Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Thanks, also my gpu is not showing up in the amf encoder only my amd cpu is i have a amd gpu and cpu my gpu is a amd r5 m330 and my cpu is a amd radeon a6-7310 apu with radeon r4 graphics

Without a log file I can't say much here. In case of a laptop, you might have some power saving options in the driver that disable the dedicated GPU, resulting in OBS Studio not being able to see it.

Xaymar

Here Is The Latest Log:

Code:
19:34:11.186: Initializing OpenGL...
19:34:12.051: OpenGL version: 4.5.13491 Compatibility Profile Context 22.19.662.4
19:34:12.051: Warning: The OpenGL renderer is currently in use.  On windows, the OpenGL renderer can decrease capture performance due to the lack of specific features used to maximize capture performance.  The Direct3D 11 renderer is recommended instead.

Turn off OpenGL.

As for the rest of the log, I'll need one where you started OBS with the parameters: --verbose --unfiltered_log . You can just append them to the OBS Shortcut in your start menu, or copy the shortcut and change that one instead.

Code:
19:34:11.186: Initializing OpenGL...
19:34:12.051: OpenGL version: 4.5.13491 Compatibility Profile Context 22.19.662.4
19:34:12.051: Warning: The OpenGL renderer is currently in use.  On windows, the OpenGL renderer can decrease capture performance due to the lack of specific features used to maximize capture performance.  The Direct3D 11 renderer is recommended instead.

Turn off OpenGL.

As for the rest of the log, I'll need one where you started OBS with the parameters: --verbose --unfiltered_log . You can just append them to the OBS Shortcut in your start menu, or copy the shortcut and change that one instead.

I Opened OBS With The parameters, log is attached

Attachments

• 2017-11-01 20-27-43.txt
    33.2 KB · Views: 45

Attachments

• 2017-11-02 21-12-27.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Crash 2017-11-02 21-12-33.txt
    61 KB · Views: 29
Hi Xaymar I wanted to thank you for working hard on this. Specially with keeping up on updates as things change in drivers and such. I was just wondering. I know there was an OBS Studio update "OBS Studio 20.1.1: Fixed the AMD encoder not working with the AMD ReLive 17.10+ drivers" and it all installed fine, then I made sure I was absolutely using the most recent release you had for VCE. My R9 380 (VCE 3.0) works on NV12 and RGB color space. But my R9 390 (VCE 2.0) will only record in NV12, if I try and use RGB, or any other color space it will just screen flicker, state it is recording, but not record anything and I have to use task manager to close out OBS studio. Is this a known issue, and if so is there a work around?

Hey, @Xaymar i installed drivers for my amd apu and gpu but obs still wont open the amd driver installer appears to install drivers for both my apu and gpu but the installer said it would only install the display driver and the hdmi audio driver, it only shows those two drivers are avalible to install, should i do a clean install or do you have any suggestions, logs are attached

Attachments

• Crash 2017-11-10 12-25-41.txt
    68.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2017-11-10 12-25-27.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 29

Xaymar

Hey, @Xaymar i installed drivers for my amd apu and gpu but obs still wont open the amd driver installer appears to install drivers for both my apu and gpu but the installer said it would only install the display driver and the hdmi audio driver, it only shows those two drivers are avalible to install, should i do a clean install or do you have any suggestions, logs are attached

Clean Install might help, but make sure to install the drivers from AMD.

aquamacho

Hello Xaymar.
Sorry if someone is asked this already, but how exactly multi gpu recording\streaming works?
I think that i might be wrong (as always :D) but im assuming that main Gpu in slot_0 will be working on rendering the game with main monitor connected to it, and gpu in the slot_1 will be recording with the second monitor connected to it, right?
So if yes, the questions my are:
Do i need same exact Gpu's (two 7770 for example) with the same VCE versions? Or it can be different second Gpu perhabs with better VCE version?
Can GCN 1.0 even do it?
Do i need the CrossFireX bridge connecting GPU's?
Will it make a performance better?
Thx.

Xaymar

Sorry if someone is asked this already, but how exactly multi gpu recording\streaming works?
It's actually really simple, since OBS always downloads the encoded frame into RAM. All the plugin does is selecting the proper GPU to uploading this frame to, and then calls the appropriate encode functionality. From there on it goes back to RAM and then to OBS outputs (recording, streaming).

I think that i might be wrong (as always :D) but im assuming that main Gpu in slot_0 will be working on rendering the game with main monitor connected to it, and gpu in the slot_1 will be recording with the second monitor connected to it, right?
If you only have DirectX 9 available, then this is the setup you need, as DirectX 9 can only see GPUs with an active monitor on it. Otherwise you can have both monitors on the primary GPU.

Do i need same exact Gpu's (two 7770 for example) with the same VCE versions?
No, this is only if you want to do Crossfire.

Or it can be different second Gpu perhabs with better VCE version?
Yes. It's actually recommended to always use the best available VCE generation card that you have (VCE4 > VCE3 > VCE2 > VCE1).

Can GCN 1.0 even do it?
Any VCE enabled card can do multi-gpu encoding.

Do i need the CrossFireX bridge connecting GPU's?
No.

Will it make a performance better?
Possibly. Largely depends on if your main GPU is starved for PCI-E bandwidth or if you want to encode multiple things side by side.

Xaymar

Status
Not open for further replies.