Status
Not open for further replies.

leporel

> 1.3.0pre1
I do not know this is actually information or not, i tested this version and problem with Twitch & hardware acceleration in chrome and GCN 1.0 still exist (video) (screenshot)
VBR 3100-3600 @Quality @High QP:18-51 SkipFrame:On

ball2hi

@Xaymar
Couple of questions here using the new version. Note, I uninstalled OBS Studio and the plugin and reinstalled everything from scratch to avoid any issues.

1.): Is there suppose to be less options in the H264 Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework) because there is hardly any options compared to the previous version you released. Less confusing so I think it's better, but just want to confirm.

Is this normal - I am on windows 7.
vQigO2r.jpg

2.): Can you please point me in the proper direction to find out what Enable Frame Skipping is? Does it help with performance? Quality? If you could share some knowledge on this I'd appreciate it.

EDIT): It seems that the "simple" version seems to be ignoring any and all parameters(?). My stream was running 4,000 - 5,000 bitrate even though I set it to 2,500 (in the picture). I had to set the buffer size to 2,000 to get where I wanted. Furthermore, my local encoder is ignoring CQP. I have it set to 20, but it seems to still be outputting 4,000 - 5,000 bitrate.

EDIT2): Solved the local encoder by setting the CQP to something much higher than I expected. Currently using "30" and it gives me good quality/low bitrate.

Last edited:

leporel

1.): Is there suppose to be less options in the H264 Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework) because there is hardly any options compared to the previous version you released. Less confusing so I think it's better, but just want to confirm.
Changed: Advanced Encoder is temporarily unavailable.

2.): Can you please point me in the proper direction to find out what Enable Frame Skipping is? Does it help with performance? Quality? If you could share some knowledge on this I'd appreciate it.
https://github.com/Xaymar/OBS-AMD-Media-Framework/wiki/Configuration
Weether or not to skip frames if the encoder can't keep up.

zapoqx

I would like to not try to restart my OBS from scratch when trying this newer version and seeing as someone said they restarted their OBS from scratch to test it and it seemingly works, perhaps I'm missing something on my end.

If I don't have 1.3 installed, I can launch OBS Studio no problems. If I launch it WITH the 1.3 installed, I error up before I get into OBS Studio. I am starting to question if its because of the driver version of AMD I am using or if its something else as I check the log and it seems to stop at loading the dll file, as said here:
Code:
11:53:33.768: [CoreAudio encoder]: CoreAudio AAC encoder not installed on the system or couldn't be loaded
11:53:33.770: [AMF Encoder] Version 1.3.0pre1-1.3.0.5
11:53:33.770: [AMF Encoder] <Plugin::AMD::AMF::AMF> Initializing...
11:53:33.770: [AMF Encoder] <Plugin::AMD::AMF::AMF> Loading of 'L"amfrt64.dll"' failed with error code 126.

My AMD Driver is 16.6.2 (Hearing problems with the newer versions gave me some concerns).
Radeon R7 260X

Do I NEED to have 16.7.1+ to run 1.3? Or is it possible the "AAC" failure is its having a hard time with the audio portion of the vid card method (since I use Voicemeeter Banana for the sound to have better management of audio)

Xaymar

> 1.3.0pre1
I do not know this is actually information or not, i tested this version and problem with Twitch & hardware acceleration in chrome and GCN 1.0 still exist (video) (screenshot)
VBR 3100-3600 @Quality @High QP:18-51 SkipFrame:On

This seems to be due to the fact that older cards need H264 Profile Level 4.1, which is normally the only thing twitch accepts. I'll have to add a profile level switch to the simple encoder.

Is this normal - I am on windows 7.

Yes this is normal for now. The advanced Encoder will return once it's ready.

Take a look at the wiki, it lists what each option does.

EDIT): It seems that the "simple" version seems to be ignoring any and all parameters(?). My stream was running 4,000 - 5,000 bitrate even though I set it to 2,500 (in the picture). I had to set the buffer size to 2,000 to get where I wanted. Furthermore, my local encoder is ignoring CQP. I have it set to 20, but it seems to still be outputting 4,000 - 5,000 bitrate.

Multiple people have reported this, the exact cause is unknown yet.

EDIT2): Solved the local encoder by setting the CQP to something much higher than I expected. Currently using "30" and it gives me good quality/low bitrate.
See above.

I would like to not try to restart my OBS from scratch when trying this newer version and seeing as someone said they restarted their OBS from scratch to test it and it seemingly works, perhaps I'm missing something on my end.

If I don't have 1.3 installed, I can launch OBS Studio no problems. If I launch it WITH the 1.3 installed, I error up before I get into OBS Studio. I am starting to question if its because of the driver version of AMD I am using or if its something else as I check the log and it seems to stop at loading the dll file, as said here:
Code:
11:53:33.768: [CoreAudio encoder]: CoreAudio AAC encoder not installed on the system or couldn't be loaded
11:53:33.770: [AMF Encoder] Version 1.3.0pre1-1.3.0.5
11:53:33.770: [AMF Encoder] <Plugin::AMD::AMF::AMF> Initializing...
11:53:33.770: [AMF Encoder] <Plugin::AMD::AMF::AMF> Loading of 'L"amfrt64.dll"' failed with error code 126.

