Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

Cyberlight

Hey, NoeAL! I'm a developer who isn't so good at design. Any interest in having me help supercharge this tool (for nothing but some credit, of course)?

I can't say for sure without seeing how things work under the hood, but I'm thinking we simplify the install process, potentially allow for more than just the 4 lower thirds programmatically, and allow access to logo files and such that aren't found within the one specific folder. I also know how to do StreamDeck plugins.

theasset

I can't load an image to replace the default. I am using Linux Mint.

1) I click on the 'Your Logo Here' image in one of the four docked dialogs.
2) A 'choose image' dialog box opens with 'CHOOSE IMAGE on the top.
3) I click on the 'Chose Image' Bar and nothing happens. So I click on the little folder icon next to the bar and a smaller dialog box appears. All I can do is Cancel it or hit Ok.

Which since I can't do anything else are the same kind of nothing.

To make things simple for a test I opened a default image and colored the white overlay part red using Linux gimp. Then I saved it as logo_5.png in the same folder. If I could navigate to it and select it I think it would work. But I can't select it. I made a screenshot of where the dialog gets stuck.

Not sure if this will help you, but I recall seeing in a previous comment that while you can browse your computer for images to add, they actually need to be in the plugin folder, here: \Animated-Lower-Thirds\logos, then you can choose them and they'll show up :)

theasset

Hello, Noe, Thanks for your work! But i have some problems...

i maked all for your instructions, but file browser-source.html does not open in any browser. I see just white page.
But File control-panel.html does open in browser and i can manipulate witch Control Panel thrue browser.

When i add this browser-source.htm in OBS and click Apply, i see only white square.

Tell me, please, what shoud i do??
I can`t sleep second week and i will die, if you don`t help me (((

Мy ОS: Windows 10 Pro x64
Version OBS: 27.01
Language OBS is Russian

You're not supposed to see anything in the browser - its just the way the plugin "tricks" OBS to add the plugin to your Sources.

Try going into OBS settings, Advanced,Sources, and either enable or disable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration.. For me, it was on by default and it didn't work, so I unchecked it, OBS rebooted, and now it works

adjstreams

Is it possible to delay the start of the lower third from showing? When I switch to the scene with the LT on it, it immediately starts to animate. I know I can use TouchPortal, or a bot, or maybe another filter to manage the visibility of the browser source in the scene, but it'd be great if I could set a short delay within the LT controls to control how quickly it starts to animate.

Ebiomat

You're not supposed to see anything in the browser - its just the way the plugin "tricks" OBS to add the plugin to your Sources.

Try going into OBS settings, Advanced,Sources, and either enable or disable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration.. For me, it was on by default and it didn't work, so I unchecked it, OBS rebooted, and now it works

No, it does not work ((( it was not helped ((

AirWing Films

Hello NoeAL... Thanks for the great Lower Thirds tool! Am super happy to have it and use it in my broadcasts! And here are a few operator questions... (I am new to the OBS forum so not sure where to put this query, so please someone move to a better place if needed!

??First question... I need to pre-load a long list of names and titles into the tool ahead of live events. Till recently, I've simply added the names and titles into the GUI in the 40 slots available. But then realized I could also modify the configuration text file (modifying "alt-#-name #..." or "alt-#-info#..." as participants changed, or changed order). I just change the names and info for the desired names and titles and reload the file. Along the way, I noticed that the info in the config file seems to be in no particular order. Is that correct - i.e. no particular order? If so, can I just add all my "alt-#-name#..." and "alt-#-info#..." lines (40 of 'em) all together at the end of the config file and will it still work? (Haven't tried it yet 'cause I'm at the beach and my OBS computer is at home! :-))

?? Second question... Ideally, I'd like for someone to operate this tool (especially the name loading & changing) from another network computer - separate from the main computer that's running OBS - i.e. a dedicated graphics person/workstation 'cause I don't have the time or brainbytes or keyboard availability to do it while I'm directing the broadcast. So... can this tool be run from another computer - especially the names/info loading/modifying part of it??

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide, and again, great tool - love it, you da man!

leogoss

hello guys, congratulations for the Lower Thirds Control Panel, but I'm having trouble installing it on mac, when it's time to put the path the obs can't find

Rediflow

Hello There,

very nice tool so far, but has anyone a way to trigger a specific lower third for scene changes?
E.G. When I change to just face cam, I would like to show Lower third 1 with my name (Float in and out), When I change to the side cam, I would like to flow in and out Lower third 2 with the Side cam name. Back to Scene 1, My name again with Lower Third 1,

Premium would be to trigger not just Lower third slots but memory slots in that lower third

Thanks in advance to anyone trying to help.

yousername

Thanks for the great plugin, I just love it (in a different then I love my wife but still...)

As I have no logo to show in the LT, I simply created an "empty.png" file. I would like however to add "corporate info" in the form of text on a third row. Therefore I would like to find out how to (if at all possible) add a third row.
Additionally, is there a way to add fonts that are not listed on the Google fonts page?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Markus04093

Great tool! I've added 2 additional memory slots and tried to modify the hotkey lua and get this error and none of the LT hotkeys:

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error loading file: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:490: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 127) near 'elseif'

Mind you I don't alter any of this code. The original 10 slot lua works fine, I get all the lower third hotkey slots in obs settings. Absolute beginner here, thanks in advance for your guidance!

