Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.2

AaronD

@Warmuptill
I'm in studio mode, and I want to create a macro to send a scene directly to the program, is that possible? Or could this function be added?

Currently when I select a scene, it loads in "PREVIEW" and then I have to give it a transition. this is bad for me. Although there is an option in obs that can be enabled that double-clicking the scene directly sends it to "PROGRAM"

but i need this in a macro. I explain

For my homemade streamdeck, I put together a macro where I create a hotkey that when used changes the PROGRAM scene directly.

You can understand it better in the attached images.

Thanks for you time.
From your screenshot, you're using one hotkey to trigger another hotkey? Which then tells OBS to select a scene?

You can delete the second hotkey and keep the exact same functionality like this:
1687791170057.png

Or you can change the program directly like this:
1687791224173.png

The previously active scene will also move to the Preview when this runs.

Bairespm

From your screenshot, you're using one hotkey to trigger another hotkey? Which then tells OBS to select a scene?

You can delete the second hotkey and keep the exact same functionality like this:
View attachment 95405
Or you can change the program directly like this:
View attachment 95406
The previously active scene will also move to the Preview when this runs.
h
Yes, it's true, I only did it to graph what I want to do... I have a homemade streamdeck, to which I assign hotkeys to change scenes, the problem is that it loads them in "PREVIEW" and I need it directly load in "PROGRAM"

Keeping the studio mode active. I know that if I disable it I can send directly to PROGRAM but I don't want to disable it since it can avoid many errors if studio mode is active

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 11

AaronD

h
Yes, it's true, I only did it to graph what I want to do... I have a homemade streamdeck, to which I assign hotkeys to change scenes, the problem is that it loads them in "PREVIEW" and I need it directly load in "PROGRAM"

Keeping the studio mode active. I know that if I disable it I can send directly to PROGRAM but I don't want to disable it since it can avoid many errors if studio mode is active
I still don't see the problem. Look at my second screenshot.

Bairespm

Todavía no veo el problema. Mira mi segunda captura de pantalla.
If I have Studio Mode active, in the way you indicate, load the scene in "PREVIEW", not in "PROGRAM" .

I need that with Active Studio Mode load the scene directly in PROGRAM.

look at the attached image

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 15

Bairespm

Really?! BOTH of my screenshots go to Preview? If so, then you've got something else wrong, and I can't think of what.
maybe you don't understand me

studio mode Active

macro send scene to PREVIEW

it's not good for me

I need to send scene to PROGRAM directly

even if studio mode is active

AaronD

maybe you don't understand me

studio mode Active

macro send scene to PREVIEW

it's not good for me

I need to send scene to PROGRAM directly

even if studio mode is active
Yes, and my second screenshot does exactly that. In Studio Mode. Have you tried it?

StadiumPK

Hi there,

Two questions:
Question 1: Is there any integration with discord possible? It's a very unique situation but I just found out about the pattern matching abilities, and if someone in game types "+1 needed", then the pattern could match and perform an action, and then paste a predetermined command or something in a specific discord channel?

I can likely achieve this by comboing this tool + mix it up bot, but ideally all in one source would be better.

Question 2:
The source visibility enable/disable or show/hide works great, however the enable uses the transition but the disable doesn't use the hiding transition even when its marked as "fade" on the layer itself. So the shown layer is faded in, then harshly cut off when hidden. If you manually toggle the "eye", it fades in, then fades out. Maybe I missed something, or it is a bug/not possible?

This plugin is wildly helpful, I love it. I appreciate your development effort and the fact it is free is insane.

Glynnman

I was working with another plug-in and was trying to test it while have the automatic scene switcher active. When I tried to go to a scene that was not a part of the sequence, it would immediately go back to the sequence. I tried changing the value in "check conditions every" thinking that maybe it was checking so frequently that it couldn't register the change to the other scene. I changed it from the default 300ms to 1000ms. It would let me switch the scene, but it would still near immediately switch back to the scene that sequence had been at.

I've tested on v29.0.0 on a different computer and it does *NOT* act like this. I am seeing this behavior in v29.1.3 and with Automatic Scene Switcher v1.22.1. For what it's worth the version of Automatic Scene Switcher in use on the other computer where I did not see this behavior is v1.20.4.

Warmuptill

Question 1: Is there any integration with discord possible? It's a very unique situation but I just found out about the pattern matching abilities, and if someone in game types "+1 needed", then the pattern could match and perform an action, and then paste a predetermined command or something in a specific discord channel?

