Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

OP3

Just upgraded to the latest version thinking Macros might give me a certain capability I'm looking for and noticed that all my old scene sequences weren't imported. Luckily I backed them up / screenshot so that's not a big-ish deal but is there any import feature by chance?

Most importantly, I'm looking for some feature that can MOVE a file or a directory of contents or call a bat script at either the start of the scene OR when the scene ends, kinda like how screen switcher already does for sequence, time, etc switches. Currently I execute a bat script manually but would like to automate this based on when I hotkey to a couple of different scenes.
Thanks!

AaronD

Just upgraded to the latest version thinking Macros might give me a certain capability I'm looking for and noticed that all my old scene sequences weren't imported. Luckily I backed them up / screenshot so that's not a big-ish deal but is there any import feature by chance?

Most importantly, I'm looking for some feature that can MOVE a file or a directory of contents or call a bat script at either the start of the scene OR when the scene ends, kinda like how screen switcher already does for sequence, time, etc switches. Currently I execute a bat script manually but would like to automate this based on when I hotkey to a couple of different scenes.
Thanks!
Might this be what you're looking for?:
1661029631729.png

Reactions: OP3

Warmuptill

Need an update for OBS 28 - Requires special update to work
An OBS 28 build is available here:
Note that you have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it.

Warning ahead of time:
I got a few reports that Windows Defender does not seem to happy about it and seems to flag it as a virus for some reason.
I will still have to look into this.

I've been on working to eliminate Bar Raiders' OBS Tools plugin from my stream deck, as recently, it just does not work for me anymore. After a year of "totally fine" I now have to uninstall and reinstall it *every time* and their two "fixes" didn't fix it, so I started looking for alternative options. (also, even with the uninstall/reinstall, sometimes it'll just stop working after an hour or so...FUN!)

I was already using ASS for a few things - I'm all updated, etc - and found the workaround for a few "Previous Scene" needs that the Elgato OBS update still cannot do...

But - I've toyed around with the macros for a while and don't see a way to just have a triggered "Previous Scene" switch/toggle/hot key. Am I missing it? I have a lot of scenes, between two characters - and being able to just hit a pedal button or stream deck button to fire back between two scenes (without having to flip between the two pages on the stream deck is huge).

I've peeked around the other tabs, but they are a bit intimidating and I've stayed in the Macros tab - looking for ways to achieve this - possibly with the help of a hot key programmed into the OBS settings...

Essentially - looking for a way to macro on my stream deck a way to just fire previous scene, back and forth, dialogue between two people - not tied to the audio, as a voice changing button would also be employed on each scene swap between the two people...

Warmuptill

But - I've toyed around with the macros for a while and don't see a way to just have a triggered "Previous Scene" switch/toggle/hot key. Am I missing it?
Maybe something like this will do the trick:
PreviousScene.PNG

I've peeked around the other tabs, but they are a bit intimidating and I've stayed in the Macros tab
That is a good choice :)
The macro tab can basically do what all the other tabs can do.
I just keep the other tabs for backwards compatibility reasons.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Maybe something like this will do the trick:
View attachment 85770

That is a good choice :)
The macro tab can basically do what all the other tabs can do.
I just keep the other tabs for backwards compatibility reasons.

THanks, just got home - gonna play around with it - I don't think I got down to "Some custom hotkey" with the previous box checked off as "Hotkey" !!!! It looks like this will do it! Exciting!

ralum3803

Thanks for the great plug-in! I've been working to replace a bunch of AutoIt scripts I've been using to automate OBS with the Macros in this plug-in.

One thing I have a question about is whether there's any ability to interrupt or pause a Macro that's running. For example, if I have a macro that switches from Scene A to Scene B, waits 30 seconds, then switches back to Scene A, is there some way to pause or extend the 30 second wait on the fly?

I'm thinking it could be done with a hot key that runs another macro to stop the first macro. Ideally, I think I would want a countdown timer for the wait time in the dock and a button in the dock to pause the timer or pause the scene switcher instead of stopping it entirely.

