Whole computer lags when opening OBS

Rickolu

Specs: Laptop Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506QR-AZ001 ·Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H 3.0 GHz ·Graphics card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 ·RAM: SO-DIMM DDR4-3200 16GB ·Memory: SSD M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 3.0 de 1 TB ·System: Windows 11

Been streaming an entire month perfectly til today, and I never changed any of the settings from day 1. When I opened OBS today, I had a YouTube video playing and it lagged a lot and even crackled the sound. Didn't bother too much so I moved on. When checking scenes, I saw that my camera wasn't showing. I have an Elgato Facecam, but I have NVIDIA Broadcast set as the video capture device cause it applies nice effects like background blur. So I went to check out what was going on. I found out that NVIDIA Broadcast didn't open on startup (always does) so I went to open it manually. Double-click: nothing happens. Run as admin: nothing happens. Tried reinstalling and the installer said 'NVIDIA installer stopped working, reason: Camera'. I wasn't understanding nothing so I moved on and I changed the source of the video capture device to the Elgato Facecam directly. Now I could see myself (but without effects). I hit 'start streaming' and the lag multiplies (my scene transitions are 10 times slower and they don't even end, my 'be right back' video scenes look like stop motion, and I move frame-by-frame on camera). And the stream itself isn't the only problem, the whole PC was about to die (opera lasted 10s til opening, and when open, the letters I typed lasted 5s to show). OBS even showed messages like '23% CPU encoder overload!'. I don't know what to do. I don't even know what causes this problem cause I didn't change anything in a month (although I'm quite suspicious of anything regarding the camera/video capture devices, cause the NVIDIA Broadcast stuff was pretty random).
PD: When OBS is closed, PC works fine like always. When OBS is open and streaming, task manager looks like the attached photo.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla_20230227_205415.png
    Captura de pantalla_20230227_205415.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 33