Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.4

StadiumPK

Ok so interestingly enough, I got the window macros to work when I switch discord channels, that is awesome.

However, a lot of my other pattern matching macros no longer work, or are extremely delayed. The 1.18 version had no option for "use pattern matching mode" .... it only had the default that you made. I am not sure how to fix this problem... I almost want to go back to 1.18 since it was working fine, I have like 15 macros with tons of conditions.

Also, if I click "run macro" - I get my expected result. I check the "show match" and it shows me the match highlighted in red... its weird.

i wonder if I am running too many macros now? I disabled like 10 ... and no difference...n

Beakly

Hi Warmuptill, just installed AdvSS a couple days ago and satisfied with it so far. I've found a couple things I'd like to share with you.

One being a a bug I found with duplicating macros. When duplicated, the naming of the macros doesn't populate correctly the first time and it's very easily confused, caused me to edit and make changes to the wrong macro a few times, only realizing later when the functions weren't working properly. Although I found after closing and re-opening the scene switcher window after duplicating, the macro names would re-populate correctly, though I didn't trust it enough to continue using the duplicate function. If you like, I can try to recreate this for you with screenshots or something.

The second is a feature request. Short version: Would it be possible to implement something like Show all, Toggle all, or Hide All Sources instead of only specific ones within a scene? Long version: I have several nested scenes that each contain their own sources of looping video. I have macros working with Scene Item Visibility, so these sources show, wait for x seconds, hide, and then show the next source down the list. However, I'd like for visibility for all sources within the scene to be turned off when the corresponding scene source is hidden.

Thanks

Last edited:

Beakly

Upon going to grab a screenshot for the above second paragraph, I think I found what I was looking for...

The option for 'Any' instead of 'Source' gives me a list of all the source types. It seems then this would only affect the selected source types within the scene, which would definitely work for what I want it to do.

Apologies for the (possibly) unnecessary post.

MrGhost

Sorry if I am misunderstanding something but wouldn't just doing something like this work?

View attachment 95069
Seems like the wait way will cause some problems for mine as it switches a scene inside the Macro that I want to only switch to one scene. I can't see how it can work properly won't the wait of 10s cause the scene to switch momentarily then instantly back as the conditions go true and timer resets. Thus there needs to be a control on the timer to keep it from running and resetting constantly.

I did it my way it mostly works. I don't know that your way would work because there are so many of the text macros and it would have to be put in every one. I also used my way on a new timer to time out another computer which doesn't have many text files. I ended up doing it the same way. Seems like some of the big problems with the function happen when the macro goes green every .3s or so, and the timer restarts or it winds up in the middle when the first scene is just going untrue. I made a short video of it, which starts at 1:20 in a larger video of music I am about to upload after I write this. The timer is shown it's a 4 macro setup not too complex and there are 2 macros to time on one scene. The other Macros switch to other scenes. The "countdown" macro looks for the condition of the 2 other scene macros not to be true, and the cursor to stop moving. When these happen, it sets the timer of the 3rd scene macro to 15s and continues it. The 3rd scene macro only has to have no moving cursor and the timer go to 0. I have had a bit of a hard time getting that macro to start at 15s only when the cursor stops and not be somewhere like 2.34s or 8.94s as the other macro stops. I need to work on it some more and follow my encoding computer's system of timer control.

In the case of my original computer, the timer works really well now but it's fairly complex. It looks for a MIDI signal to be sent which switches on a given text macro as its start of the timer. The timer must be controlled from outside the scene switcher macros and set from conditions that are reliably found at the time that the scenes are switched. Like the MIDI input, and the timer reaching 0. It is hard to get the timer to start at exactly 10s, and not reset or continue when it is getting the midi signals. So I think I used about 3 or 4 macros to operate the timer of the text source and the other group of text sources.

Last edited:

Warmuptill

One being a a bug I found with duplicating macros. When duplicated, the naming of the macros doesn't populate correctly the first time and it's very easily confused, caused me to edit and make changes to the wrong macro a few times, only realizing later when the functions weren't working properly. Although I found after closing and re-opening the scene switcher window after duplicating, the macro names would re-populate correctly, though I didn't trust it enough to continue using the duplicate function. If you like, I can try to recreate this for you with screenshots or something.
I am not sure I full understand what the issue - so screenshots would be much appreciated!
Thank you for reporting the problem! :)

The second is a feature request. Short version: Would it be possible to implement something like Show all, Toggle all, or Hide All Sources instead of only specific ones within a scene? Long version: I have several nested scenes that each contain their own sources of looping video. I have macros working with Scene Item Visibility, so these sources show, wait for x seconds, hide, and then show the next source down the list. However, I'd like for visibility for all sources within the scene to be turned off when the corresponding scene source is hidden.
I plan on improving the scene item selection as this was requested in the past already.
I just don't know yet when I will get around to it.
(But good to hear that the "any ..." approach worked for you for now!)

Seems like the wait way will cause some problems for mine as it switches a scene inside the Macro that I want to only switch to one scene. I can't see how it can work properly won't the wait of 10s cause the scene to switch momentarily then instantly back as the conditions go true and timer resets. Thus there needs to be a control on the timer to keep it from running and resetting constantly.