I'm not trying to be critical here. This looks to be a great alternative to the AutoIt+OBS combination I'm using and will certainly simplify the # of hotkeys that are out of control in my setup and it can start/stop the macros when I start/stop streaming instead of me having to do it manually with AutoIt.

Warmuptill

Thanks for the great plug-in! I've been working to replace a bunch of AutoIt scripts I've been using to automate OBS with the Macros in this plug-in.

One thing I have a question about is whether there's any ability to interrupt or pause a Macro that's running. For example, if I have a macro that switches from Scene A to Scene B, waits 30 seconds, then switches back to Scene A, is there some way to pause or extend the 30 second wait on the fly?

I'm thinking it could be done with a hot key that runs another macro to stop the first macro. Ideally, I think I would want a countdown timer for the wait time in the dock and a button in the dock to pause the timer or pause the scene switcher instead of stopping it entirely.

I'm not trying to be critical here. This looks to be a great alternative to the AutoIt+OBS combination I'm using and will certainly simplify the # of hotkeys that are out of control in my setup and it can start/stop the macros when I start/stop streaming instead of me having to do it manually with AutoIt.
Unfortunately pausing the actions of a macro while they are currently being executed is not supported.
You can however achieve something similar to what you are looking to do using the "Timer" condition type, which can be paused, reset, or set to a fixed value.

First set up the sequence from A to B and B to A using the timer condition instead of the wait action:

SwitchToA.PNG

SwitchToB.PNG

Next set up hotkeys to pause and continue the timer using macros similar to this one:

PauseATimer.PNG

UnpauseATimer.PNG

The hotkeys need to be bound in the OBS settings menu.
You can of course set up the same for the timer to switch to scene B.

Hi OK installed and up and running in OBS 28. Thanks again for this.

Spotted issues:

1. I did lose all my settings but luckily had exported them a while ago. However, after importing them, although I have moved all my ASS operations to Macros, All tabs are still showing. (You can see this in screenshot).

2. Text in the Macro section is too large and unviewable. (I have Windows scaling at 100% btw). Tried using other OBS theme but with same result. (You can also see this in the same screenshot.)

2022-09-01_14-35-54.jpg

Thanks and all the best.

drakejest

Hello i would like to know if its possible to do an http-get request? i have some ptz ipcamera that will respond to commands via http-get url, the response data can be ignored. I was hoping that this plugin can do that? What i want to achieve is that after some triggers i want the camera to move to certain positions

Warmuptill

Hi OK installed and up and running in OBS 28. Thanks again for this.

Spotted issues:

1. I did lose all my settings but luckily had exported them a while ago. However, after importing them, although I have moved all my ASS operations to Macros, All tabs are still showing. (You can see this in screenshot).

2. Text in the Macro section is too large and unviewable. (I have Windows scaling at 100% btw). Tried using other OBS theme but with same result. (You can also see this in the same screenshot.)

View attachment 86016

Thanks and all the best.
Thank you very much for the hint regarding the list spacing!
Looks like there were some style changes made on OBS side that I almost missed.
I will make sure to fix it before the next release.

Hello i would like to know if its possible to do an http-get request? i have some ptz ipcamera that will respond to commands via http-get url, the response data can be ignored. I was hoping that this plugin can do that? What i want to achieve is that after some triggers i want the camera to move to certain positions
A Http action will be part of the release :)

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Advanced Scene Switcher with a new update entry:

OBS 28 support and more

Important note: You will have to use at least OBS 28 to use this version of the plugin!​

Additions:​

• Added support for OBS 28.
    With this also comes support for native Apple Silicon builds.
    Note that the different versions of the plugin for Windows, MacOS, and Linux are now split into separate archives.
    The prebuilt Linux binaries are based on Qt6.
  • Added the "Websocket" condition and action action types.
    This will allow you to trigger...

Read the rest of this update entry...

videored

...Are you seriously telling me that I just lost all of my macros after updating??? Were they not automatically saved anywhere???