My AMD Driver is 16.6.2 (Hearing problems with the newer versions gave me some concerns).
Radeon R7 260X

Do I NEED to have 16.7.1+ to run 1.3? Or is it possible the "AAC" failure is its having a hard time with the audio portion of the vid card method (since I use Voicemeeter Banana for the sound to have better management of audio)

Yes you need 16.7.3 or newer to run it, there is no way around it with the new SDK. You are the reason why I always have to ask for driver version. I understand being 1 or 2 versions behind, but 16.6.2 is ancient in terms of internet age.

zapoqx

This seems to be due to the fact that older cards need H264 Profile Level 4.1, which is normally the only thing twitch accepts. I'll have to add a profile level switch to the simple encoder.

Yes this is normal for now. The advanced Encoder will return once it's ready.

Take a look at the wiki, it lists what each option does.

Multiple people have reported this, the exact cause is unknown yet.

See above.

Yes you need 16.7.3 or newer to run it, there is no way around it with the new SDK. You are the reason why I always have to ask for driver version. I understand being 1 or 2 versions behind, but 16.6.2 is ancient in terms of internet age.
Ya, I know. But the ones that I had issues with that I learned about were things like flickering in DiRT Rally or sudden FPS loss in games that worked fine before, or the game crash in Overwatch with the newest version or even the chromium crashes from videos, you kinda try to wait it out until they release one that doesn't have said issues and usually I try to clean install the drivers to be sure. But also, when an issue happens that doesn't exist prior when using something like this, mentioning Driver is important which is why I needed to point that out :)

I had no idea about the newer SDK until today.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated VCE-based Encoder (AMD Media Framework) with a new update entry:

1.3.0pre3 - The AMF SDK Path

• Added: Preset selection (Simple Interface).
  • Added: Profile Level selection (Simple Interface).
  • Added: Further capability logging to startup.
  • Fixed: SetRateControlSkipFrameEnabled (Option: Frame Skipping) will no longer override the Rate Control Method.
  • Fixed: Fixes for the threading model, higher framerates/resolutions should now be possible.
  • Fixed: Advanced Interface is available again.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

ball2hi

@Xaymar
[*]Fixed: Fixes for the threading model, higher framerates/resolutions should now be possible.
Wait, so let me get this straight. You are giving us more power?! :)

By the way, is there any ways to further optimize the code for using dual encoding? As it stands right now it's pretty good and I notice very little performance loss, but just wondering if that's something you could look into. Essentially I use both stream and recording (separate resolutions/quality) using both H264 on speed.

Last edited:
1.30pre working pretty well, Streaming to twitch with cbr is working well as long as I don't drop Max QP below 45.
Playback in chrome doesn't work at all with HW acceleration on. Does not effect firefox or waterfox.

obsCapture_zps3udzkxwd.png

Anvie

I've noticed a bug that after using the plugin to either record or stream and closing obs, in the processes there is still a obs64.exe running. This does not happen when I record or stream using the encoders that come with obs studio. I end up just ending the processes manually through the task manager to fix it.\

EDIT: Also, sometimes when I'm tweaking settings, obs will freeze and I'll have to close it through task manager.

Last edited:

Xaymar

@Xaymar

Wait, so let me get this straight. You are giving us more power?! :)

By the way, is there any ways to further optimize the code for using dual encoding? As it stands right now it's pretty good and I notice very little performance loss, but just wondering if that's something you could look into. Essentially I use both stream and recording (separate resolutions/quality) using both H264 on speed.

In order to further increase performance, it would need @Jim to expose the DirectX11 and OpenGL stuff to the plugin while simultaneously skipping the software conversion part. Might see this happen in the future.

1.30pre working pretty well, Streaming to twitch with cbr is working well as long as I don't drop Max QP below 45.
Playback in chrome doesn't work at all with HW acceleration on. Does not effect firefox or waterfox.

obsCapture_zps3udzkxwd.png
No result, tried 4.1, 4, 3.2

Seems like a bug in Chrome then. Make sure to report it to chrome instead of me because I can't really fix chrome. I have not seen it happen myself though, so there is that too - could be a bug in the driver for all i know.

I've noticed a bug that after using the plugin to either record or stream and closing obs, in the processes there is still a obs64.exe running. This does not happen when I record or stream using the encoders that come with obs studio. I end up just ending the processes manually through the task manager to fix it.\

EDIT: Also, sometimes when I'm tweaking settings, obs will freeze and I'll have to close it through task manager.