I did it my way it mostly works. I don't know that your way would work because there are so many of the text macros and it would have to be put in every one. I also used my way on a new timer to time out another computer which doesn't have many text files. I ended up doing it the same way. Seems like some of the big problems with the function happen when the macro goes green every .3s or so, and the timer restarts or it winds up in the middle when the first scene is just going untrue. I made a short video of it, which starts at 1:20 in a larger video of music I am about to upload after I write this. The timer is shown it's a 4 macro setup not too complex and there are 2 macros to time on one scene. The other Macros switch to other scenes. The "countdown" macro looks for the condition of the 2 other scene macros not to be true, and the cursor to stop moving. When these happen, it sets the timer of the 3rd scene macro to 15s and continues it. The 3rd scene macro only has to have no moving cursor and the timer go to 0. I have had a bit of a hard time getting that macro to start at 15s only when the cursor stops and not be somewhere like 2.34s or 8.94s as the other macro stops. I need to work on it some more and follow my encoding computer's system of timer control.

In the case of my original computer, the timer works really well now but it's fairly complex. It looks for a MIDI signal to be sent which switches on a given text macro as its start of the timer. The timer must be controlled from outside the scene switcher macros and set from conditions that are reliably found at the time that the scenes are switched. Like the MIDI input, and the timer reaching 0. It is hard to get the timer to start at exactly 10s, and not reset or continue when it is getting the midi signals. So I think I used about 3 or 4 macros to operate the timer of the text source and the other group of text sources.
I still don't think I fully understand what you are trying to set up with the timers, but I am glad to hear that you figured something out that works for you. :)
If you have questions do not hesitate to ask and I will try to help!

Beakly

I am not sure I full understand what the issue - so screenshots would be much appreciated!
No problem! I'll try to explain this best I can with screens. By the way, I couldn't seem to replicate this on a new Scene Collection with a fresh slate of AdvSS but I can replicate it easily with my current macros. If you need more information on how this is set up, I'm happy to provide.

These are looping video backgrounds within a Sequence. Say I wanted to add another background to that Sequence list, I would like to just duplicate one of them and give it a new name, preserving the actions I've setup so I don't have to re-populate the actions for each new macro.
1688780553354.png

After clicking Duplicate Macro, it seems to duplicate just fine and populate the new one directly underneath (BlueFlames, BlueFlames 2)
1688780825624.png

But, if I click back to the original macro, I notice the Name in the right of the snip is actually for the duplicate.
1688780979378.png

When I click the new duplicate macro once more, I notice the Name on the right is now the same as the original.
1688781075091.png

These last two snips are after I've closed and reopened the AdvSS window:
1688781281774.png
1688781298959.png

Their names correspond correctly, but the duplicate is seemingly above the original instead of below.

Beakly

Has there been reports in the past of AdvSS one day not monitoring macros? I can click the manual "Run Macro" button, but AdvSS seems to be hung up on something else or just giving me the silent treatment. I cannot get it back to working.

If anyone has an idea of how to remedy this, I will love you you until the end of time

Attachments

• 2023-07-09 13-49-58.txt
    208 KB · Views: 11

Warmuptill

Has there been reports in the past of AdvSS one day not monitoring macros? I can click the manual "Run Macro" button, but AdvSS seems to be hung up on something else or just giving me the silent treatment. I cannot get it back to working.

If anyone has an idea of how to remedy this, I will love you you until the end of time
If I am not mistaken the "DynMasksSEQ" or "BluesCHECKER" macro is blocking the checks / execution of other macros every few minutes for a few minutes as it is executing "wait" actions with a very long duration in the foreground.

No problem! I'll try to explain this best I can with screens. By the way, I couldn't seem to replicate this on a new Scene Collection with a fresh slate of AdvSS but I can replicate it easily with my current macros. If you need more information on how this is set up, I'm happy to provide.

These are looping video backgrounds within a Sequence. Say I wanted to add another background to that Sequence list, I would like to just duplicate one of them and give it a new name, preserving the actions I've setup so I don't have to re-populate the actions for each new macro.
View attachment 95740

After clicking Duplicate Macro, it seems to duplicate just fine and populate the new one directly underneath (BlueFlames, BlueFlames 2)
View attachment 95742

But, if I click back to the original macro, I notice the Name in the right of the snip is actually for the duplicate.
View attachment 95743

When I click the new duplicate macro once more, I notice the Name on the right is now the same as the original.
View attachment 95744

These last two snips are after I've closed and reopened the AdvSS window:
View attachment 95745View attachment 95746

Their names correspond correctly, but the duplicate is seemingly above the original instead of below.
A build with a fix is available here on GitHub:
(Note that you have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it - let me know if that is an issue)

I would appreciate if you could confirm that the issue is also resolved on your end, but please note that this is a development build.
So make sure to back up your settings beforehand in case something breaks.

