Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Warmuptill

...Are you seriously telling me that I just lost all of my macros after updating??? Were they not automatically saved anywhere???
The settings are saved as part of the scene collection.
I assume what happened is that you updated to OBS 28, the plugin failed to load, and you closed OBS, causing OBS to overwrite the scene collection data without any data of the advanced scene switcher.

If you have backed up your scene collection data or exported your settings to a file previously you can use those files to restore the settings.

videored

Thanks! I found an older scene collection backup and indeed it had my macros! It's an older version but you just saved me TONS of debugging and work! Now to remember what I've changed since then.

AaronD

Thanks! I found an older scene collection backup and indeed it had my macros! It's an older version but you just saved me TONS of debugging and work! Now to remember what I've changed since then.
As a general rule when updating anything, the old version doesn't have a chance to do anything, or even know that it's being replaced. Everything depends on how the new version installs itself. It's certainly possible in general, for the new version to load/convert the old settings as part of the installation, but with a structure like we have here (and Warmuptill described wonderfully), that's almost impossible.

So it's on you to back up everything *immediately before* updating, as just a matter of course, so that you have that backup immediately afterwards when you find out you need it. Imagine if this had been a new operating system install...

I don't always do that either, but this seems like one of the more major ones.

Lawrence_SoCal

The settings are saved as part of the scene collection.
I assume what happened is that you updated to OBS 28, the plugin failed to load, and you closed OBS, causing OBS to overwrite the scene collection data without any data of the advanced scene switcher.

If you have backed up your scene collection data or exported your settings to a file previously you can use those files to restore the settings.
I recommend posting a recommended upgrade path document. And as a settings loss is a possibility as you just wrote, I'd recommend updating your new release post with a couple of notes/suggestions
- like export AdvSS settings before upgrading OBS,
and then sequence. which if I follow correctly is
- Update OBS to v28, immediately update AdvSS to OBS v28 support version (1.18.0)
* closing OBS v28 before updating AdvSS may cause settings loss

Right? or something like that
Then again, would the following make sense/be appropriate
- Exit OBS completley
- updating AdvSS first , along with other plugins to v28 compatible versions
- the downloading direct from this site the OBS v28 installer (ie do NOT initiate upgrade from within running OBS) and upgrade OBS
OR
- Exit OBS completley
- the downloading direct from this site the OBS v28 installer (ie do NOT initiate upgrade from within running OBS) and upgrade OBS. Do NOT start OBS
- updating AdvSS, along with other plugins, to v28 compatible versions
- then starting OBS v28?

granted you can't speak for other plugins. But for AdvSS, @Warmuptill which upgrade process do you recommend?

videored

As a general rule when updating anything, the old version doesn't have a chance to do anything, or even know that it's being replaced. Everything depends on how the new version installs itself. It's certainly possible in general, for the new version to load/convert the old settings as part of the installation, but with a structure like we have here (and Warmuptill described wonderfully), that's almost impossible.

So it's on you to back up everything *immediately before* updating, as just a matter of course, so that you have that backup immediately afterwards when you find out you need it. Imagine if this had been a new operating system install...

I don't always do that either, but this seems like one of the more major ones.

It just caught me off-guard. I didn't expect the plugin moving to OBS 28 to just outright no longer have all of my macros (Be it due to the plugin itself or beacause of OBS 28's stuff after not reading the old plugins well). Luckily the solution given to me earlier worked well, that old backout was only missing a few extra tweaks.

Now I'm keeping a backup of the current version of my macros, I accidentally deleted a week old one during some cleaning up. Honestly? I didn't even know that OBS 28 was such a big upgrade when I got it and installed it, I totally missed the news of how big of an upgrade it was so I didn't even know that it was going to outright ignore all of my plugins, should've researched better first.

Warmuptill

I can only find debian binaries - is there a way to get generic linux binaries?
Sorry - seems like I need to slightly adjust the build script.
I will make sure to adjust it in future.

I have added the "advanced-scene-switcher-1.0.0-linux-x86_64.zip" archive from https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/actions/runs/2974694475 manually to the release for now.

The folder structure also changed slightly - I will revert it to the old format in a future release.

