Question / Help Window Capture is black for Penguin Subtitle Player, but not for other windows

Hello. On a laptop, I am trying to troubleshoot a Window Capture source that is appearing black. I am able to successfully use Window Capture for Chrome, Notepad, Zoom. However, I can't figure out how to make PenguinSubtitlePlayer.exe appear in Window Capture.

Here is my Log File.

I have followed the troubleshooting instructions for NVIDIA laptops on this page and on this page, and have set OBS to "High Performance" through the NVIDIA Control panel, and through the Windows Graphic Settings.

Thank you!

One precision: Cursor Capture actually works for the Window Capture of PenguinSubtitlePlayer.exe, however the rest of the window image is black. Any ideas as to what I can do?

This issue is now resolved: All I needed to do was to update OBS Studio Version: 24.0.3 (Windows) to the OBS Studio 25.0 Release Candidate 2 (Windows). Interestingly, there is no issue with this particular Window Capture I described on a MacBook Air running OBS Studio Version: 24.0.6 (Mac). Thank you.

Narcogen

There is so little in common between the renderers used by OBS on MacOS and Windows at this point that there's nothing particularly suprising about that. OBS used to use OpenGL on MacOS and either OpenGL or DirectX on Windows; OpenGL is now deprecated as a renderer in OBS on Windows, and Apple is deprecating OpenGL as a renderer on MacOS, putting the future path of OBS on that platform in doubt.