Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

GrumpyDog

I am using a silicon M2 Macbook and OBS 30.0.2. I reloaded everything to try to resolve some issues and now when I am reinstalling Animated Lower Thirds plugin, I get this error message:

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error loading file: [string "/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/PlugIns/Animat..."]:491: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 155) near 'elseif'

I have the files loaded into the plugin folder of the OBS - Package Contents folder, but the script is having an issue running it. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks
The error indicate that the lua file has an error in it. You could try to (re) download a new installation of the lower third plugin. If the error persist, then it needs to be fixed in the lua file

avintagemiracle

Does anyone know of a way to have the panel text fields call data from say an excel file? An example would be I have a fight card (a list of fighters & the order of the fights). I set up a vlookup and match formula to search for specific names based on the fight. I want the panel to fetch the data from the cells in the formula to auto populate as I change the fight. I would otherwise utilize the memory slots but there are more fights than slots

gmdewulf

So, I no longer get the error message mentioned in my post immediately above.

I have reinstalled the app in a sub-directory of the C:\ drive and I have the lower thirds app working sort of.

When I mouse click the Lower Thirds 1, 2, 3 or 4 "on" button - the appropriate box gets a blue border and its lower thirds text appears on the screen.

However, the Hotkeys are not working. I can see them on the list of Hotkeys; however, Shift + 1, 2, 3, 4 does not work. I suspect they're still looking at the prior incorrect installation's location.

I'm loathe to uninstall the app as it's taken such a long road to get it installed so that the Lower Thirds appears on screen.

Any ideas?

NRB01

Tal vez no lo encontré, pero ya esta funcionando para Mac OS? lo instalé pero no funciona...seria cool si pueden subir un video tutorial para Mac

Gracias!

r3dd3vil

hello guys i'm on obs 30.1.1 and i have a strange problem with this plugin. I've done all the installation steps, if i use it from chrome everything is working. If i start it via obs browser pointing to browser-source file i cant see the lower thirds. Another strange thing is if i point to the control panel html i can see the control panel completely (also tried with other files and they are working) so i really dont understand what is wrong here. Anyone have an idea? Thanks

STEPHANVS

hello guys i'm on obs 30.1.1 and i have a strange problem with this plugin. I've done all the installation steps, if i use it from chrome everything is working. If i start it via obs browser pointing to browser-source file i cant see the lower thirds. Another strange thing is if i point to the control panel html i can see the control panel completely (also tried with other files and they are working) so i really dont understand what is wrong here. Anyone have an idea? Thanks
Make sure to use exactly the same format when entering the paths for both the control panel and the browser source. Under windows I use file:///C:/path/to/html%20files/control%20panel.html
file:///C:/path/to/html%20files/browser%20source.html

r3dd3vil

Make sure to use exactly the same format when entering the paths for both the control panel and the browser source. Under windows I use file:///C:/path/to/html%20files/control%20panel.html
file:///C:/path/to/html%20files/browser%20source.html
hello stephanvs, path is the same :/ still not working

arcturus19

I was also having issues with the lower thirds not working on a fresh install of OBS 30.1 and this plugin on Windows 11. I tried testing other browser sources and found out that none of them worked. That lead me to this brief video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJ4rOj5sMY
TL;DR - the solution is to go to File -> Settings -> Advanced, scroll all the way to the bottom, and then under Sources, make sure the checkbox for Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration is disabled.

Judy401

The error indicate that the lua file has an error in it. You could try to (re) download a new installation of the lower third plugin. If the error persist, then it needs to be fixed in the lua file

GrumpDog, Could you guide me on how to create/ask a question on this forum, specifically on Animated Lower Thirds created by NoeAL's? I see the envelope @ the top right corner, but that is email for specific people. How to post a question like you? What button to push to start posting a question here? Thank you.

Judy401

I was also having issues with the lower thirds not working on a fresh install of OBS 30.1 and this plugin on Windows 11. I tried testing other browser sources and found out that none of them worked. That lead me to this brief video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJ4rOj5sMY
TL;DR - the solution is to go to File -> Settings -> Advanced, scroll all the way to the bottom, and then under Sources, make sure the checkbox for Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration is disabled.
2 Questions: 1st: Please guide me on how to post/ask my own question - I only see the option to reply to other people's posts. Where is a button or option to post/ask a question to the general forum? 2nd: My question is I am unable to add Google Fonts to the Animated Lower Thirds created by NoeAL. The font box shows .... or "><, or > This happens despite my having checked the Shut Down Source When Not Visible, & Refresh Browser When Wcene Becomes Active. Thank you.

Judy401

I am unable to add Google Fonts to the Animated Lower Thirds (LT) created by NoeAL. My LT's font box shows .... or "><, or > This happens despite my having checked the Shut Down Source When Not Visible, & Refresh Browser When Scene Becomes Active in OBS settings. Attached is a screenshot of LT's font box highlighted with a red box.

Attachments

• OBS.png
    OBS.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 19