KosmicGV

My specs are:
AMD RX580 8gb
Intel I5-11400
8x2 gb of ram
240gb ssd
2tb sshd

I record rainbow six siege (I want to have at least 144 fps when playing) and I am looking to start streaming soon.
What should my recording/streaming settings be?

For recording I am currently using:
x264
Encoder Settings
Rate Control: CRF
CRF: 23
Keyframe Interval: 0 s
CPU Usage Preset: Superfast
Profile: High
Tune: Zerolatency
bframes=2 b-adapt=0 partitions=none scenecut=0 no-weightb weightp=0 sliced-threads aq-mode=0 subme=0 no-deblock sync-lookahead=3

PaiSand

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings. Restart OBS and test it.

Ryu945

My specs are:
AMD RX580 8gb
Intel I5-11400
8x2 gb of ram
240gb ssd
2tb sshd

I record rainbow six siege (I want to have at least 144 fps when playing) and I am looking to start streaming soon.
What should my recording/streaming settings be?

For recording I am currently using:
x264
Encoder Settings
Rate Control: CRF
CRF: 23
Keyframe Interval: 0 s
CPU Usage Preset: Superfast
Profile: High
Tune: Zerolatency
bframes=2 b-adapt=0 partitions=none scenecut=0 no-weightb weightp=0 sliced-threads aq-mode=0 subme=0 no-deblock sync-lookahead=3
It is outdated but I found this guide very useful. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzo7l8HTJNK-IKzM_zDicTd2u20Ab2pAl

I would use hardware accelerated encoding to record as it greatly lowers CPU use. You could choose to use either your intel GPU or your AMD GPU to accomplish this. I believe AMD supports CQP. 14 is the lowest you should ever consider going as that is very high quality and makes large files. If I am mistaken then look up what is hardware supported. You should see your OBS client have an option of x264 with other letters beside it for hardware encoding.

You can record as mp4 without worrying about crashes deleting your video if you record with these flags.
movflags=+frag_keyframe+empty_moov+delay_moov+faststart

KosmicGV

It is outdated but I found this guide very useful. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzo7l8HTJNK-IKzM_zDicTd2u20Ab2pAl

I would use hardware accelerated encoding to record as it greatly lowers CPU use. You could choose to use either your intel GPU or your AMD GPU to accomplish this. I believe AMD supports CQP. 14 is the lowest you should ever consider going as that is very high quality and makes large files. If I am mistaken then look up what is hardware supported. You should see your OBS client have an option of x264 with other letters beside it for hardware encoding.

You can record as mp4 without worrying about crashes deleting your video if you record with these flags.
movflags=+frag_keyframe+empty_moov+delay_moov+faststart
Thanks I'm gonna try it out! Also I was using mkv before and was remuxing it in OBS, now I'm gonna use that custom muxer settings.

Ryu945

Thanks I'm gonna try it out! Also I was using mkv before and was remuxing it in OBS, now I'm gonna use that custom muxer settings.
Keep in mind that Android devices cannot keep time track of video they are playing that are recorded with those flags. The video will literally play with the timer not advancing and the moment you stop, you have to start over from the beginning and cannot play from the middle of the video. I usually download it from the platform I upload it to so that I can get an Android playable video since these platforms remux the video for you. Youtube tends to really lower its quality though. They don't let you download higher then 720p, 60fps with severely reduced audio quality if you uploaded at 1080p, 60fps on Youtube. The higher quality files have video and sound on seperate files on Youtube and you have to individually download them and then merge them togethor to get a playable file. Gab TV allows for the full video to be downloaded with a much higher video quality and only a slight reduciton in audio quality. That is the most convientent way I have found to get an Android playable video of decent quality when recording with those flags.