0xFF, 0x00,
0xFF, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 };

static const uint8_t mask_cmp[CMP_SIZE] =
{ 0x8B, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x83, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x75, 0x00,
0x68, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 };

nodata

Did someone tried out to stream/record with the new Windows Update?

With Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016240) I'm getting 100-105FPS while using Game Capture mode. Using Window Capture i'm getting 165 FPS. (Borderlands 2)

Last edited:
There's nothing we can do about it right now, please read the first post for things you can try in the meantime. Without a log showing the actual issues, it's hard to say.
I've been asking for help on this forum for over a year now. If posting a log did anything my problems would already be gone. I'll just wait for Microsoft to fix their shit. Until then I'll just play alone. Could be worse I guess. Thanks for your time anyway.

Osiris

To fix the issue with 32bit directx 9 games, unzip the contents of the attached zip-file to:
<OBS Studio installation folder>\data\obs-plugins\win-capture

This contains the fix by bFox earlier in the thread.

Don't install this if you are not on the creator's update!!! And don't run the exe, it's automatically started by OBS itself.

Attachments

• get-graphics-offsets32.zip
    69.6 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

Cr4zyb4st4rd

To fix the issue with 32bit directx 9 games, unzip the contents of the attached zip-file to:

Don't install this if you are not on the creator's update!!! And don't run the exe, it's automatically started by OBS itself.

Working with CS:GO and NS2. Thanks. :)

Code:
17:43:14.842: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: csgo.exe
17:43:14.880: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] using helper (compatibility hook)
17:43:14.882: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] hook not loaded yet, retrying..
17:43:17.859: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: csgo.exe
17:43:17.868: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] Hooked DXGI
17:43:18.550: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] d3d9 shared texture capture successful
17:43:18.559: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] shared texture capture successful
17:43:28.475: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] capture window no longer exists, terminating capture
17:43:28.475: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] capture stopped
17:43:37.575: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: NS2.exe
17:43:37.578: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] using helper (compatibility hook)
17:43:37.581: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] hook not loaded yet, retrying..
17:43:40.592: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: NS2.exe
17:43:40.611: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] Hooked DXGI
17:43:40.635: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] d3d9 shared texture capture successful
17:43:40.642: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] shared texture capture successful
17:43:43.542: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] capture window no longer exists, terminating capture
17:43:43.542: [game-capture: 'GameCapture'] capture stopped

nodata

Thank You! Works gr8 for me! ;) (Borderlands 2)

Last edited:

Fenrir

Forum Admin
https://gist.github.com/77938d4fb6a979f2f330e7e4de283590

Still having problems while recording CSGO, even after downloading the ZIP file. FPS drops from 200+ to 100-150 and I'm having stutters all the time.

my system specs:
Ryzen r5 1600 6-cores 3.2ghz
asus ROG strix 1070
16gb corsair vengeance 3ghz ram

I feel like this should be more than enough to record problem free

from your log:

Code:
22:09:26.599: [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: csgo.exe
22:09:27.593: [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] d3d9 shared texture capture successful
22:09:27.599: [game-capture: 'Game Capture'] shared texture capture successful
22:13:54.136: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 182 (2.6%)

This is no longer the game capture bug, but rather your GPU is overloaded. Make sure you're capping FPS in CS:GO to avoid maxing out your GPU.

nicoPlaYs

No more problem with CS:GO, thank you !

And i maybe know what causing the issue of ceoLorenzo. In my case, the new "game mode" of Windows 10 really needs to be disabled in the Windows settings when using OBS. When i let it enabled, it causes the video encoding to be overloaded as if Windows restrains what OBS can use from the CPU/GPU when playing and it affects a lot the FPS of the game too if OBS is used...

Last edited:

ceoLorenzo

No more problem with CS:GO, thank you !

And i maybe know what causing the issue of ceoLorenzo. In my case, the new "game mode" of Windows 10 really needs to be disabled in the Windows settings when using OBS. When i let it enabled, it causes the video encoding to be overloaded as if Windows restrains what OBS can use from the CPU/GPU when playing and it affects a lot the FPS of the game too if OBS is used...

I disabled it and i feel like you solved my problem! Test recorded for a few minutes and had no problems.
Here's the log: https://gist.github.com/0753d9af86b42527f739c36a286e78e7

ShakyBay

@Fenrir @Osiris

I installed the offsets.

I am still having issues with Black Desert Online, I also still cannot use "game Capture", its just a black screen and I'm forced to use Window Capture and Display Capture.

The logs should show tests of both window and display capture.

It's definitly better, but before the Windows 10 Update I never used more than 10-11% of my CPU or Drop below 60 Frames streaming. Ever since the creators update it goes from 16%-45% and destroys my frames on stream. Another thing I noticed is the longer I streamed the longer the stream delay, super weird stuff.

here are 2 logs from today.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e0ec05b526043c74f60c26aac1ef791e

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4cb101d3e024dd70cd42f172aa4bfeab

Hope you guys can fix this issue. I am getting pretty upset, I haven't been able to stream for a week and being a new streamer this is a really big set back for my channel. Kinda almost feeling like to revert back to a previous patch of windows. And it's definitley not my computer. Was able to stream this game at 60FPS no problem before creators update. O

ShakyBay

Neither of those logs show game capture being used.
Alright, and what about the frame drops? because it's still dropping lol.

If You read my post, it says' I was forced to use Window and display capture

which is those logs. Also, the OP does say, to use those two. I installed the patcher that was linked above and there isn't a fix for the game I play.

Last edited:

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Alright, and what about the frame drops? because it's still dropping lol.

If You read my post, it says' I was forced to use Window and display capture

which is those logs. Also, the OP does say, to use those two. I installed the patcher that was linked above and there isn't a fix for the game I play.

...right, but the offsets fix the game capture issue, so you should go back to using it. If it's not working, I need to see the log where game capture is still not working.

Malvenue

I reported that issue to microsoft :D If u want to read this u can.

My report for Microsoft:
After the BIG Creators Update i saw the new "gaming" tab in settings . I was trying it to see if the game mode makes a difference in games. And no fps boost or something like this :( . I decided to disable this game mode (no reason to use it). In my opinion the gaming tab in settings is useless becouse nobody will use windows to record something(The same in xbox app) . All people use OBS and Nvidia Shadowplay. And again that "gaming" options are useless in my opinion. I am sorry if that don't makes you happy , but that's the truth about that update. And the big reason becouse I make that discussion is becouse OBS game capture is working verry bad after win update (for example my fps are around 70% lower than before and the games are choppy). We can use just display capture in OBS.. so that's not good becouse it don't work perfect with the games(it also low your fps..not as good as game capture from before).
You gonna say that the problem must be solved by OBS but somehow Microsoft must help them abit becouse this problem is not solved yet.. All the people that have the latest version of windows and latest version of OBS can't use them together..compatibility problems.
And I think is becouse of the new useless "GAMING" update. I hope u understand me. And sorry for my bad english :)) Thx!
FYI, Gaming mode prioritizes cores for games over other system processes. 6/2 for 8 core systems, 3/1 for 4 core systems. You can disable it if you don't want it.

Malvenue

I'm here because my OBS is only showing a static game screen regardless the game. I've been using the old OBS and installed OBS Studio to see if that would resolve the issue but the results were the same. I can see the mouse moving and I can see my text header scrolling but the game screen is just static. I have upgraded to the latest drivers for my NVIDIA GEForce GTX 660. I have attached my log file and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I just learned Heroes of the Storm captures just fine. World of Warcraft and Elite Dangerous suffer from the symptoms listed above.

Attachments

• 2017-04-26 21-30-59.txt
    7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.