Always no Audio after Internet lost Connection

Filgaja

Hi There,

First of all: I know random disconnects can happen due to my internet Provider and in the last time it happy fairly often.
Thats not a big deal since i COULD reconnect but... when the connection is back, the audio is missing totaly.
This happens since the release where you can enter a VOD line (i allready stumbled over this problem around 10 times)

To Get rid of this Bug ihave to restart the stream (not during the 30 seconds twitch disconnect stream)

Today i tried to restart OBS streight after my connection came back. There was still the colorfull Disconnect Screen on Twitch.
So then everyone saw me again but wasent able to hear any audio line. No Voice, No Gamesound nothing.
And this is always happenning when i get a disconnect and reconnect.

------------------------

(Sorry the Log file got so big- I activated advanced log for the Socket to search for another error with Touch Portal)
Here is my log untill the Disconnect happen:

Then i terminated OBS and started it quickly again and so twitch got the connection back.

Then my Community Notices there is no sound and i stopped obs by "stream stop" so there would be no disconnect Video on Twitch.

After then i restarted normal and it worked again:

------------------------

I guess there is some problems on Twitch side when reconnecting. Maybe because of the VOD Line theyr developer did somethin wrong wir reconnection audio as well.

Maybe you OBS Developer who got in touch for the VOD line can figure it out or maybe reach out to Twitch again to check this behaviour.

PRAWLN

I'm having the same issue aswell.

If Obs disconnects, then on reconnect there is no audio what so ever.

I have to go into task manager to end task OBS, then quickly reopen OBS and start stream again

Filgaja

@PRAWLN
This Problem still exist for me.
Best example was last wednesday. my Sister was Streaming and got disconected around 8 Times the during a stream of 4 hours.
After every Disconnect she had to restart the stream by stop OBS and start the stream again.
She even had not to restart OBS just the stream.

I cant believe this Problem isnt existing because i got NO replay of anyone here from OBS staff.
Maybe most of the user do not have the reconnection settings enabled in twitch?
Maybe most of user do not use the VOD audio line?

I dont know :( But this is realy drives me crazy, because you lose a lot of lurker because of this disconnects.

For whats reason there is a reconnect screen function, if the audio is gone after a sucessfull reconnect within time limit of the reconnection screen.

Hopefully someone can figure it out.

If the Log is to big to watch please some devs pls replay and i will create a new one without debug of websocket.Then i will force a disconnect by disable and re-enable my internet adapter.

Thank you

Shawn Anderson

Been going through this exact issue with no avail on how to fix the issue. Hoping this will help provide an answer

I've tried:

- Muting and un-muting through OBS and volume mixer
- changing mic and monitoring devices and back again
- checking and unchecking "allow software to take control" under sound settings
- checked for driver updates
- unplugged goxlr setup
- run a recording to check that audio is working

Everything works on the OBS side of things, but no audio seems to go through. The only fix, which isn't really, is to end the stream and restart OBS for it to work.

I find it happens more often on the long disconnects of around a minute, whereas a 10 second drop it may restore properly.

Tomasz Góral

Maybe use som backup connection like bonding.
For my stream i use bonding with 4 LTE modem plus 1 WAN connection (if exists, because i work outside) .

angvil

What do you mean a backup connection? I'm facing the exact same problem and simply stopping stream then starting again after losing audio fixes it but its annoying to have to do that midgame! I also lose chat i have to refresh chat page to see it again

angvil

Did you manage to fix it?
@PRAWLN
This Problem still exist for me.
Best example was last wednesday. my Sister was Streaming and got disconected around 8 Times the during a stream of 4 hours.
After every Disconnect she had to restart the stream by stop OBS and start the stream again.
She even had not to restart OBS just the stream.

I cant believe this Problem isnt existing because i got NO replay of anyone here from OBS staff.
Maybe most of the user do not have the reconnection settings enabled in twitch?
Maybe most of user do not use the VOD audio line?

I dont know :( But this is realy drives me crazy, because you lose a lot of lurker because of this disconnects.

For whats reason there is a reconnect screen function, if the audio is gone after a sucessfull reconnect within time limit of the reconnection screen.

Hopefully someone can figure it out.

If the Log is to big to watch please some devs pls replay and i will create a new one without debug of websocket.Then i will force a disconnect by disable and re-enable my internet adapter.

Thank you

angvil

Okay, for anyone that finds this post. I managed to temporarily fix this issue by going to OBS>SETTINGS>OUTPUT>STREAMING> and disabling the "Twitch VOD Track" and just started playing non-DMCA'd songs

Filgaja

Disabling VOD is no option for me and acording to other posts in here and it shows me where the problem accures.

When i get a disconnect and then it reconnect after severl seconds ( when it just disconnect for 1-2 seconds it dosnt happen always )
Then it seems the normal stream audio line dosnt reconnect to twitch.
Can any of the OBS devshave a look into it? Because it is really a pain to stop obs and restart after you allready got disconnected.

Or at leastpls let us know you are having an eye on it. Or if you need new logs withouth the sockets, please let me know.

With kind regards,
Filgaja

satont

Same here. Any chance it will be fixed? Won't disable Twitch VOD. Maybe we need contact twitch suppurt instead of OBS?

Send0o

I have exactly the same problem and it's pretty annoying that there's no workaround to it yet

Filgaja

I Do not understand why is noone taking notice of that?
Is there a way to realy report a bug? because it is not a unknowen bug and i can prove it.
It is totaly reproducable

I wish i could write with someone who is willing to look into this bug.

I would give the exact same settings of my OBS

Dizis

Same problem here...

I even have the Twitch VOD setting disabled and each time the stream comes back online after the Disconnect Protection screen there is absolutely no audio despite volume mixer picking everything up just fine and the video side of things working as intended.

Send0o

Is there no way to contact with someone from the OBS Studio team directly? Bumping this thread so the bug gets noticed

angvil

To everyone still facing this problem, I managed to fix it by going to settings > advanced > Network then just simply enabling below two options
Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion (Beta) <-- Enable it
Enable network optimizations <-- Enable it

This workaround fixed the issue for me for now been without any hiccups past few streams

Filgaja

@angvil This fix trys to fixes hiccups but not the problem with the audio after you get disconnected.
If your internet gets disconnected this will not solve the problem. I never have hiccups due to obs.

The Problem will still be exist.

@dodgepong <- Sry to ping you, but this problemseams to be realy a bug according to other reports in this thread.
Is there a way tu submit a bugreport? or write with someone responsible?

If the Log Files are to heavy to check for this, just tell me pls andi will reproduce the bug with a new logfile.

Dzikawa

Happens to me every time there is a short disconnect followed by reconnection. I have to complete relaunch the stream for audio to get fixed. Usually there is completely no audio but I had times when there was audio but it was super choppy to the point you can't understand the words and the background music is chopped too.

Filgaja

Still happens to me.It seems noone cares because there just a small amount of user using the vod audio line? And a even smaller percent of this user have disconnects ^^ ?
I dont know :(

In germany our internet is realy bad...
i pay 45€ for 170k downstream and 40kupstream.
And they have several weeks in the year where they keep disconnecting multiple times a week.

I already changed my providertwo times - every provider here suffers from the same problems.

7 Month now. But yeah i guess we have to deal with it for a longer time. As soon i get a disconnect, i allready click on "end stream"

Hope someday it will be fixed

Last edited:

Send0o

Does anyone know if the problem still occurs? I deactivated the disconnect protection setting on Twitch a while ago since this bug, so I can't say if there was any progress in this. I kinda doubt it was fixed, but you never know.