Question / Help Window capture stopped working on large windows sizes (Nvidia)

Emanem

Hi,

Looks like if before I was able to do window capture (xcomposite) on large windows (i.e. 3440x14440), with most recent Nvidia drivers - 440.82) seems like OBS (25.0.8) gives me an error like:
Code:
error: xcompcap: glXCreatePixmap failed: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
If I pick smaller windows (as in FHD 1920x1080 or slightly larger) it does work.
I also tested with a sample X11 and OpenGL code, and indeed I get very similar results (in fact are the same...):
Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

Can someone else confirm the same?

Please note I'm running all of this on a 2080 Ti RTX, kernel Linux scv 5.3.0-51-generic

Superi

i Have exactly same problem. Newest nvidia drivers installed. With opensource drivers this works okay.

Emanem

Thanks! I thought it was more related to the drivers... at least with different DE we can use it...

nunks

So is this a compositor issue? I'm in the same "insufficiente resources" situation here with Cinnamon, so I'm using Plasma while this problem lasts...
I have a GeForce GTX 1660 with Nvidia 440.100 drivers. OBS 25.0.8-1 on ArchLinux (5.7.6-arch1-1 kernel).