Beakly

If I am not mistaken the "DynMasksSEQ" or "BluesCHECKER" macro is blocking the checks / execution of other macros every few minutes for a few minutes as it is executing "wait" actions with a very long duration in the foreground.
Something here must've been a part of the problem, because after playing around here everything seems to be working properly again. They were working fine with testing with a much shorter arbitrary time, and when I put in the desired value, it made it seem like the whole system broke. Thank you!! So does this mean if all macros do not have the "run in parallel" box checked, then when the Wait action is called, the whole system will wait? I assumed this was more of a performance feature rather than a linear option.

Beakly

A build with a fix is available here on GitHub:
(Note that you have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it - let me know if that is an issue)

I would appreciate if you could confirm that the issue is also resolved on your end, but please note that this is a development build.
So make sure to back up your settings beforehand in case something breaks.
This worked!! Thank you. Duplicates seem to be perfect now. Would you recommend I reinstall the 'old' build or should I just stick with this one now?

Warmuptill

So does this mean if all macros do not have the "run in parallel" box checked, then when the Wait action is called, the whole system will wait?
Yes, correct.

This worked!! Thank you. Duplicates seem to be perfect now. Would you recommend I reinstall the 'old' build or should I just stick with this one now?
Thanks for the confirmation!
If you don't encounter any issues you might as well stick to the newer version.
If you should encounter issues, please do let me know about them! :)

Beakly

Grouping macros also seems to do something funky.

This is a new collection of macros I just made. After I click Group...
1689016797136.png

... They appear elsewhere (although grouped), in this case at the top of the list within a different group altogether.
1689017031474.png

Also, while this is the case, the group where they were put seems to encompass my whole macro list underneath it. When I drag the new grouping back out and down to the bottom, everything seems to be working just fine again.

Attachments

• 1689016970393.png
    1689016970393.png
    9 KB · Views: 8

Beakly

@Warmuptill I had the same problem. If I update, do I lose what the last modifications we saw had?

When I updated to test the bug, I did not lose any settings. But always best to make a backup before doing so! Copy/pasted: Find the Roaming folder on your PC (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio) and make a copy of the entire obs-studio folder. This folder will preserve ALL of the settings and overlays exactly as you have left them on your old Windows or old OBS install.

As well, upon startup of OBS after updating, that AdvSS has detected a new version and will back up it's own settings separately.

Destroy666

Is it possible to change the streaming category or any other info with this tool? I assume a way would be to use HTTP requests, but is there anything easier/quicker to set up?

Warmuptill

Grouping macros also seems to do something funky.

This is a new collection of macros I just made. After I click Group...
View attachment 95797

... They appear elsewhere (although grouped), in this case at the top of the list within a different group altogether.
View attachment 95799

Also, while this is the case, the group where they were put seems to encompass my whole macro list underneath it. When I drag the new grouping back out and down to the bottom, everything seems to be working just fine again.
Good find!
A build with a fix should be available here in a few minutes:

What happened is that the index calculation where to insert the group did not properly take into account when a macro group was collapsed before it.

Is it possible to change the streaming category or any other info with this tool? I assume a way would be to use HTTP requests, but is there anything easier/quicker to set up?
Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this at the moment. (Thanks for creating the GitHub issues to track this :))

MrGhost

I still don't think I fully understand what you are trying to set up with the timers, but I am glad to hear that you figured something out that works for you. :)
If you have questions do not hesitate to ask and I will try to help!
biggest problem with the 'wait' method was that the wait timer remained on a loop with the start at the same place. So if it was activated, the other factors being true, it might be anywhere in the 15s loop. I didn't see anyplace where the wait timer could be paused, reset or added time to.

The final way that I made it happen was to do the following:

complete overhaul I got it working today. I had it continually add the full time to the timer, as long as the cursor is being moved. But when the cursor stops it continues the timer, as well as adding the time to the timer. When the timer action runs true, and the cursor stops moving it switches the scene, then adds the time back to the timer. This seemed to work. There were a few other things that have to be specified but it worked. I made a video but it was too hard to edit.

markbowendesign

Apologies as I know this must have been covered somewhere but with 143 pages of forum discussion to go through (I did try for a while) it's a lot to go through to find an answer so hoping someone can point me in the right direction really quickly?
I've just downloaded this plugin and it looks and sounds really great but I was looking at the WIKI for the plugin and it mentions the Sequences tab.
I'm running OBS Studio 29.1.3 on a Mac Mini M2 Pro but all I get when I open the plugin is a General and Macro tab.
Is there somewhere else I need to go in order to view more of this plugin perhaps?

Many thanks,

Mark

AaronD

1689264456891.png

That said, the WIKI is horribly outdated. The other tabs are going to go away entirely at some point, as all of their functionality is covered by the macros anyway.

There are lots of ways to do anything with the macros. Here's just one way to make a sequence:
1689265074917.png

1689265141106.png

1689265192748.png

The Media condition allows an early trigger, right at the end of the video, no matter how long the video is, so that the transition out of it looks nice. The still image just has a timer.

Also, if you look closely at which scene goes to what, you'll see that this is a loop.
To escape the loop, just switch to something other than these three (or whatever the loop includes).
To restart the loop, just switch to one of these, and the macros will take it from there.