Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

madtaz64

The plugin will probably compile fine for 32-bit, but working on the current bugs is the current priority. I might include a 32-bit version in the 2.0.0 release. (Honestly wasn't expecting anyone to actually still have a 32-bit Windows version...)

Well I would probably just switch to 64-bit for this but the problem is that Amarec is the only real method I can find currently that works well enough with SD capture, and no, direct capture through OBS isn't currently as good last I've checked. Though I guess if I really want I could just try switching back and forth for the time being and only use 32-bit for SD gaming as much of a hassle as it'd be.

Ok, I think I'm getting very close now, but still not working.

- Audio 1: Default Desktop Audio (system audio) (all my pc, but still has spotify).
- Audio 2: Component App Audio Output Capture (target: Spotify) unchecked "include Process Tree": This makes spotify not play in this specific component (but actually NOTHING is playing in this component because the onyl target is spotify).

How to remove spotify from Audio 1 is the question, I guess.

My solution is to dump "Desktop Audio", along with "Mic/Aux" entirely, which is what I do with all new OBS Studio installs anymore. I don't like having system sounds (especially UAC alerts, which could potentially be a security issue) in my final mixes.

bozbez

Ok, I think I'm getting very close now, but still not working.

- Audio 1: Default Desktop Audio (system audio) (all my pc, but still has spotify).
- Audio 2: Component App Audio Output Capture (target: Spotify) unchecked "include Process Tree": This makes spotify not play in this specific component (but actually NOTHING is playing in this component because the onyl target is spotify).

How to remove spotify from Audio 1 is the question, I guess.
Audio 2 here should already be "Audio 1 without Spotify", so then you would mute Audio 1 and have an Audio 3 that captures only Spotify.

craftm

Audio 2 here should already be "Audio 1 without Spotify", so then you would mute Audio 1 and have an Audio 3 that captures only Spotify.
But using App Audio Output Capture I can only target one application, is there a way to target everything then exclude spotify with include process tree??

IIvgmII

Is there any way to remove the horrible popping, cracking, and cutting in the audio? I tried using it for a few streams, and one thing is clear to me: this can't be used in its current state. Any practical use of this plugin causes the audio to sound terrible, though it works great outside of that. My current version of Windows is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110).

Maybe my specs are just garbage, but I would hope than an i5-7400 and a GTX 1060 3GB would be enough to handle this.
Here's a demo of what I'm referring to: https://clips.twitch.tv/FlirtyBoldOpossumANELE-n-JjkB60j4jNchxm

This also happens in games that don't use nearly as many resources. I can stream any game just fine with Voicemeeter separating the audio, and I can also stream any game just fine with regular Desktop Audio. Yet this plugin screws up the audio so badly that the stream is unwatchable.

Last edited:
Is there any way to remove the horrible popping, cracking, and cutting in the audio? I tried using it for a few streams, and one thing is clear to me: this can't be used in its current state. Any practical use of this plugin causes the audio to sound terrible, though it works great outside of that. My current version of Windows is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110).

Maybe my specs are just garbage, but I would hope than an i5-7400 and a GTX 1060 3GB would be enough to handle this.
Here's a demo of what I'm referring to: https://clips.twitch.tv/FlirtyBoldOpossumANELE-n-JjkB60j4jNchxm

This also happens in games that don't use nearly as many resources. I can stream any game just fine with Voicemeeter separating the audio, and I can also stream any game just fine with regular Desktop Audio. Yet this plugin screws up the audio so badly that the stream is unwatchable.

I had something similar happen on one of my streams recently when I was doing an overall shakedown of my setup. I just reselected the source and that cleared it up for me. But also, I suspect my system was in need of a reboot. At the time, I had to restart OBS because sound wasn't being sent over an NDI link to the machine doing my actual streaming.

Riotline

I had something similar happen on one of my streams recently when I was doing an overall shakedown of my setup. I just reselected the source and that cleared it up for me. But also, I suspect my system was in need of a reboot. At the time, I had to restart OBS because sound wasn't being sent over an NDI link to the machine doing my actual streaming.

