Resource icon

Video Transition / Stinger Transition 0.2.2

coRpSE

The only time I have had a transition crash is when I try to switch scenes before the animation is done. Otherwise, it works great.

To be clear, the version that will ship with OBS Studio will not be this one, but a separate implementation.
Sounds great, can't wait.

niitro89

can anyone help i have followed all the steps numerous times.. i have even put them in each folder seperatley and it still doesnt allow me to add it as a transition. thanks

coRpSE

can anyone help i have followed all the steps numerous times.. i have even put them in each folder seperatley and it still doesnt allow me to add it as a transition. thanks

So, once you have the stinger plugin in the folder, you open up OBS, then click the + under where you see "Scene Transitions", you don't see the option for StingerTransition?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Or just wait for OBS Studio v20 to come out (very very soon), which has stringer transitions included.

coRpSE

Or just wait for OBS Studio v20 to come out (very very soon), which has stringer transitions included.

Do you know if the new one supports audio on the transition? I see it in there, but just wondering before I make a new transition with audio. I think i remember hearing it was, but I am not positive.

coRpSE

Is it possible to add a background removal feature from a transition film?
I am guessing your looking to have a chroma keying added to it. I don't know if this plugin is still in development. I know there is a new one that is now shipped with OBS and I think it would be something cllof if could be added, but I believe if that is what your looking for, you should start a new thread here: https://obsproject.com/forum/list/studio-feedback-and-suggestions/

Sparktite

Hey guys, was really interested to check this out and give it a try but i read in the reviews a couple ppl saying its crashing and that really has me scared. Are they talking about the transitions stop working or the whole of OBS crashes, and how often is this happening?

iTV

How do you make the transition videos make use of the alpha channel, to use as a stinger, in OBS Studio 22?

Yurlyn

Though this plugin is now obsolete it's a good question, @iTV. You have to render them with an alpha channel using programs like Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas. If you need help with rendering them if you don't have these kinds of software let me know. I'm willing to render them for you :)

Orhi

What is the highest settings for the video ? I mean bitrate and weight. Actually when i load my video : ~60 Mbits for 2 secs (i now it's a lot ^^') and try the transition, it slows the video (transition) and cut it in the middle. When i put a lower quality video this problem don't appears anymore so i think this is the problem.

Razorflak

What is the highest settings for the video ? I mean bitrate and weight. Actually when i load my video : ~60 Mbits for 2 secs (i now it's a lot ^^') and try the transition, it slows the video (transition) and cut it in the middle. When i put a lower quality video this problem don't appears anymore so i think this is the problem.

Convert your video in webm with ffmepg.