Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

You my man are my god, i literally searched for something like this for more than 2 years.

One thing to bear in mind is that the API that made this plugin even possible didn't even exist in Windows until late last year, showing up in Win10 20H2 and Win11.

--Katt. =^.^=

Mister36

Plugin functions great, however the log is showing that even if say the scene with the audio capture isn't active, it's still attempting to grab the application. This basically occurs as long as OBS is open, and the game isn't on so it hooks the audio. Is this intended?

1632950173522.png

Mister36

Nevermind, I thought I had the latest version, the beta-3 took out the log spam (as it said it would lol)

BlindStein

just wanted to leave this out here since i came after looking at franswah's video. he pointed out there is some audio monitoring issues. Also will this work in windows 11 too ? Another question was, will this work in a 2 pc setup or can you develop for a 2 pc set-up as well?

Mister36

just wanted to leave this out here since i came after looking at franswah's video. he pointed out there is some audio monitoring issues. Also will this work in windows 11 too ? Another question was, will this work in a 2 pc setup or can you develop for a 2 pc set-up as well?

There's no issue with this in windows 11

Fred_

Tried streaming again, and the audio got jerky once again. 2/2 isn't a huge sample size but so far it has happened twice around the hour mark, so could be some pattern there, as to when it occurs.

leividkain

So, I opened OBS today and it had a update, now I install the plugin and it doesn't show ..
Someone know what can it be?
Thanks guys, it is a great plugin!!!!

ShredMentor

This is an excellent step forward for audio routing, so thank you for this. I tried using Cubase 10 as an audio source today and unfortunately it did not work. Is there any plan to address DAW audio in the near future? Or any known work around already out there?

This is an excellent step forward for audio routing, so thank you for this. I tried using Cubase 10 as an audio source today and unfortunately it did not work. Is there any plan to address DAW audio in the near future? Or any known work around already out there?

I use REAPER here, plus I have access to Cakewalk Sonar and Sound Forge Pro, so I'd have to test it.

Personally, I'd probably stick to pipeline endpoints for this as these titles and programs like them are practically designed with them firmly in mind. I'll have to muck about that myself to see what kind of advice I can offer.

bozbez

bozbez updated win-capture-audio with a new update entry:

win-capture-audio v2.1.0-beta

For OBS versions 27.1.3 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later.
  • Adds translations for French, Chinese, German, Russian, Spanish and Chinese Traditional (Taiwan).
  • Rewrite of the core capture code to C++ (with WIL/WRL) to use a MMCSS registered MF queue to improve stability under load.
  • Fixes error handling for when the ActivateAudioInterfaceAsync call fails on outdated Windows.
  • Removes capture helper...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Heimburg

Thanks for this Great work!!! Is there a way to use this plugin with the mac version of obs? Thanks alot for your reply

Thanks for this Great work!!! Is there a way to use this plugin with the mac version of obs? Thanks alot for your reply

No, because this uses an API specific to Windows. You'd have to see if there's something similar in macOS by checking with Apple.

--Katt. =^.^=

Chippen

Audio 2 here should already be "Audio 1 without Spotify", so then you would mute Audio 1 and have an Audio 3 that captures only Spotify.
But if you mute Audio 1, where is the desktop sound (eg from the game) coming from?

Unmemorable Ham

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where audio from other channels bleeds into their mic channel while using this plugin? I recently added it to OBS and it works great for the most part. I've just noticed it sometimes bleeds audio from other channels into the mic and basically creates an echo effect. It doesn't even happen all the time. However, once it happens for the first time, my mic quality then gets scuffed. It starts to sound like it has a bunch of extra gain on it, and it kind of crackles. Almost like it's clipping from being too loud.

snakky

Hey man great plugin exactly what i was looking for.
I have an issue with stutterting sound.

Szenario:
Windows 10, Playing Diablo 2 Ressurected (this audio i want to send to OBS - which works - )
Also i listen to Stuff in Chrome(like YT or Twitch) the audio from this gets very choppy from time to time.
I noticed that it happens when iam in game (Diablo 2 R) when i tab out onto the desktop it instantly fixes the audio of the Chrome.

Audiacious

Love this plugin BUT have 1 issue. I was playing warzone tonight trying to stream it and it wouldnt pick up the in game voice chat, only the game itself. Am I doing something wrong or is it a limitation?

Lockesteady

Absolutely adore this plug-in, it saved me SO MUCH headache and hassle!
Only issue I've run into thus far is not being able to capture party chat from the Xbox App/Windows 11 Game Bar?
I can grab everything else just fine; Discord, games, Chrome, etc., but for some reason, even though I can see the Xbox app as an option, it doesn't capture any audio at all (and Game Bar doesn't even appear as an option since it's only "active" as a system overlay).

Does anyone have a work around for this that doesn't involve going back to capturing the entire audio device?