That happens when the encoder gets stuck. @Jim made it so that obs waits for the next keyframe instead of terminating right now. Unfortunate, but nothing I can do anything about.

leporel

Seems like a bug in Chrome then. Make sure to report it to chrome instead of me because I can't really fix chrome. I have not seen it happen myself though, so there is that too - could be a bug in the driver for all i know.
but jackun's fork Classic OBS works normaly

.eJwNyEsSwiAMANC7cABi-Bl7G6RI6xTDkLhyvHv7lu9nvvMwi9lUhywA6y6F52pFeeZWbWNuR81jF1u4Q1bNZev1owKIN4qRvA-UUkT_cOCQYgpIweGVnu4OCj8l95d9j2b-JwVkIqk.gTD91_nje41mN8Mxj3ETCcecC5Q.jpg

Last edited:

Xaymar

but jackun's fork Classic OBS works normaly

Still, I can't fix what doesn't happen for me. I have yet to see any reproduction steps that work on any generation of VCE enabled devices. Upgrade your drivers, update your chrome or figure out reproduction steps that work for me too, so I can actually fix it.

Edit: Hell, I don't even know if it happens with the flash player frontend or the html5 player frontend.

leporel

maybe it will be helpful

chrome://gpu
.eJwNycsNhCAQANBeKIDhD9oNQYJGZQgzxsNme9991_cRz7zEKnbmQSvAdlDBuUlinLlV2RDbVfM4SBa8ITPnst-1M4HWKnmfrHUpBK_tYsDoFI1y3rkYw_9VgqefHd8uR2_i-wMGmCLV.VQwhWEKrMZ-_9FYMdlOKuQBItC4.png

but if I disable Adobe Flash Player in chrome://plugins/
.eJwFwVsOhCAMAMC7cADKQ6B6G4IEjUoJrdmPzd59Z77qnbfa1CEyeAPYTy40d81CM7eqG1G7ax4n60IPZJFcjqd2YbDWYAjo_YIxButXB85icuhNSphC9Mas8Par06fr0Zv6_QEH-iLl.4ZUwt9vPwihWHeQ2EWitgbC60d4.png

Then the artifacts disappear, but the video stucks after 5 seconds playback starts, playback still go but video stopped
Other video which streamed via media foundation still work normal with disabled Flash Player

Last edited:

Xaymar

but if I disable Adobe Flash Player in chrome://plugins/

Then the artifacts disappear, but the video stucks after 5 seconds playback starts, playback still go but video stopped
Other video which streamed via media foundation still work normal with disabled Flash Player

Edit: Ignore the previous message, I wrote the answers into the wrong windows. I think the bug is in AMF SDK though, cause like I said, I need steps to reproduce the issue. All I managed to do so far is have a recording with every frame twice.

Last edited:

Xaymar

Xaymar updated VCE-based Encoder (AMD Media Framework) with a new update entry:

1.3.0pre5 - The AMF SDK Path

• Skipped pre4 due to major issues.
  • Added: Checkbox to enable in depth tracing, to be used when reporting errors and crashes.
  • Changed: Default AMF Trace level is now ERROR instead of TEST.
  • Changed: Profile Level now goes to 6.2 if a GPU ever supports it (matches AMF values).
  • Changed: Simple Interface will calculate the best Buffer Size for your stream based on your settings.
  • Changed: Simple Interface will automatically set B-Pictures Pattern to 0 for best Quality.
  • Updated: Languages en-US, vi-VI and es-ES have been updated.
  • Fixed: Max LTR Frames slider only goes up to 2.
  • Fixed: Log Spam due to getting stuck on AMF_REPEAT or AMF_INPUT_FULL.
  • Fixed: Crash in SetProfile and GetProfile internal functions.
  • Fixed: Crash when clicking Update Values from AMF.
  • Fixed: Crash when clicking Apply in Advanced Interface.
  • Fixed: Constant QP will now apply the correct values.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

DetonicsK

If I am streaming high dynamic game..It will show a lot noise(lattice / grid / Pixels? I don't know how to call it)... How can i fix it?

You can see that here in H1Z1
https://www.twitch.tv/sohw1002/v/86326798

And this CSGO will more obvious
https://www.twitch.tv/sohw1002/v/86325471

When i am standing..the quality look good..but when i am moving..that "noise" will show up
How can i fix it?

My settings here
AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
i5-3450 @3.10GHz
WIN 10 PRO

when my quality preset is Quality , Profile Using High and Level 5.2
it will cut my stream in 1 minute and Crash the start/stop streaming button in obs studio
so i using preset Twitch... (1080p 60fps)

0101.png

Sorry for my bad English

Last edited:

Xaymar

If I am streaming high dynamic game..It will show a lot noise... How can i fix it?

You can see that here in H1Z1
https://www.twitch.tv/sohw1002/v/86326798

And this CSGO will more obvious
https://www.twitch.tv/sohw1002/v/86325471

When i am standing..the quality look good..but when i am moving..that "noise" will show up
How can i fix it?

My settings here
AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
i5-3450 @3.10GHz
WIN 10 PRO

when my quality preset is Quality , Profile Using High and Level 5.2
it will cut my stream and Crash the start streaming button in obs studio
so i using preset Twitch... (1080p 60fps)

From what I can see it's due to too low bitrate. You can try experimenting with Constant QP (start with I-/P-/B-Frame QP at 41 and figure out how to get a bitrate that works. Until we get HEVC or Two Pass encoding, there is not much that can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.