Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

snss

Not sure whether this has anything to do with your problem, but I recall instructions that said to delete everything in the source properties Custom CSS field. I would copy and paste somewhere first so you can easily get it back.

True, there are instructions that are saying to delete the CSS inside the Custom CSS field. I deleted the CSS code but the issue is still there. So, it appears that has nothing to do with the CSS code inside the field.

uncleflip

Howdy, folks!

I'd like to add to the previous questions about adding fonts. I have a rather specific one I want to use, and I have it installed on my computer. I'd love to know if there's way to add it in to the list of available fonts. (I saw a youtube video that mentioned installing from fonts.google.com, but the font I need is not listed there.)

I *LOVE* this plugin, BTW. I've worked out hotkeys for selecting memory slots in the 4 LT sections, then activating any of the LTs- and programmed this into my Stream Deck. With just two presses of a button, I can have any one of 40 different lower thirds pop into my video. AWESOME!

Be well
-UF

snss

Hi guys!
Finally, today I was able to solve my issue with ALT.
The "magic" solution was to disable Browser Hardware Acceleration. I still don't know why this didn't worked previously.
Maybe someone from OBS dev team will look into this small issue and fix it.

RolandW

One thing I liked about the way I used to do lower thirds for our church stream is that they got their content from text files on our Google Drive that I could prepare from home ahead of time. I understand that this Animated Lower Thirds cannot (yet) do this. Is there any way I can prepare these with OBS at home and then transfer a file or files to the church OBS computer so they are ready to go?

uncleflip

Is there any way I can prepare these with OBS at home and then transfer a file or files to the church OBS computer so they are ready to go?
Yes. In the top configuration box, you can export all of your lower third data, and save it in a text file on your home computer. All you need to do after that, is import the text file into the lower thirds instance on the church computer.

RolandW

Yes. In the top configuration box, you can export all of your lower third data, and save it in a text file on your home computer. All you need to do after that, is import the text file into the lower thirds instance on the church computer.
Excellent, thank you!

uncleflip

Excellent, thank you!
I forgot to add- if you are using a custom logo, the logo must be installed in the proper folder on the church computer. (It does not export with the text-field data that form the lower thirds.) This is probably obvious, but I've missed the obvious so many times, that it's good to play it safe. :)

RolandW

I forgot to add- if you are using a custom logo, the logo must be installed in the proper folder on the church computer. (It does not export with the text-field data that form the lower thirds.) This is probably obvious, but I've missed the obvious so many times, that it's good to play it safe. :)
Yes, I made sure I have the same logos available both places. My main computer at home is an iMac, and although I did have OBS installed on it, I had not attempted to use Animated Lower Thirds. I did over the weekend, and I'm having the same problem that other Mac users have reported: the LT box turns red and it won't display. I'm assuming, however, that I can still use this on the Mac just for entering the content that I want for the church LTs and exporting the text file to be used there. If that doesn't work I do have Windows machines at home that I can use. Thanks again for the tip about import/export; this was sitting right under my nose and I had not noticed it.

walllle919

hey guys loving lower thirds, just wondering if theres a way to red text from file for most recent subs and followers? i want to make a pop up for that but unable to figure it out

kelemvor

Is there any way to not show the 2nd line of text? I know I can leave it blank, but it still leaves space where it would normally show. I sometimes just want someone's name, but no title, but don't see any way to do that.

keithdjohnson44

My bank #1 lost the ability to show the logo. I cannot get it back. I tried deleting the plug-in and re-installing but it the same and with my info still in. How do i completely uninstall including information

Attachments

• lower third example.png
    lower third example.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 100

Ronnie G

Question --- How do I upload the the lower third to the DOCS --- the video posted here is for Windows not MAC. I have tried to find and use the the file path but its not being recognized. Can anyone help with set up for MAC?

Streamliam

As first I would give my best compliments to the creator of this marvellous piece of data for this plug-in because this is a wonderful skill for OBS. I'm relatively newbye in OBS plug-in management, so my question is concerned to the possibility in change some graphic parts on this lowr3rd plug-in. How (if it's possible) can I change graphic parts and customize it with other details?
For instance I would change the " | " on 1st style to this " / " etc. etc. with others styles, as another instance could be change the square/round logo backdrop in the 3rd style with another shape (star or anything else).
I'm sorry for the question but I can't find a solution by myself at the moment!
Thanks in advance!
Liam.

uncleflip

Is there any way to not show the 2nd line of text? I know I can leave it blank, but it still leaves space where it would normally show. I sometimes just want someone's name, but no title, but don't see any way to do that.
I hope I'm not so late as to be totally useless on this. (I haven't checked in here in quite some time.)

I have made this work- but it take a LOT of adjusting and re-adjusting of settings that often seem to affect one another. I simply kept playing with the ratio of font sizes, and the distance between them. I also found that while setting the font color to transparent seems it would help, the drop shadow cannot be completely eliminated. The values allowed range from 1-10, with one being the lightest- but still there. As with other values, I could cheat past the allowed values by typing numbers in directly. However, with the drop shadow, typing in 0 actually gave a darker shadow than 1 did. The only way to completely eliminate the drop shadow is to have a gray background that matches it.

In short, you can eliminate the bottom line- but be patient. It'll take a good amount of tweaking. In my case, I figure out how to do settings so the bottom line was effectively off screen, if I remember correctly.

This is a good tool, and I like it very much- but I am currently working with lower thirds I built myself out of a few layers and transition effects in OBS. For some future projects on which I do not have as much time to play, I will likely use the animated lower thirds plugin.

Gizmor

First of all i really love this, but for some reason i ran into a issue.
When i try so set a different style the image placeholder disappears and wont come back anymore.... The only way to get the image placeholder back is to reset the data in the main settings.

Is there anyone else having this problem ?

Cordeirovitor

I read the description and it says you can include dynamic content. It uses the BroadcasChannel API for it? Is there a tutorial? Did someone made it work?