Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.2

AaronD

(The variable will be resolved when the action is added to the queue - unless configured differently in the queue settings)
That's huge! Good idea to do it that way!

I would have made it like "traditional" software, which waits to resolve it until it's actually used, which would NOT work in your example!

Bairespm

Hello,
what are the circumstances in which you are considering using action queues?

Creating them is quite simple.
First create a Queue action or condition and select "add new queue":
View attachment 102363

Now for an example how to use them:

Assume you have configured a macro which shows the user name of new follower you received on Twitch in text source, which looks similar to this macro:

View attachment 102364

This first grabs the Twitch follower user name and puts into the variable "Follower", then modifies the text source settings using this new variable, then shows the source for 5 seconds, and finally hides it again.

This example macro has the problem that no other macro will be run while those "long" waits are performed.

You might think that you can simply enable the option to "Run the macro in parallel to other macros", but this will only help in certain cases.
It works fine, when you only receive a single follower at most every five seconds.
You will run into issues, however, if you receive multiple followers within one 5 second span.

Here the first follower triggers the macro to be run and while it is running the second follower event is received.
As the macro is already running the actions will not be executed.

To resolve this problem you can instead add those actions to a queue and slightly rework the macro / split it into two macros.

First the macro which does the bulk of the "work".
Meaning it modifies the text source's settings and shows it for the specified amount of time:
View attachment 102365
(Note that it does not have any conditions - it will be used to as the collection of actions to add to the queue)

Second a macro which grabs the Twitch follower name and assigns it to the "Follower" variable and then add the previously created macro to the queue.

View attachment 102366
(The variable will be resolved when the action is added to the queue - unless configured differently in the queue settings)

Hope that helps you to understand how and when to use queues!
Feel free to ask more questions!
Perfect, I understand, you are very clear, thank you very much. I just need to understand how to use sizes 1 to 9,
and Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

Bairespm

@Warmuptill Another issue that worries me is that when I turn on the PC and the midi device is disconnected and after it turns on I connect the midi device. advss does not detect it and all my midi configurations are left without working.

How can I create a macro that checks if the configured device is connected, if not, I get an alert.

I can think of something that would be great. Yes, in the midi macros we can associate them with an option that is MIDI 1 or MIDI 2 or MIDI 3, etc...

and these in turn are in the general menu.

so assuming someone has the same error that I have, if it is deconfigured. You won't have to go macro by macro choosing the Right Midi device. since the macros would be associated with device "MIDI 1" for example.

I will try to show in an image what I am trying to explain, which could be a great solution.

1709816298049.png

1709816328115.png

It's just a suggestion, which would help me a lot like this every time the midi device is unconfigured, just by choosing it in the main menu and all my macros would be configured again. thanks for your time

Rozenman

Hi all!
Friends, tell me how to make sure that a link to a YouTube video copied to the clipboard automatically ends up in the url position in the settings browser?
Thanks!

AaronD

@Warmuptill Another issue that worries me is that when I turn on the PC and the midi device is disconnected and after it turns on I connect the midi device. advss does not detect it and all my midi configurations are left without working.

How can I create a macro that checks if the configured device is connected, if not, I get an alert.

I can think of something that would be great. Yes, in the midi macros we can associate them with an option that is MIDI 1 or MIDI 2 or MIDI 3, etc...

so assuming someone has the same error that I have, if it is deconfigured. You won't have to go macro by macro choosing the Right Midi device. since the macros would be associated with device "MIDI 1" for example.

I will try to show in an image what I am trying to explain, which could be a great solution.

View attachment 102372
View attachment 102373

It's just a suggestion, which would help me a lot like this every time the midi device is unconfigured, just by choosing it in the main menu and all my macros would be configured again. thanks for your time
I would move that from the General tab to its own Midi tab, or a combined Resources tab that handles *everything* that the macros use, but are not macros themselves. Kinda like what I was saying earlier. Variables, Websockets, Midi, etc. And keep it always available, to be able to add the first one that way too.

