Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

Dean Holder

@Dean Holder: Go to View>Docks>Custom Browser Docks and (1) delete the dock related to Animated Lower Thirds, (2) Close OBS, (3) Restart OBS and (4) Add again Animated Lower Thirds. Don't forget to hit the Apply button :D. Check and make sure that you have enabled Browser Source Hardware Acceleration(File>Settings>Advanced>Source Section)
Thanks a lot for that advice but turning off Browser Source Hardware Acceleration worked for me. I never would have thought about looking there for the answer. Great job.

untukku

what happen with LT 1 ? why have I restarted OBS and it still doesn't come back for the photo in this green box?

Attachments

• 57 51 - 08-06-2021.png
    57 51 - 08-06-2021.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 94

snss

@untukku:
(1) Click on + button to expand LT's properties.
(2) Click on the image icon(on the 1st column the 3rd icon - Show/Hide the logo image).
This will make your logo visible.

untukku

So it goes, in one go I LIVE I need 3 LT and I put it on Lower Third 1.

Then in Lower Third 2 I want to make two ad/sponsor inserts. How do I make every time I do a LIVE, the LT that will be displayed is: Lower Third 1 first square city, then Lower Third 2 first box, then Lower Third 1 box 2 then Lower Third 2 box 2 then Lower Third 1 box 3.

The point is alternating. Or any other ideas?

Then at the moment the logo is only able to take photos, can we insert source: mp4 or webcam (my face is as a teacher. It doesn't matter how small it is, but it's more real LIVE streaming)?

snss

@untukku: Animated Lower Thirds allows you to display logo(s) and text. You can have multiple texts in the slots (10) and a logo per LT.
Is this what you want?
(1) In LT1 you want to have: your logo and some text in the 1st slot.
(2) In LT2 you want to have: two ad/sponsors. I assume that you want only to display only text(one text per slot. For example: In the 1st slot ad/sponsor number 1, in the 2nd slot ad/sponsor number 2).
(3) In L3 you want to have what?

As you might know:
(1) you can display automatically the logo and text in the slots for a certain period of time;
(2) you can switch automatically between the slots.

I don't understand what you mean " Then at the moment the logo is only able to take photos, can we insert source: mp4 or webcam (my face is as a teacher. It doesn't matter how small it is, but it's more real LIVE streaming)?"
You can't insert an mp4 file or a live image from a webcam using Animated Lower Thirds.

However, if you want to have your image displayed during the streaming this can be done. The size and the positioning is up to you.

@NoeAL: Can you have a logo and text per slot in every LT?

Last edited:

boskap

Hi
is it possible to use the lower Thirds Plugin for q&a
that a second user have a tool/web frontend to write in the answer and activate the lower third with the anwser showing

like a remote text entry

thx Peter

NoeAL

So it goes, in one go I LIVE I need 3 LT and I put it on Lower Third 1.

Then in Lower Third 2 I want to make two ad/sponsor inserts. How do I make every time I do a LIVE, the LT that will be displayed is: Lower Third 1 first square city, then Lower Third 2 first box, then Lower Third 1 box 2 then Lower Third 2 box 2 then Lower Third 1 box 3.

The point is alternating. Or any other ideas?

Then at the moment the logo is only able to take photos, can we insert source: mp4 or webcam (my face is as a teacher. It doesn't matter how small it is, but it's more real LIVE streaming)?
Hi @untukku,
To show the LT1 and then the LT2 alternating them. At the moment you can only do it by synchronizing them manually.

1. Turn on the Main Switch.
2. Enable "Autoload" (It loads automatically the next memory slot every time it goes to the inactive state)
3. In the LT1 put the IN-OUT time (e.g. 2 seconds) and ACTIVE time (e.g. 10 seconds). Now, the important thing, the INACTIVE time has to be twice the IN-OUT time + the ACTIVE time (in this example it would be 14 seconds). Put the same values in the LT2.
4. Turn ON the LT1 Switch.
5. When the LT1 changes to the INACTIVE state (after 10 seconds). Turn ON the LT2 Switch. And ready.

alternating.png

And as a logo you can only put images, no videos or webcams. I am sorry.

Hope this can help you.

NoeAL

@untukku: Animated Lower Thirds allows you to display logo(s) and text. You can have multiple texts in the slots (10) and a logo per LT.
Is this what you want?
(1) In LT1 you want to have: your logo and some text in the 1st slot.
(2) In LT2 you want to have: two ad/sponsors. I assume that you want only to display only text(one text per slot. For example: In the 1st slot ad/sponsor number 1, in the 2nd slot ad/sponsor number 2).
(3) In L3 you want to have what?

As you might know:
(1) you can display automatically the logo and text in the slots for a certain period of time;
(2) you can switch automatically between the slots.

I don't understand what you mean " Then at the moment the logo is only able to take photos, can we insert source: mp4 or webcam (my face is as a teacher. It doesn't matter how small it is, but it's more real LIVE streaming)?"
You can't insert an mp4 file or a live image from a webcam using Animated Lower Thirds.

However, if you want to have your image displayed during the streaming this can be done. The size and the positioning is up to you.

@NoeAL: Can you have a logo and text per slot in every LT?
Yes, you can have a different logo and text in each memory slot.
Although in Linux with the dialog problem you will not be able to change the logos. :(

NoeAL

Hi
is it possible to use the lower Thirds Plugin for q&a
that a second user have a tool/web frontend to write in the answer and activate the lower third with the anwser showing

like a remote text entry

thx Peter
Hi! The next update will be able to read TXT files. Here is a little test video:

If the other user has access to that TXT file it could be a solution.

snss

Yes, you can have a different logo and text in each memory slot.
Although in Linux with the dialog problem you will not be able to change the logos. :(
I didn't know that you can have different logo per slot per LT. This is great!!! Well, I think this will be very helpful for people using Windows version. I hope that the dialog/window issue in Linux will be fixed soon.
Can't wait for the next version!

untukku

Me and my friends often find it difficult to live stream every time using this plugin, please see our results which are still messy

25 29 - 14-06-2021.png

Our problem, namely: replacing (face photo, or brand photo) between private students 1 and 2 and others, and a partner.

So what happened when it was LIVE with private student C but what appeared was the name of private student A, and so on. So very unprofessional for the viewers watching our live stream.

Any ideas or suggestions to make it easy and fast to change this?

Just_Mick4

Is there any reason that the logos I upload won't appear? Reasonably sized PNGs that show up when I select it to add it, but when I close the box I get a broken image icon.
fsgwwghf.JPG

gfds.JPG

snss

@Just_Mick4: Have you copied the images in the logo folder?
Try this:
(1) Delete your .png/jpeg file from your logo folder;
(2) Copy your .png/jpeg file again in the logo folder;
(4) Restart OBS.
If this doesn't solve your problem, then:
(1) Delete Animated Lower Thirds Dock from View->Docks;
(2) Add again Animated Lower Thirds in View->Docks;
(3) Add again your .png/.jpeg file to the logo folder;
(4) Restart OBS
Hope this will help you.

Castelan

How do I make Lower Third always apparent without animation?
I need Lower Third to enter and stay fixed and not leave the screen anymore.