Had a weird popping/glitching when I had two sources. One game source and one discord.
Note the game works but discord does not. It does work after there is no game anymore.
Hoping this could be figured out during development. It is really good but still early.

bozbez

Had a weird popping/glitching when I had two sources. One game source and one discord.
Note the game works but discord does not. It does work after there is no game anymore.
Hoping this could be figured out during development. It is really good but still early.
Yeah the crackling issues are top priority, but very hard for me to solve since I have no way of reproducing currently.

is there a way to use this outside of OBS, as a standalone app?
Currently no, but would not be too difficult to make based on the current code if there is enough demand for this.

bozbez

bozbez updated win-capture-audio with a new update entry:

win-capture-audio v2.0.0-beta.2

For OBS versions 27.0.1 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later.
  • Reword of the "Include process tree" option.
  • Internal changes to the audio capture packet handling in an attempt to mitigate some of the audio artifacting issues and increase robustness.
  • Temporarily increased log verbosity to aid troubleshooting.
Join https://discord.gg/4D5Yk5gFnM for support and updates.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Correct me if I am wrong, but if this were to be made to work standalone, could/would it basically be a “virtual audio cable” or “virtual audio mixer” tool, ala VB-Cable or VoiceMeeter?

bozbez

How possible it is for this to be also in the 32 bit version of obs?
Probably fine? You can try compiling it for 32-bit yourself or I might eventually get around to making a 32-bit release.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if this were to be made to work standalone, could/would it basically be a “virtual audio cable” or “virtual audio mixer” tool, ala VB-Cable or VoiceMeeter?
What would the purpose of the standalone version be?

Probably fine? You can try compiling it for 32-bit yourself or I might eventually get around to making a 32-bit release.

What would the purpose of the standalone version be?

To be used for routing audio from apps such as Teams, Zoom, etc. so the Chrome speech recognition engine can “hear” audio from at least 1 more source besides the mic.

(useful in capturing all speech, to text, for closed captions that can be saved to an SRT file, then edited in Subtitle Edit for corrections before publishing.)

OldDirtDust

I don't know if it's possible but if it is, would this plugin as a source filter automaticaly switch the audio capture based on the aplication screen shown on the source?

Thanks for the great job with this!! This plugin is life changing for streamers.

bozbez

I don't know if it's possible but if it is, would this plugin as a source filter automaticaly switch the audio capture based on the aplication screen shown on the source?

Thanks for the great job with this!! This plugin is life changing for streamers.
There are some different plans for integration with the window and game capture sources - would likely see something like this after the plugin or similar functionality is merged into OBS.

To be used for routing audio from apps such as Teams, Zoom, etc. so the Chrome speech recognition engine can “hear” audio from at least 1 more source besides the mic.

(useful in capturing all speech, to text, for closed captions that can be saved to an SRT file, then edited in Subtitle Edit for corrections before publishing.)
Fundamentally I think that would require something like the VB cables to work if you want to route it back to an input...
Something like that would certainly be possible standalone, but you could achieve this currently by using a VB cable as the OBS audio monitoring device and then turning on monitoring for the application audio capture sources.

Fundamentally I think that would require something like the VB cables to work if you want to route it back to an input...
Something like that would certainly be possible standalone, but you could achieve this currently by using a VB cable as the OBS audio monitoring device and then turning on monitoring for the application audio capture sources.

I am trying to implement a system that is a free solution, and VB-Cable is not actually "free". Thank you.

bozbez

I am trying to implement a system that is a free solution, and VB-Cable is not actually "free". Thank you.
I think to route audio back to input so it would appear in the list with the mic inputs etc you would need something at the driver level, which require code-signing certificates to be used outside of Windows test mode.

You could also try something like a hardware loopback, but either way a standalone version of the plugin wouldn't be of any use.

bozbez

bozbez updated win-capture-audio with a new update entry:

win-capture-audio v2.0.0-beta.3

For OBS versions 27.0.1 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later.
  • Adds translations for Japanese, Italian and Polish.
  • Allows self-targeting of OBS for niche projector use cases.
  • Reduces some logging to avoid log bloat (but debug logs still enabled for troubleshooting).
  • Adds support for localisation of source name.
  • Reworks hotkey capture logic.
Join https://discord.gg/4D5Yk5gFnM for support and updates.

Read the rest of this update entry...