I can likely achieve this by comboing this tool + mix it up bot, but ideally all in one source would be better.
Unfortunately I am not aware of the plugin being able to interact with the Discord API.
(But I also not really familiar with their API so maybe I am mistaken)

The source visibility enable/disable or show/hide works great, however the enable uses the transition but the disable doesn't use the hiding transition even when its marked as "fade" on the layer itself. So the shown layer is faded in, then harshly cut off when hidden. If you manually toggle the "eye", it fades in, then fades out. Maybe I missed something, or it is a bug/not possible?
Just to confirm: You are using the "Scene item visibility" action here, are you not?

If so, could it be that you maybe have set up macros that are conflicting with each other, so that hiding / showing of the scene items happens quickly one after another?

Do you maybe have the option to enable verbose logging, try to reproduce the problem and share the log / timestamp of the issue?
239974352-adee59e2-71b9-4cd9-9c36-b16984a38fd6.PNG

I was working with another plug-in and was trying to test it while have the automatic scene switcher active. When I tried to go to a scene that was not a part of the sequence, it would immediately go back to the sequence. I tried changing the value in "check conditions every" thinking that maybe it was checking so frequently that it couldn't register the change to the other scene. I changed it from the default 300ms to 1000ms. It would let me switch the scene, but it would still near immediately switch back to the scene that sequence had been at.

I've tested on v29.0.0 on a different computer and it does *NOT* act like this. I am seeing this behavior in v29.1.3 and with Automatic Scene Switcher v1.22.1. For what it's worth the version of Automatic Scene Switcher in use on the other computer where I did not see this behavior is v1.20.4.
Can you share more details which settings which are causing an issue? (Are you referring to the old "Sequence" tab here?)
It would be best if you could export them to a file and share it here. (The option to do so can be found on the General tab)

StadiumPK

We have a discord with 12 team channels and i'd like to auto switch between the streams and pop them out and my stream follows me around (without using display mode).
How can I make a macro that recognizes a specific window? It's Team 1 or Team 2 .. .basically anything with "Team", ideally the macro will change the window source to that "team", enable visibility on a layer and stream sees what i see.

Is this possible?

1688528089057.png
1688528106481.png

jarnick91

hello everyone!

sorry about my bad english.

i have a question about the scene switching. i want to play a scene for 30 seconds than switching to another scene thats also playing for 30 secons and than i need to loop it for unlimited times. i know how to setup a macro but not the good settings. somebody know how to do this?

AaronD

hello everyone!

sorry about my bad english.

i have a question about the scene switching. i want to play a scene for 30 seconds than switching to another scene thats also playing for 30 secons and than i need to loop it for unlimited times. i know how to setup a macro but not the good settings. somebody know how to do this?
Several ways to do that. Here's mine:
1688583230241.png

1688583247556.png

And that's it! Two independent macros, that each switch to the scene that the other is watching for.

If you want to escape, just switch to a different scene, and neither macro will trigger.
If you want to restart, just switch to one of those, and the macros will take it from there.

Warmuptill

We have a discord with 12 team channels and i'd like to auto switch between the streams and pop them out and my stream follows me around (without using display mode).
How can I make a macro that recognizes a specific window? It's Team 1 or Team 2 .. .basically anything with "Team", ideally the macro will change the window source to that "team", enable visibility on a layer and stream sees what i see.

Is this possible?

View attachment 95664View attachment 95665
I think that should be possible.
Basically you want to adjust the window capture sources settings to switch to whatever discord window you are currently focusing (and then also change some scene item visibility stuff)
Hopefully I understand what you are trying to achieve correctly.

You will have to use the "Source" action type to modify the settings of the window capture source.
The most straightforward way of doing this is to simply create X number of macros similar to this one:
Team1.PNG

(I am of course just using notepad as an example here)

You can also get fancy using variables and handle the settings change for any amount of teams in a single macro, but I am not sure if that is the best approach for your setup:

TeamVariable.PNG

Let me know if you have questions!

StadiumPK

Thanks I will try this. I just noticed your window macro is different than mine. I have 1.18.0 version and yours is 1.22.

Before I try to update, I've exported my settings... how do I update to latest version?

Warmuptill

Thanks I will try this. I just noticed your window macro is different than mine. I have 1.18.0 version and yours is 1.22.

Before I try to update, I've exported my settings... how do I update to latest version?
You can press the "Go to download" button at the top of the page, which will take you here: