Webcam causing popping/static noise in my headset

plaste

Hello, I tried a lot of fixes found in previous posts but none worked for me so I'm making a thread myself.

I recently got a webcam and added it to my scenes (that had no static noise issue before that) and ever since I hear a very annoying popping/static noise in my headset. The noise only happens when obs is open, otherwise it's fine.
It happens wether there's music playing/game sound etc or nothing at all. Doesn't happen if the headset volume is muted though.

I tried lowering the resolution as it fixed it for some people, nothing.
Disabled the webcam in windows -> settings -> audio -> advanced -> recording devices : still there.
Changed the bitrate etc (not that I really know what it does but it did nothing eventually so... ^^)

I included a log if that helps, the problem was encoutered while logging the session.

If anyone has a fix that would be great, kind of annoying to not be able to play with the webcam up, or having to use my speakers.

qhobbes

OBS, Settings, Audio, General, set Sample Rate to 48 kHz, Apply, OK

Also SLI/Crossfire Capture Mode (aka 'Shared memory capture' in Game Capture) is very slow, and only to be used on SLI & Crossfire systems.

If you're using a laptop or a display with multiple graphics cards and your game is only running on one of them, consider switching OBS to run on the same GPU instead of enabling this setting. Guide available here.

plaste

Holy shit, it was the SLI option, IDK why it was enabled, I'm not running 2 GPUs... Probably clicked it by accident.

Seems to be gone.

Thanks a lot I was looking in every single menus but game capture because I thought it was coming from the headset or camera.

mariah1902

There is no fix to be honest. While using OBs these sound appears with most headsets. Did you try different headsets?. I have also faced this issue while using A4tech headset and this happened to me while using a normal webcam. I do not know why did it happen as I am not sure whether it is my headset or is it my webcam. As you are saying that after installing the webcam you have experienced it, then I am sure that it is because of my webcam. I will try to use a branded and more costly webcam and see if the noise still appears or not.

GLUE

Hello, I tried a lot of fixes found in previous posts but none worked for me so I'm making a thread myself.

I recently got a webcam and added it to my scenes (that had no static noise issue before that) and ever since I hear a very annoying popping/static noise in my headset. The noise only happens when obs is open, otherwise it's fine.
It happens wether there's music playing/game sound etc or nothing at all. Doesn't happen if the headset volume is muted though.

I tried lowering the resolution as it fixed it for some people, nothing.
Disabled the webcam in windows -> settings -> audio -> advanced -> recording devices : still there.
Changed the bitrate etc (not that I really know what it does but it did nothing eventually so... ^^)

I included a log if that helps, the problem was encoutered while logging the session.

If anyone has a fix that would be great, kind of annoying to not be able to play with the webcam up, or having to use my speakers.

Finally figured it out. I had the same static issue with OBS/webcam static. Set your GPU/Motherboard PCI-E Slot to Gen 3. Mine was set to PCI-E Gen 4. Gen 3 fixed my issue.

GLUE

There is no fix to be honest. While using OBs these sound appears with most headsets. Did you try different headsets?. I have also faced this issue while using A4tech headset and this happened to me while using a normal webcam. I do not know why did it happen as I am not sure whether it is my headset or is it my webcam. As you are saying that after installing the webcam you have experienced it, then I am sure that it is because of my webcam. I will try to use a branded and more costly webcam and see if the noise still appears or not.
Set gpu PCI-E to Gen 3. will fix the issue.