Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

On macOS OSX is not working on OBS 26.0.2, however it works in 26.1.2.
W
Warmuptill
OBS is shipped with certain versions of libraries the plugin depends on.
The version of these libraries was changed from OBS 26.0 to OBS 26.1 and I chose to support the newer versions of OBS.

I could of course always build two version of the plugin but this would probably cause too much confusion.

In general I hope that the problem resolves itself over time as people slowly migrate to more recent versions of OBS on macOS.
But if you have suggestions on how to handle this situation better I am all ears :)

Unfortunately the plugin overview page also does not let me select OBS 26.1 as the minimum supported version, as only changes in major version seem to be supported. (So OBS 25, OBS 26, ...)
i dont like the week day are removed from time tab
W
Warmuptill
This was not intentional and should be fixed already - please download the plug-in again (same version) and the time tab will once again show the weekday options.
But thanks for also reporting the issue! :)
I can not even install it. Absolutely buggy. Big Sur 11.1
W
Warmuptill
I finally managed to set up a VM running Big Sur 11.1, but cannot replicate any issues installing the plug-in.

Can you describe in a bit more detail what exactly is causing issues?
Do you have trouble running the installer itself or is the plug-in not showing up in OBS after running the installer?

In case of the former please remember that you have to right-click / control-click the SceneSwitcher.pkg file and select "open".
Simply double clicking might result in macOS blocking it as it is an unknown third party installer.

In case of the latter can you please share a log file of OBS?
Please also make sure you are using the latest version of OBS as the plug-in is only compatible with OBS 26.1 or newer, due to changes in the QT version.

Anyways feel free to contact me if you need further assistance and I hope you will get it to work soon! :)
Amazing plug-in!

thank you for making this

The way I use OBS, I program in several scene customizations using scene/source filters activated by function keys (F13, F14, etc) when I switch scenes via Touch Portal.

Would it be possible to also program into this plug-in, customizable virtual function key presses with specific scene switches?

thank you very much
W
Warmuptill
I will add it to the to-do list, but I am not sure when I will get around to looking into it.
Thank you for the suggestion!
Hi, the plugin was working well but now Windows Defender is quarantining the plugin as it is being detected as a trojan? Any insight on this?
W
Warmuptill
Hi, I have no clue why that would be the case :(
If you have any doubts the source code is available.
Where did you download the plugin? Which version? Was this already the case for previous versions?

EDIT: I have disabled the download for now, while I investigate this further.
EDIT2: Apparently the 32-bit Windows version of the plugin was somehow triggering windows defender.
Rebuilding the plugin once again with a different version number seems to have resolved the issue for now.
Release was updated and download is enabled again.
It had been working flawlessly for me but when I added the Start Streaming when a certain scene is loaded, it stopped switching from the file based switched it had been doing. Also if I try to turn off Advanced Scene Switcher, it locks up OBS. I’ve try reinstalling but still the same.
W
Warmuptill
Thanks for reporting the issues!

I sent you a message with a more recent build of the plugin which might resolve some of the issues.
For the rest I will probably need verbose logs.
Great ! Thanks !!
This is provides all the features one could dream of, the lack of which makes the stock scene switcher almost unusable....

latest update 1.8 has been crashing my OBS over 10 times today, and I can't figure out why. When I rolled back to the 1.7 version the crashes stopped. I know that's not very helpful from a debugging perspective though...
W
Warmuptill
I am sorry about these crashes - would you be able to share log files / crash logs? (I sent you a message)
It works great. Now i am able to change scene automatically with a timer. Nice job!
This is a wonderful plugin! It's so powerful. I actually do have a couple feature requests though. I wish we could pause specific switching methods instead of being forced to pause them all. It'd be super helpful to me since there are times I want one trigger to be present but don't want others to be.

Either way, thanks for keeping this up!
INCREIBLE! the only thing I would add is that in Media you can select a VLC playlist previously loaded in the scene, it would give a range of interesting options. From already Muchas gracias!
Incredibly useful and stress reducing when teaching online. Can't thank you enough. The built-in feature was unable to do so many things that this one can do that it wasn't useful.
This plug-in saves me so much effort (and stress) during a live stream, and @Warmuptill has been super-responsive. I've been saved by having the new Media tab (initially buggy but fixed super fast... and exactly what I want/need). Recent improvements (ex saving of settings) are really nice refinements / maturing of this impressive and immensely useful tool. And I'm looking forward to some of the upcoming updates
It's very good, although at the present release, there is not yet the way to edit a line, instead of to delete it and substitute it.
When you have few scenes, it's not an issue. But with a lot of scenes, it's cumbersome.
W
Warmuptill
Thank you! :)

Editing the entries in place is definitively on the to-do list.
I just havn't found a way to implement it in a reasonable amount of work.
First of all, great plugin!
However I wish it could have:
- some basic help;
- in the Time tab: be able to change/edit and save the hour and a way to reorder the scenes instead of deleting and re-entering them.
- in the Sequence tab: be able to select between seconds, minutes or even hours instead of just seconds and be able to re-order the scenes instead of deleting and re-entering them.
Also, I would like a way to re-order the tabs. I know that this is not a priority, but for me it would be much easier to have Time and Sequence tabs before Transition.
Do you think that it's possible to have this in the next version?

Thank you!
This is fantastic. The built in automatic switcher is completely not intuitive.
One bit of info for Ubuntu 20.04 users with OBS Studio 25.x, the plugins directory on 64 bit systems is: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/
Keep up this great work.
Thanks.
Tool itself works great, I have noticed an issue where a resource intensive game *Half Life Alyx for instance* will cause it to not properly switch back to a scene as specified in scene sequences. My friends has a lesser machine and runs into this issue more often, so limiting the amount of scenes seems to be the fix. This has given me the ability to have easier scene changes to highlight interaction or gaming moments to my viewers and have seen massive positive growth since using. Please keep working on and don't let this plugin get outdated. It's a god send.
Hey! Love this. Tampered alot with it, at it works great. Except one little thing.

"Write/read to file" cannot override from one Scene sequence to a second Scene sequence.

Scenario: I display a countdown in MM:SS format on a slate overlaying a video. It's displayed during a 3 scene sequence, showing different information in boxes poping up, each showed for 10s.

Then the "Read from file" detects the countdown when the text contain "00:01", and want to transition over to another 3 scene sequence.
But this doesn't work, it doesn't change to the second scene sequence. How can I make this work?
Plugin working less and less well through the updates, I don't know why but now it takes a long time (up to 15sec) to detect a change from a file (even if the "check delay" is still at 300ms)
Great resource and seems to work very well. However, is there any way to pause the scene switcher when the takbar is focused in the same way as you can do with Task Switching (alt-tab) and OBS? Also, it would be nice if the description at the bottom of the window title tab could also be on the bottom of the pause tab scince the same tags seem to work on each.