Warmuptill

I recommend posting a recommended upgrade path document. And as a settings loss is a possibility as you just wrote, I'd recommend updating your new release post with a couple of notes/suggestions
- like export AdvSS settings before upgrading OBS,
and then sequence. which if I follow correctly is
- Update OBS to v28, immediately update AdvSS to OBS v28 support version (1.18.0)
* closing OBS v28 before updating AdvSS may cause settings loss

Right? or something like that
Then again, would the following make sense/be appropriate
- Exit OBS completley
- updating AdvSS first , along with other plugins to v28 compatible versions
- the downloading direct from this site the OBS v28 installer (ie do NOT initiate upgrade from within running OBS) and upgrade OBS
OR
- Exit OBS completley
- the downloading direct from this site the OBS v28 installer (ie do NOT initiate upgrade from within running OBS) and upgrade OBS. Do NOT start OBS
- updating AdvSS, along with other plugins, to v28 compatible versions
- then starting OBS v28?

granted you can't speak for other plugins. But for AdvSS, @Warmuptill which upgrade process do you recommend?
Generally speaking, a problem can arise if OBS is updated to version 28 and a plugin is not also updated, which is reliant on QT (so anything with a custom UI) and saves its settings as part of the scene collection.
Once OBS is then started and closed the plugin data saved in the scene collection will be lost.

The suggested approach for the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin in particular would be to simply first export your current settings to a file before migrating to OBS 28.
Then you do not need to worry about the exact sequence and and can simply import the settings once both OBS and the scene switcher are updated.

I added a small note to the update post on OBS and GitHub.
Thanks for the suggestion!

mray

Sorry - seems like I need to slightly adjust the build script.
I will make sure to adjust it in future.

I have added the "advanced-scene-switcher-1.0.0-linux-x86_64.zip" archive from https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/actions/runs/2974694475 manually to the release for now.

The folder structure also changed slightly - I will revert it to the old format in a future release.
Thanks! It looks like the *.deb file inside the zip is redundant, though. Also - do I have to change any folder structure other than extracting? It all seems mixed up a bit.

Warmuptill

Thanks! It looks like the *.deb file inside the zip is redundant, though. Also - do I have to change any folder structure other than extracting? It all seems mixed up a bit.
I have updated the "advanced-scene-switcher-1.0.0-linux-x86_64.zip" once more to reflect the desired folder structure.

TripleJx3

There is a slight issue with the plugin where if i try to turn off a video file/source using a macro the video will play once then it wont ever play again. If i try turning the source back on, neither the video or audio play. removing the macro does not fix it. Restarting OBS does not fix it. The source is permanently broken and must be deleted and remade.

Warmuptill

There is a slight issue with the plugin where if i try to turn off a video file/source using a macro the video will play once then it wont ever play again. If i try turning the source back on, neither the video or audio play. removing the macro does not fix it. Restarting OBS does not fix it. The source is permanently broken and must be deleted and remade.
Can you share the settings your are using that are causing the issue?
If you are using the "Source" action type to globally disable the source I would suggest to instead use the "Scene item visibility" action to only hide the media source on a particular scene.

Nero

Afternoon all, i have the new update on OBS and its saying my plug ins didnt work or something like that. IS there a new advance scene switcher out here that i cant find? Or would someone pls pls tell me how to get this one working.. Im new to this so pls dumb it down the best you can. If there is a new one will you pls link me

Warmuptill

Afternoon all, i have the new update on OBS and its saying my plug ins didnt work or something like that. IS there a new advance scene switcher out here that i cant find? Or would someone pls pls tell me how to get this one working.. Im new to this so pls dumb it down the best you can. If there is a new one will you pls link me
The latest version of the plugin is compatible with OBS 28.
You can download the Windows installer here.

Nero

Thank you very very much. Just got it, I YT how to make it switch my scenes automatically like it used to but this layout is a bit different and I'm having p problems. Would anyone be interested in telling me what to do to make it so my scenes switch auto without a macro? That's how i had it before. I'm a Dj streamer and this is really getting to me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated..

BTW this is what I've done, just so you know what your working with, if anyone decides to help me out
!) I went to General and set my time for 300ms and made sure it was running,
2) I went to scene groups and added all my cams that i made scenes of.
3) Then i went to the left side of the scene group [page and in "type" i put 3s (just so i could see if it was working and didnt have to sit here for 3 min looking at my monitor. then i went to "add scene and put ALL the scens in order that i wold like them to go to.
40 I did the above step for all 4 scenes

Attachments

• advanced scene switcher.png
    advanced scene switcher.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 30
  • part 2.png
    part 2.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 29

Nutri_

Hello!
Pre OBS 28 I used Advanced Scene Switcher for it's sequence functionality.
Was this function removed? Is there a way I can auto-switch to scenes on different time intervals for each scene? (like, scene A to B in 1 min, B to C in 10s, C to D in 2 min etc)

Thanks!

Nutri_

Hello!
Pre OBS 28 I used Advanced Scene Switcher for it's sequence functionality.
Was this function removed? Is there a way I can auto-switch to scenes on different time intervals for each scene? (like, scene A to B in 1 min, B to C in 10s, C to D in 2 min etc)

Thanks!
Nvm I figured it out via Macro's (found a few pages before this one)!!