Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

NoeAL

Hi

Great plugin - thanks for creating this!

I have it set up and am testing it out. The latest version which has the 10 slots, I dont seem to be able to switch between them. I am wondering if this is an issue or if this is related to a setting somewhere (perhaps something being cached ?)

Thanks
Hi! Does it work to save and delete? Or when clicking they do nothing?
The rest of the control panel works normally?

NoeAL

I think its all installed and set up correctly. All the other features are working great. Just done a quick recording to show the issue

It works correctly ... or rather, as I wrote it! Hehe
I think you are understanding it from another point of view.

When you click on an empty slot you copy the content of the fields (name and info) within it. When the slot has something saved, it will always load its content in the text fields when you click it.
If you want to save something new in an occupied slot, you must first empty it by holding the click until it flashes red.

To know what content you have loaded, the slots are marked in white when their content is the same as the name and info fields.

I hope this helps you!

nikd76

It works correctly ... or rather, as I wrote it! Hehe
I think you are understanding it from another point of view.

When you click on an empty slot you copy the content of the fields (name and info) within it. When the slot has something saved, it will always load its content in the text fields when you click it.
If you want to save something new in an occupied slot, you must first empty it by holding the click until it flashes red.

To know what content you have loaded, the slots are marked in white when their content is the same as the name and info fields.

I hope this helps you!
Got it - that all makes sense and works great - thanks for the clarification

Blondelion

Hi,
To communicate with each other, html files use a channel.
Look in both files ("browser-source.html" and "control-panel.html") for the line where it is:

var bc = new BroadcastChannel ('obs-lower-thirds-channel');
var bcr = new BroadcastChannel ('obs-lower-thirds-channel2');

The tool uses two channels, one to send information and the other to receive it.

You just have to change the name of that channel. 'obs-lower-thirds-cannel-B' and 'obs-lower-thirds-cannel2-B', for example.
The important thing is that the two files that you want to be communicated have the same name in their channels.

I would recommend that you rename the files as well to avoid other problems. Since cookies are used to store the information of the fields.

Hope this solves it.

I just changed the channels name and changed the "browser-source.html" and control-panel.html" file names and now showing works great but as you said the fields information and styles are still the same, maybe I'm missing changing a file name or something else.

Thanks for the help

NoeAL

I just changed the channels name and changed the "browser-source.html" and control-panel.html" file names and now showing works great but as you said the fields information and styles are still the same, maybe I'm missing changing a file name or something else.

Thanks for the help
From what I have read, the method I use to store the information of the fields (localStorage) saves the ID of the input or fields and their value. So whenever the browser finds that same ID, it will load that value. Your cloned control panel should have different IDs in all its inputs or fields to be able to store different values.

Try one thing. Practically all IDs in this tool are prefixed with "alt" (for Animated Lower Thirds). Find and replace "alt" with "elt" (or whatever you want) in "control-panel.html" and "style_control-panel.css".

It would have to work.

LeandroDR

Hi @NoeAL

First of all congratulations once again for this great tool. God bless your life immensely.

A question. Is there a way to hide or decrease the thickness of the bar/line that separates the name with the logo?

Sem título.png

NoeAL

Hi @NoeAL

First of all congratulations once again for this great tool. God bless your life immensely.

A question. Is there a way to hide or decrease the thickness of the bar/line that separates the name with the logo?

View attachment 60821
Sure! Modifying the file "style-source.css" on the line 586 approx. You will see this:

.style-1> .graph-1 {
order: 1;
position: relative;
width: 0.3em;
height: 3.5em;
}

If you want to make the bar thinner change "width: 0.3em;" by "width: 0.1em" or whatever you want. To hide it add "opacity: 0;".

Thanks for using the tool. ;)

LeandroDR

Sure! Modifying the file "style-source.css" on the line 586 approx. You will see this:

.style-1> .graph-1 {
order: 1;
position: relative;
width: 0.3em;
height: 3.5em;
}

If you want to make the bar thinner change "width: 0.3em;" by "width: 0.1em" or whatever you want. To hide it add "opacity: 0;".

Thanks for using the tool. ;)

Thank you for the brief return.

Adding opacity: 0; at this point it makes the bar invisible at the end of the animation, but it still appears in the input and output animation.

How could I eliminate it completely? Why in my view, when using a background color, the animation of this bar could be eliminated.

Watch the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a5_zvW4xFkNdPKQ1tdfdvUPoNGGnTfBz/view?usp=sharing

NoeAL

Blondelion

From what I have read, the method I use to store the information of the fields (localStorage) saves the ID of the input or fields and their value. So whenever the browser finds that same ID, it will load that value. Your cloned control panel should have different IDs in all its inputs or fields to be able to store different values.

Try one thing. Practically all IDs in this tool are prefixed with "alt" (for Animated Lower Thirds). Find and replace "alt" with "elt" (or whatever you want) in "control-panel.html" and "style_control-panel.css".

It would have to work.

This finally worked but I had to change also in "style-source.css" and "browser-source.html"

Thank you very much, awesome tool

Kannos

Hello, very good, the update, I would love that later on you could put your own background in PNG or Avi to make your own animations for the lower, it's great and I tried it a lot and I loved it so much we hope you keep bringing updates as good as it is.

NoeAL

Is there a any way to change the background opacity %?
Thank you... what an excellent job!
Great plugin, thank for the release! Do I have any way to make the background semi-transparent?
Hi! Many of you have asked for it and it was in my plans to solve it.
Tomorrow I will upload a new update. In it you can adjust the opacity of all colors.

In addition, the update will have some new features that I think are quite interesting. ;)

Thanks for your comments.

VideoHockey

Mr NoeAl,
In the previous lower 3rd (someone else developed) I created 2 different Control-panel HTML files. (I film the womens and mens hockey team). I renamed them in "Control-panel-Women.html" & "Control-panel-Men.html". Per file I entered the names of the players. I then referred 2 docks to each file and used the dock I needed for the match.
With your lower 3rd I did the same, but I now see that creating 2 different Docks in OBS do not resolve in 2 separate Docks with names for women and men. How can I solve this? I can't find any of the names in the html files
(And sorry for the previous post... Pressed CTRL-ENTER instead of SHIFT-ENTER ... my bad)

Last edited: