Bug Report **Windows 10 Creator Update PSA**

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoticpriest

This is consistent with the fullscreen optimization feature they added, which should be disabled to avoid issues.

I'm having this exact issue, Fenrir. I've had issues like this with PUBG, an indie game called "Little Nightmares" and even games like GWENT. Game runs fine, OBS fps drops to sub 30 sometimes. I've changed every option possible, and also added the fix suggested, turned off Game Mode, disabled Game Bar and DVR, and disabled fullscreen optimizations via the compatibility mode on the EXE. Nothing seems to work. I have a i7 6850k and GTX 1080, so even the games that don't require power are having issues. (2 monitor setup, 1 is 1440p 144hz, the 2nd monitor is 1080p 60hz)

I did notice that switching to 1080p in the game seems to fix the issue, or at least help a lot.

https://gist.github.com/f4fe286471e16c80590733e9b6041f3f

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I'm having this exact issue, Fenrir. I've had issues like this with PUBG, an indie game called "Little Nightmares" and even games like GWENT. Game runs fine, OBS fps drops to sub 30 sometimes. I've changed every option possible, and also added the fix suggested, turned off Game Mode, disabled Game Bar and DVR, and disabled fullscreen optimizations via the compatibility mode on the EXE. Nothing seems to work. I have a i7 6850k and GTX 1080, so even the games that don't require power are having issues. (2 monitor setup, 1 is 1440p 144hz, the 2nd monitor is 1080p 60hz)

I did notice that switching to 1080p in the game seems to fix the issue, or at least help a lot.

https://gist.github.com/f4fe286471e16c80590733e9b6041f3f

Your log shows an unknown module called "boom-capture.dll" attempting to load. Never seen this before, and no idea what it's trying to do, but it's potentially causing issues for you.

I am still having issues launching OBS Studio in 64 bit mode, crashes right off the bat.. Hopefully this is the right thread to post in?

Here is the paste of the crash logs
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4a1eac9dc78bd67010db49c1ccc00be3

I can launch in 32 bit mode fine - In fact I got an update when I launched OBSS just now, and then I tried to re-launch in 64 bit mode and it crashes again.

Thank you for any and all help!

The thread is about Game Capture making a fallback to memory capture on 32bit DX9 games in W10 Creators Update. Post a new thread about the crashes you're getting.

waste

I just wanted to start a new thread about this.
I am also affected by this problem.
Game is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Hope you get it fixed soon. (:

Hardware in the log.

Attachments

• 2017-04-30 11-42-11.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 34

Osiris

Closing this post as people seem to be posting here even if they don't even have the creator's update.
There's a workaround posted in the starting post for this specific issue. Next OBS patch will contain the official fix.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
To everyone watching this thread, and fix has been released in the 18.0.2 update. Please check the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.