Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.2

l1i1l

Can you please try this build mentioned here and report back if that resolves your issue.
You will have to reimport your 1.24.* settings for the automatic conversion of the audio threshold to function.

Thank you!
I can confirm that when migrating from 1.24.2 to the 1.25.2-5 you suggested, there are no problems, the macros works as expected!
(tested on Windows 10)

Is there a way to automate the Source Order relative to the other sources - instead of a set number up or down? The "position" number is tough to read - as switching between two filters, the source seems to move a random number of spots .

Warmuptill

Excellent, thanks this solves the connected midi devices. It works perfectly. I would just like to know if ADSS can launch an alert to notify me if it detects that a midi device configured in the macros is not connected. thanks for your hard work
Ah, right - forgot about that part.
I will try to think of something.

And thanks for the confirmation that the other changes are working!
Was rather tricky to test with virtual devices :D

petjo10

Hi,
I'm trying to use Websocket, but can't get it to work. If I use https://obs-raw.streamer.bot/#StartRecord it works but when I try to run the same script from OBS it doesn't work. Connection is ok but the script does not work.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

1710189504583.png

Lawrence_SoCal

Hi,
I'm trying to use Websocket, but can't get it to work. If I use https://obs-raw.streamer.bot/#StartRecord it works but when I try to run the same script from OBS it doesn't work. Connection is ok but the script does not work.

View attachment 102440
Are you trying to go from AdvSS to OBS Studio on same computer? why use websocket (that is like going out into backyard, across the county line, and back to change rooms in your house). The typical use cases are
1. communicating to OBS Studio on another computer
2. or from an application not otherwise integrated into OBS Studio (which the AdvSS plugin is)
there are some other relatively uncommon scenarios I can think of... but

Are you testing, but eventually want AdvSS on PC#1 to send WebSocket messages to OBS Studio (instance #2.. on same or different PC)?

petjo10

Are you trying to go from AdvSS to OBS Studio on same computer? why use websocket (that is like going out into backyard, across the county line, and back to change rooms in your house). The typical use cases are
1. communicating to OBS Studio on another computer
2. or from an application not otherwise integrated into OBS Studio (which the AdvSS plugin is)
there are some other relatively uncommon scenarios I can think of... but

Are you testing, but eventually want AdvSS on PC#1 to send WebSocket messages to OBS Studio (instance #2.. on same or different PC)?
Thanks for your answer Lawrence..Yes i want to control OBS 2 from OBS 1 on the same computer..i thought Websocket was the easiest way..do you have any other idea how i can do?

AaronD

Hi,

View attachment 102440

I do this:
1710271474025.png

In 2 different macros of course, in different instances of OBS. I just put them together here to show both sides at once.

OBS Master is:
1710271530670.png

If they're on the same machine, then "localhost" works. Otherwise, you need the IP address of the other machine.

In the OBS Master instance:
1710271639618.png

1710271648531.png

The Server Port and Password need to match what you set in Adv. SS. And of course, it has to be Enabled with the top checkbox.

Only one OBS Websocket server is allowed per machine, and it only connects to the first instance that starts and has it enabled. So disable it for all the others so you don't get confused, and connect everything to that one. If you only have two instances, that's easy. If you have more than that, then the Master starts to become a sort of "hub" for the rest, forwarding messages that are not meant for it but have to be routed that way.

---

And instead of controlling OBS directly, I run everything through Adv. SS. So yes, I do have a macro in the Slave instance that watches for a Scene Switcher message and starts recording, and that's all it does. Likewise to stop recording. Much easier that way, even if it's slightly Rube Goldberg.

Warmuptill

Hi,

View attachment 102440
The message shown in your screenshots is missing an OpCode, the "requestId" and the data filed "d".
The adjusted message would look like this:
Code:
{
    "d": {
        "requestData" : {},
        "requestId": "someUniqueIdHere",
        "requestType" : "StartRecord"
    },
    "op": 6
}

If both machines are using the advanced scene switcher plugin you can make your life easier by using the method outlined by @AaronD.

RobertWilliams

I tried to search the forum but unable to get an answer. I want to know if there is a way to do the following conditions in one macro.

(Condition A or Condition B) and (Condition C).

I can probably break up the conditions into multiple macros but wanted to see if there is a way to have the conditions above in just one.

TIA

Warmuptill

Excellent, thanks this solves the connected midi devices. It works perfectly. I would just like to know if ADSS can launch an alert to notify me if it detects that a midi device configured in the macros is not connected. thanks for your hard work
I added the functionality to check which MIDI devices are connected in this build:

You will have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it. Let me know if that should be an issue!
1710328231521.png

It seems to work as expected as far as I can tell although I had trouble testing, if removal of devices works as intended.
I would appreciate if you could give this a try, whenever you find the time to, and report back if it also works with physical MIDI devices.

To display a warning if a device is not connected you could set up macros like this:
1710328526333.png
1710328439634.png

Any plans for Stream desk intergration ? to call on the macros ?
At the moment it is not planned, but I might look into it.

Just for clarification:
The intention is to add some sort of "Stream deck" condition which "does stuff" whenever a button on the stream deck is pressed.
Did I get that right?
Or what did you have in mind?

I tried to search the forum but unable to get an answer. I want to know if there is a way to do the following conditions in one macro.

(Condition A or Condition B) and (Condition C).

I can probably break up the conditions into multiple macros but wanted to see if there is a way to have the conditions above in just one.

TIA
The conditions are checked from the top to the bottom.
So assuming you have the following conditions set up in a given macro ...

1710329364264.png

... they would be translated to (((Scene) or File) and Audio).
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

ottawafro

I added the functionality to check which MIDI devices are connected in this build:

You will have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it. Let me know if that should be an issue!
View attachment 102485

It seems to work as expected as far as I can tell although I had trouble testing, if removal of devices works as intended.
I would appreciate if you could give this a try, whenever you find the time to, and report back if it also works with physical MIDI devices.

To display a warning if a device is not connected you could set up macros like this:
View attachment 102487View attachment 102486

At the moment it is not planned, but I might look into it.

Just for clarification:
The intention is to add some sort of "Stream deck" condition which "does stuff" whenever a button on the stream deck is pressed.
Did I get that right?
Or what did you have in mind?

The conditions are checked from the top to the bottom.
So assuming you have the following conditions set up in a given macro ...

View attachment 102488

... they would be translated to (((Scene) or File) and Audio).
Hope that helps!
Thought having a streamdeck button available to run macros directly would be great to have . Would save on some hotkeys .

Brickgard

When using the Media > Seek to duration macro action, Advanced SS seems to be unable to be more precise than ~5s intervals?
For example, seeking to 60 seconds, 61, 62, 63, and 64 are all landing at 1:01 duration for me, but 56-59s landing at 0:55, and 55s starting the video at 0:52.
Is this intended/known behavior? I suspect this was introduced in OBS 30 if it wasn't present before - I am using 30.0.2 and 1.25.3 AdvSS.