Bairespm

I would move that from the General tab to its own Midi tab, or a combined Resources tab that handles *everything* that the macros use, but are not macros themselves. Kinda like what I was saying earlier. Variables, Websockets, Midi, etc. And keep it always available, to be able to add the first one that way too.
Good idea

flyingdoodah

Hey everyone! Any help would be appreciated! I'm a music teacher using OBS to run a digital backdrop for my school play. I did this successfully last year using an older version of OBS and Advanced Scene Switcher. I've since updated OBS, and now the duration modifier doesn't seem to be working consistently. I'm struggling and the play is next week! Here's how I have things set up, which worked last year:

The play has its own Scene Collection. The collection consists of video loops, which have no audio, and music videos for song and dance numbers. The video loops are active when there is dialogue. The music videos are active when there is singing and dancing.

Each music video has a loop before and after it in the scene collection. I have a duration modifier set to the exact length of the song. When the song is over, it should automatically switch to loop after it in the collection. I have all of the cues set up in order in the collection. I start at the top of the collection, follow along in the script, press the down arrow when there is a cue for a song, sound effect, or scene change, OBS advances to the next scene. When a song is finished playing, it automatically advances to the loop that comes after it in the collection.

I'm not sure what's going on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if there is a box that should be checked or unchecked. I'm not sure of any other factors that would be messing me up. Here is a screen shot of my macros and a shot of the scenes/OBS window
Reduced Size screenshots.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-07 120234.png

AaronD

Hey everyone! Any help would be appreciated! I'm a music teacher using OBS to run a digital backdrop for my school play. I did this successfully last year using an older version of OBS and Advanced Scene Switcher. I've since updated OBS, and now the duration modifier doesn't seem to be working consistently. I'm struggling and the play is next week! Here's how I have things set up, which worked last year:

The play has its own Scene Collection. The collection consists of video loops, which have no audio, and music videos for song and dance numbers. The video loops are active when there is dialogue. The music videos are active when there is singing and dancing.

Each music video has a loop before and after it in the scene collection. I have a duration modifier set to the exact length of the song. When the song is over, it should automatically switch to loop after it in the collection. I have all of the cues set up in order in the collection. I start at the top of the collection, follow along in the script, press the down arrow when there is a cue for a song, sound effect, or scene change, OBS advances to the next scene. When a song is finished playing, it automatically advances to the loop that comes after it in the collection.

I'm not sure what's going on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if there is a box that should be checked or unchecked. I'm not sure of any other factors that would be messing me up. Here is a screen shot of my macros and a shot of the scenes/OBS windowView attachment 102376View attachment 102375
Does the "at least" modifier work any better? I wonder if the "exact" one is getting skipped over.

It happens a lot in general software, for a naive programmer to look for "x == 5", for example, and then wonder why it never happens. The bug is exposed when a readout of "x" shows, "0, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, ..."

flyingdoodah

Does the "at least" modifier work any better? I wonder if the "exact" one is getting skipped over.

It happens a lot in general software, for a naive programmer to look for "x == 5", for example, and then wonder why it never happens. The bug is exposed when a readout of "x" shows, "0, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, ..."
Just tried "at least" and it still doesn't work.

AaronD

I have a duration modifier set to the exact length of the song. When the song is over, it should automatically switch to loop after it in the collection.

If the file itself is that length, then you might use that for timing instead of a separate timer. Don't know why the timer doesn't work, so the same thing might kill both, but something I've done a lot is:
1709842297262.png

So regardless of how long the video is, the last 1/2-second of it (or whatever you set it for) is used to transition to the next scene.

It helps with that too, to have a scan interval that is much less than the time that you set here. I have mine all the way down, at 50ms.
1709842620206.png

Warmuptill

View attachment 102372
View attachment 102373

I will try to think of something to resolve this.
Maybe some automated "re-connection" attempt if the device could not be found initially, so that if the device is connected later on it will just work.

Regarding the warning if a device is not connected.
Maybe I will simply add a new condition check for the MIDI condition which allows you to check which MIDI devices are currently connected.
Then you could do something "if not device X is connected -> display warning".

I can't give you an ETA yet unfortunately.

Hi all!
Friends, tell me how to make sure that a link to a YouTube video copied to the clipboard automatically ends up in the url position in the settings browser?
Thanks!
Currently it is not possible to access the clipboard contents, but I will add it to the todo list and let you know once that is possible.

