Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Yeah, I agree. So in the end, do you recommend finding the perfect VBV Buffer Size, and just use CBR?

I'd basically recommend this for any encoder capable of bitrate restriction:
  • CBR for Internet Streaming, though VBR works too but you're more likely to be dropped or cause buffering.
  • VBR for In-Home streaming or Peer-To-Peer streaming.
  • CQP/CRF for Recording.
Edit: @SyrupLeaf: Please read the Troubleshooting Guide for help. It is linked in the first post of this thread.

BardiBard

With the latest Adrenalin 2020 update (today) I've noticed a performance decrease on my RX 580 8GB when using your plugin.

These settings here usually left the card at 80-85% encoding usage before, and now they sometimes push it to 99%:
(this is with OBS in admin mode, latest OBS Version)
666666.png

Xaymar

With the latest Adrenalin 2020 update (today) I've noticed a performance decrease on my RX 580 8GB when using your plugin.

These settings here usually left the card at 80-85% encoding usage before, and now they sometimes push it to 99%:
(this is with OBS in admin mode, latest OBS Version)
View attachment 49867

View Mode Master is unsupported, you are on your own. Since the plugin didn't change, you will likely have to contact AMD.

BardiBard

and then ? i see no option to switch over h264/avc to H265
Streaming only allows H264/AVC if you want to use the graphics card and x264 with the CPU.
There is no way to stream with HEVC.
Only by using an nVidia card you can stream with NVENC.
Why HEVC isn't supported to stream with and by streaming sites I have no idea.

Recording allows H264/AVC, H265/HEVC and x264.

obs.png

BardiBard

Just wondering, does it help to improve performane on AVC or HEVC if you change from "graphics" to "compute" in the Radeon Settings? (if recording/streaming if done on a second GPU)

yojimbokoun

Anyone know if AMD have the two-passing encoder or anything like that? I want to use my secondary GPU as the Encoder, but I can't find that anywhere in my OBS. Thanks in advance

reggiegulle

Hi all,
just wondering if anyone can suggest what I can do to restore the AMD Encoder on the Encoder settings dropdown menu. Right now, my choices are only these two:
1584886098621.png

a bit more info:
I just updated my OBS to version 25.0.1 a few hours ago
1584886161250.png

previously, I was using either version 23.2.1 or maybe a bit higher — I might have updated it before I eventually updated to the present 25.0.1.

thing is, the AMD encoder was included in my Encoder options before I updated to 25.0.1, so it seems unlikely that it is a graphics driver issue.

I use a Lenovo laptop and my graphics card details are below:
1584886472648.png

1584886500479.png

The AMD Encoder is very useful for me because it has minimal CPU utilization for my laptop (ideapad 320 — not very powerful, I admit). What I did as a workaround was to run the Auto-Configuration Wizard, so right now I'm able to record (I don't stream) adequately, but still, it would truly be more amazing if I could use the AMD Encoder.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that the plugin files are just sitting right here in my OBS plugins folder but gosh darn it why can't this new update of OBS see the thing? Do I have to uninstall OBS and just start fresh and install the new version from scratch (I updated using the update manager, so I didn't need to uninstall anything)?
1584887034929.png

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1584886958266.png
    1584886958266.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 1584886981273.png
    1584886981273.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 1584886998046.png
    1584886998046.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 183

rockbottom

The plug-in more than likely needs to be updated & 25 may not be supported yet. Xaymar posted in his StreamFX plug-in thread not to install 25 until he had a chance to update that plug-in (the update was posted yesterday) I'd uninstall 25 for now & re-install the version of OBS I was previously using, then just wait for confirmation that the current version will work or it's been updated to work.

reggiegulle

The plug-in more than likely needs to be updated & 25 may not be supported yet. Xaymar posted in his StreamFX plug-in thread not to install 25 until he had a chance to update that plug-in (the update was posted yesterday) I'd uninstall 25 for now & re-install the version of OBS I was previously using, then just wait for confirmation that the current version will work or it's been updated to work.

yup, you're spot-on accurate. I decided to follow your suggestion and now the AMD Encoder is back. Guess I'll just have to do my homework on the plug-in update moving on from here. Thanks a lot!

Kyonad

Already download it and install it but still, there is no AMD hardware encoder in my obs.

Anyway that's my current log

Attachments

• 2020-04-17 12-19-09.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 520

rodrigonate

Hello good night, I call Rodrigo and I have a life with OBS I have an AMD Radeon HD 230 - 2GB video card And I'm not able to put it in the '' encoder '' only appears to use the option x264 (CPU) Please can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.