Question / Help 5000 bitrate and still pixelated?

Thund3RDoctoR

I record my Xbox with my Elgato, then record on OBS. My settings on the Elgato is 720p 30fps. Along with my OBS settings, they’re 720p 30fps and at 5000 bitrate. I keep my CPU preset at Ultrafast. Even if I make the preset ‘slower’ it’s still pixelated. And if I go up to 9000 bitrate; it’s still pixelated.
I’m getting pretty stressed over this, and I decided to look at the preview/record in the Elgato software. And the same problem still persist. I even switched out HDMIs to see if it was that, and of course it wasn’t.
Is it my display? Is it that I’m taking 1080p 60fps games to 720p 30fps?

Narcogen

5000 is fine for 720p30, but if you're doing that with Ultrafast, it's probably going to produce artifacting during high motion.

At slower it might not, but can your machine actually do that? Because recommended for most users is the 'veryfast' preset.

Wait, are you streaming or recording? Because if you're recording there's no reason to be using such low bitrates, or even constant bit rate at all.

In Settings > Output go to Simple mode, choose "indistinguishable quality, large file size" and call it a day.