I'm not sure what's going on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if there is a box that should be checked or unchecked. I'm not sure of any other factors that would be messing me up. Here is a screen shot of my macros and a shot of the scenes/OBS windowView attachment 102376View attachment 102375
Can you please enable verbose logging on the General tab.
Once you have done that please try to reproduce the issue and note down the time when the problem happened.
Afterwards please share the corresponding log file and if possible please export your settings to a file.

This will likely help in tracking down the problem.

If you want we can also set up a short call on the weekend and look at the issue together.
If so, send me a direct message.

Warmuptill

Is anyone else experiencing issues starting with the 1.25.* releases with the thresholds of the "Audio" condition not working as they used to?
Meaning the same threshold values are resulting in different behavior in 1.25.* compared to earlier releases.

I believe this was reported on GitHub in https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/issues/1051, although the description was not quite clear enough.

If so, I would very much appreciate it, if someone, who did experience those types of issues and returned to an earlier version of the plugin because of it, can test if the following build does resolve the problem:

Any feedback regarding this topic would be very welcome (positive or negative)!
Please just make sure to back up your settings beforehand just in case!

Thank you!

Bairespm

Perfect but keep in mind that there are times when if the correct midi device is not connected, advss either it is empty or it takes another midi device that is connected, which is wrong.

Lawrence_SoCal

Just tried "at least" and it still doesn't work.
I'm wondering if the basic logic is the issue, and Aaron's suggestion (what I was thinking) maybe more appropriate.
that is - Is there a measure of time for a Scene? yes, for a video playing, but how long a scene has been Active?

If the issue is how long the video is playing, then the Video is the trigger, not the Scene. And as Aaron mentioned, computers get busy and can miss 'exact' moment sometimes, so 'greater than', or 'equal or greater than' much more reliable triggers... 'cuz would you care all that much if trigger was 100 ms later?

Oh, and I use https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/media-controls.1032/ so I can monitor time remaining in a Video

flyingdoodah

If the file itself is that length, then you might use that for timing instead of a separate timer. Don't know why the timer doesn't work, so the same thing might kill both, but something I've done a lot is:
View attachment 102378
So regardless of how long the video is, the last 1/2-second of it (or whatever you set it for) is used to transition to the next scene.

It helps with that too, to have a scan interval that is much less than the time that you set here. I have mine all the way down, at 50ms.
View attachment 102379
Thank you. I will try both of those suggestions.

AaronD

How can I set my NDI source as a trigger when my phone's NDI camera app is on/off?
I don't think *any* source on/off is available. To my knowledge, OBS just doesn't provide that information.

But you might use the Video condition to see if the picture is changing. OBS hangs on the last frame that it received, so a strict, pedantic "no change at all" might be fairly foolproof because the camera will always have some noise, which is still a (small) change. That won't work for PowerPoint slides or other things that are made entirely from still images, but it should for a video camera.

Warmuptill

Hi!

In versions 1.25.0, 1.25.1, 1.25.2 “Scene element visibility” by audio level trigger stops working.

@Warmuptill
Can you please try this build mentioned here and report back if that resolves your issue.
You will have to reimport your 1.24.* settings for the automatic conversion of the audio threshold to function.

Thank you!
Is anyone else experiencing issues starting with the 1.25.* releases with the thresholds of the "Audio" condition not working as they used to?
Meaning the same threshold values are resulting in different behavior in 1.25.* compared to earlier releases.

I believe this was reported on GitHub in https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/issues/1051, although the description was not quite clear enough.

If so, I would very much appreciate it, if someone, who did experience those types of issues and returned to an earlier version of the plugin because of it, can test if the following build does resolve the problem:

Any feedback regarding this topic would be very welcome (positive or negative)!
Please just make sure to back up your settings beforehand just in case!

Thank you!

Last edited:

l1i1l

Can you please try this build mentioned here and report back if that resolves your issue.
You will have to reimport your 1.24.* settings for the automatic conversion of the audio threshold to function.

Thank you!
The latest version in which everything worked for me was 1.24.2. When switching to any versions, starting from 1.25, the macros stops working, it simply does not respond to the trigger.