HoosierDaddy

Right now you have ten for each. And I have changed the code to be scalable. If you need more slots just add another "<li>" below the last one:

<li id = "alt-1-slot-11"> <div class = "slot-storable stored-name" id = "alt-1-name-11"> </div> <div class = "slot-storable stored-info "id =" alt-1-info-11 "> </div> </li>

This will add one more in the "Lower third 1". It's important that the number is different, there cannot be two "slot-10". If you wanted it in the lower third 3, you would have to change "alt-3-slot-11", "alt-3-name-11" and "alt-3-info-11".

Hope it helps if anyone needs more. ^^

Nice add... now how would you add the extra slots as Hotkeys within Settings>Hotkeys in OBS itself? I still only see the option for 10 Hotkeys for "Load Slot #... ON LT#..." ??

hasiel_007

HI,
I need your help, why mine is not showing up on screen
Screenshot 2021-10-30 113746.jpg

tazcowboy

Is there a way to "disable" a slot instead of deleting it? For example, If I am using 4 slots but for a broadcast I only want to use the 2nd and 3rd slots. I don't wish to remove 1 and 4, because they would be used in a different broadcast.

nbomberger

MacOS support

I was able to get it semi-working on OSX. I am going to put this here just in case it helps someone else.

1. The URL for the source and control panel should have no spaces in it. It appears to URL encode it, so if you have spaces, it will garble your URL, which won't be read by the browser.

2.Use"file:///" protocol to load the control panel

3. It appears you can use the normal dialog for loading the Browser source. Choose "Local file".

4. Logos still show up broken - The dialogue works properly when you load the image, but then it appears it isn't referenced properly so it shows that "broken" image that chrome shows you when your images have an address, but can't find the file.

As you can see, the panel works, but shows the images not being found. I am new to the plugin, so I don't know what other features work, but my guess is that the broken image on MacOS is due to how it is referencing the file. I haven't dug into the code at this point.

This might already be known, but maybe this helps someone else. Love it.
1637614212417.png

When you click on the logo, you see this (after you attempted to load it).

1637614360783.png

Then when you go to the dialoge, it will allow you to pull in the image, but it breaks agan.

1637614406021.png

I was thinking I might be able to hard code the images, but again, I didn't dive too deeply into it.

This is OBS 27.1.3 with Chrome Version 96.0.4664.55 (Official Build) (x86_64)

nbomberger

MacOS support

I was able to get it semi-working on OSX. I am going to put this here just in case it helps someone else.

1. The URL for the source and control panel should have no spaces in it. It appears to URL encode it, so if you have spaces, it will garble your URL, which won't be read by the browser.

2.Use"file:///" protocol to load the control panel

3. It appears you can use the normal dialog for loading the Browser source. Choose "Local file".

4. Logos still show up broken - The dialogue works properly when you load the image, but then it appears it isn't referenced properly so it shows that "broken" image that chrome shows you when your images have an address, but can't find the file.

As you can see, the panel works, but shows the images not being found. I am new to the plugin, so I don't know what other features work, but my guess is that the broken image on MacOS is due to how it is referencing the file. I haven't dug into the code at this point.

This might already be known, but maybe this helps someone else. Love it.
View attachment 77286

When you click on the logo, you see this (after you attempted to load it).

View attachment 77287

Then when you go to the dialoge, it will allow you to pull in the image, but it breaks agan.

View attachment 77288

I was thinking I might be able to hard code the images, but again, I didn't dive too deeply into it.

This is OBS 27.1.3 with Chrome Version 96.0.4664.55 (Official Build) (x86_64)
I was wondering if maybe there might be a security setting in Chrome that would be a quick fix. Or if someone has gotten it to work on MacOS, I would love to know the workaround. Fantastic piece of software, and I would love to be able to use this on my lives.

Geos

hello guys, congratulations for the Lower Thirds Control Panel, but I'm having trouble installing it on mac, when it's time to put the path the obs can't find

As far as I understand you can´t use it on mac.

"Requirements
Unfortunately, OBS doesn't support browser panels on MacOs. It only works on Windows. And can be used on Linux using the snap installation."

I'm mac user too. It's a pity that it isn't available for mac users.

qwe1154323937

Hello, your plug-in makes live broadcasting or recording very interesting for me. It can prompt the audience to pay attention, ask for songs, game information and so on.
I believe its potential can be more powerful. In the process of OBS startup, this software seems to occupy most of the performance. When it is just started, my mouse pointer will drop the frame and cannot move. I can only operate after the OBS startup is complete. I can't know what caused it, but I can only report it here.
I am a user in China. I found that your plug-in did not achieve localization. I believe that there are some cumbersome steps to complete localization using HTML source code. Can you write some text variables to external files for reading in the subsequent process?
Because I want to make a video of your plug-in in China for publicity, I have localized your source code. I will attach the localized source file to the attachment below. I will publicize your address in GitHub and obs in the subsequent video production.
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• control-panel.zip
    22 KB · Views: 37