in "Lower Third 1" that lower third only displays on the left camera feed and if I click a memory slot in "Lower Third 2" it will only show on the right camera feed.

Currently if more than one Lower Third source is added to a scene the lower third will duplicate on all sources in the scene.

Another way to say what I am thinking is that I would like to be able to selectively link the 4 specific lower third groups to individual/multiple lower third sources in a single scene.

KPC

Does anyone have the issue, if you change the style option of the lower third, the logo option disappears completely and doesn't return, without resetting the config. I can replicate the issue every time, even with no config in there, i change the style and poof, logos disappear. Thoughts?
I'm having this same issue - anyone find a solution? -

So, I am guessing from reading many (not every) page of this thread, this plugin is no longer being actively updated?

KPC

I'm having this same issue - anyone find a solution? -

So, I am guessing from reading many (not every) page of this thread, this plugin is no longer being actively updated?
I figured it out - there is a button to show and hide the logo.

Dr.KD

Hi, is the memory slots supposed to be erased after closing the application? Every time I close the application and reopen it, all memory slots are cleared. I tried backing up and importing that backup, but the backup apparently only records what is in the queue at that point in time. Do I need to switch to each memory slot and back them up individually but also would it be able to read multiple backups and place them in the correct memory slot etc?

Dr.KD

Feature Request:

I realize that there hasn't been an update to this plugin for 2 years now, but I'd like to put this out there in case there is interest from anyone else.

I have some scenes that display input from 2 cameras side-by-side. I would like to have 2 separate lower third areas overlaid over each of the two camera sources but be able to independently display a lower third on each of them, perhaps by linking all presets from "Lower Third 1" to one camera feed and "Lower Third 2" to the other area so that when I click a memory slot in "Lower Third 1" that lower third only displays on the left camera feed and if I click a memory slot in "Lower Third 2" it will only show on the right camera feed.

Currently if more than one Lower Third source is added to a scene the lower third will duplicate on all sources in the scene.

Another way to say what I am thinking is that I would like to be able to selectively link the 4 specific lower third groups to individual/multiple lower third sources in a single scene.
From my little experimentation, you can use each lower third as independent. However, the max you can display on one monitor at any one time is 3 LT and the only style that allows this is style 2. Select is and just change the alignment to be left on one LT and the right alignment to be on LT 2. Make sure both of them are on and it should work.

GeneticWolf

Hello all !!

First of all, I tried to look into the html, css and javascript code to find the problem with the logo.
I found a few pointer in the right direction, but not a "perfect" solution

The logo directory seem to be hard coded into the application, so if you load another logo, you'll see it in preview, but the code will replace the location of the file and switch it back to the logo directory (it will keep the name of the proper file though but search for it into the wrong directory)

so, the first solution for this issue is to put your logo file inside the logo directory of the application.

Second issue, when you switch from let's say config 1 to config 2, when you come back to config 1, your logo is replaced by a broken image.
I found the solution for this as well but not why the code is acting like that.
The solution (not a perfect one) is to place a file named "logo.png" inside the logo directory with the proper image.

it seem that when you switch setting, the location and file name of the file is replaced with the logo directory and the file name is replaced with
logo.png

so... here you can see it in action into this video:

hope that help you all.

Dick Dawson

Hello all !!

First of all, I tried to look into the html, css and javascript code to find the problem with the logo.
I found a few pointer in the right direction, but not a "perfect" solution

The logo directory seem to be hard coded into the application, so if you load another logo, you'll see it in preview, but the code will replace the location of the file and switch it back to the logo directory (it will keep the name of the proper file though but search for it into the wrong directory)

so, the first solution for this issue is to put your logo file inside the logo directory of the application.

Second issue, when you switch from let's say config 1 to config 2, when you come back to config 1, your logo is replaced by a broken image.
I found the solution for this as well but not why the code is acting like that.
The solution (not a perfect one) is to place a file named "logo.png" inside the logo directory with the proper image.

it seem that when you switch setting, the location and file name of the file is replaced with the logo directory and the file name is replaced with
logo.png

so... here you can see it in action into this video:

hope that help you all.
Thanks mate. Just what I needed in a pinch for time.

inigohe

Regards from Spain.
I'm experimented crashing of OBS once you selected the logo, to introduce another custom one!!!!. Seams to be incompatible with OBS 29.XX, for linux Ubuntu latest realse.
Let me know if will be any kind of upgrade for newest releases of OBS.
Thx a lot for your work, Ignacio

1679057930339.png

jbo2000

is their a way to run this on a web server. I am able to access the control-panel.html on a remote machine, but I am not able to control the browser-source.html from a remote machine

TBrown

Can someone help.... i install lower third v.1.6 on OBS 29.0.2 and is not working.... please any possible solution

TBrown

Which verson of OBS are you using... because mine is not working....
Hello everybody! I recently installed version 1.6 and it's working perfectly. However, I would like to know how to automate the rotation of the lowers (I'm using 3, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok). I'm breaking my head and I can't get this to work...LoL
Thank you for all your help and sorry for my English.