Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

bozbez

bozbez submitted a new resource:

win-capture-audio - Capture audio directly from applications (on Windows)

This plugin is based on OBS's win-capture/game-capture but instead hooks WASAPI's audio output functions (rather than the various graphics API funcitons) to enable capture of audio streams directly from applications. This eliminates the need for third-party software or hardware audio mixing tools that introduce complexity and, in the case of software tools, introduce mandatory latency.

The modus operandi is identical to the aforementioned game-capture plugin (and most likely to Discord's...

Read more about this resource...

ASchneider

Hello @bozbez, thanks for creating this great tool. I've tested with a couple of games and it works like a charm, I'm truly amazed.

I know this is a pre-release, but would be nice if you make it available as an easy to extract installation for portable OBS instances (having all in a "data" and "obs-plugins" folders), like the ones I use.

I've extracted your final package to the correct folders, as you described and it worked just fine.

Thank you ver much sir!

bozbez

Hello @bozbez, thanks for creating this great tool. I've tested with a couple of games and it works like a charm, I'm truly amazed.

I know this is a pre-release, but would be nice if you make it available as an easy to extract installation for portable OBS instances (having all in a "data" and "obs-plugins" folders), like the ones I use.

I've extracted your final package to the correct folders, as you described and it worked just fine.

Thank you ver much sir!
Glad you find it useful! I will be making a less wonky installer imminently.

I installed this wanting to work with Zoom, but sadly it didn't :(
Nor will it work with Discord, Teams, Slack, etc. As far as I'm aware this is thanks to Electron based apps running audio I/O in a separate process to the window thread, although I could (hopefully) be wrong. Since Discord streaming actually manages to get the audio from these applications it must be possible, and is pretty much the highest priority feature for 1.0.0.

See this issue for more.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'll be curious if this approach would mean being able to avoid using a virtual (or physical) loopback adapter for something like Presonus' Studio One DAW?

ASchneider

I'll be curious if this approach would mean being able to avoid using a virtual (or physical) loopback adapter for something like Presonus' Studio One DAW?

Hello!

If you use this plugin in conjunction with Exeldro's Audio Monitor (also using some VST filters as well) you can do absolutely anything :)

I use VoiceMeeter mostly because of my live streams, now I'm rethinking all of mine audio setup because of this new plugin. Simply amazing.

madtaz64

Hey will there be a 32-bit option available in the future? I just tried to install it using 32-bit OBS Studio and it didn't work at all =(

craftm

So I'm using voicemeeter for a while to make spotify be in a separeted layer, so I can remove from VOD using OBS VOD removal system. While I can still listen in my headset.

How can I use this plugin to the the same?
- Spotify added as Application Audio Output Capture.
- Spotify is still running in the "desktop" audio from OBS, but I want to have all my PC (Games, chrome, etc..) running so desktop is actually the easier way.

I need to make a new Application Audio Output Capture for every single component (game, google chrome, etc..) since spotify will be running in the "desktop" audio?

Because as I said, I wanna be able to listen spotify so it must be in the "desktop" source anyways, thats why I'm currenctly using voicemeeter, I can do there. But I can defintely feel a delay while using voicemeeter

Last edited:

bozbez

Hey will there be a 32-bit option available in the future? I just tried to install it using 32-bit OBS Studio and it didn't work at all =(
The plugin will probably compile fine for 32-bit, but working on the current bugs is the current priority. I might include a 32-bit version in the 2.0.0 release. (Honestly wasn't expecting anyone to actually still have a 32-bit Windows version...)

So I'm using voicemeeter for a while to make spotify be in a separeted layer, so I can remove from VOD using OBS VOD removal system. While I can still listen in my headset.

How can I use this plugin to the the same?
- Spotify added as Application Audio Output Capture.
- Spotify is still running in the "desktop" audio from OBS, but I want to have all my PC (Games, chrome, etc..) running so desktop is actually the easier way.

I need to make a new Application Audio Output Capture for every single component (game, google chrome, etc..) since spotify will be running in the "desktop" audio?

Because as I said, I wanna be able to listen spotify so it must be in the "desktop" source anyways, thats why I'm currenctly using voicemeeter, I can do there. But I can defintely feel a delay while using voicemeeter
Select Spotify and then uncheck the "Include process tree" option. This should capture all of the desktop audio excluding Spotify, and then you can add another Application Audio Output Capture on Spotify.

The option name is pretty misleading, I've since renamed it so whenever it's time for the next release that will be updated.

craftm

Select Spotify and then uncheck the "Include process tree" option. This should capture all of the desktop audio excluding Spotify, and then you can add another Application Audio Output Capture on Spotify.

The option name is pretty misleading, I've since renamed it so whenever it's time for the next release that will be updated.
Ok, I think I'm getting very close now, but still not working.

- Audio 1: Default Desktop Audio (system audio) (all my pc, but still has spotify).
- Audio 2: Component App Audio Output Capture (target: Spotify) unchecked "include Process Tree": This makes spotify not play in this specific component (but actually NOTHING is playing in this component because the onyl target is spotify).

How to remove spotify from Audio 1 is the question, I guess.

Last edited: