Resource icon

Video Transition / Stinger Transition 0.2.2

Raul

I am thinking that it is two different things:

Sometimes the source si resized and "colapsed" somehow in the preview as seen in the video
Sometimes the scene is switched automatically which is not a big problem but a little anoying.

My workaround now is dont look at the preview when you use the transition and click on whichever scene you want to see... solves it most of the time.

Saaj

Hey,

Does this only play videos? If my transition has sound will it play that as well?

Thanks

Warmuptill

Hey,

Does this only play videos? If my transition has sound will it play that as well?

Thanks
It doesn't play sound yet. I gave implementing a try, but I can't seem to get it to work yet (only plays distorted sound / wrong parts of the sound)

GeneralElost

I love the concept of this plugin but I am running in to one issue.

I have gotten everything loaded in and can use the transition. However, it is not reading the alpha channel I have on my video. When I use a Media Source and play the video, the scene transitions with the video right over the other scene without a black background. But when I use the Stinger transition, there is a black background until the cut.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong here or?

Therealbeef

Is there any chance of seeing this supported on the Linux version of OBS Studio anytime soon? This is such an amazing plugin, I really hope I can get my hands on it!

Swizzle

@Warmuptill

The issue you are having with audio... is it the audio associated with the stinger file?

Have you tried implementing a separate media menu so you can import an audio file to play rather than just have the audio from the stinger file?

Lange

Thank you for making this plugin! This is a much needed feature and I'm so happy to see the community implementing these solutions.

I'd love to use this plugin in some upcoming productions, however we require audio to be played with our stingers. @Warmuptill, is there any additional info you can share about the steps you've taken so far to implement audio, and what obstacles you encountered?

nutella4eva

Thank you for making this plugin! This is a much needed feature and I'm so happy to see the community implementing these solutions.

I'd love to use this plugin in some upcoming productions, however we require audio to be played with our stingers. @Warmuptill, is there any additional info you can share about the steps you've taken so far to implement audio, and what obstacles you encountered?

Surely you are already aware of this, but fwiw you CAN manually trigger a transition without this plugin and it will play audio. That's what I'm doing until sound is implemented.

ZeloTypia

Little feedback.

I tried alpha webm and they will not show up transparent.

Is your ffmpeg version maybe too old?
Maybe also check this https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio/commit/679c32086d4363565c221b8be2b99c0023e77a35

The Media Source in OBS can display them fine.

Example file: https://puu.sh/u8Bsj.webm

---

I'm asking about this because they produce a lot less CPU usage and run smoother than mov's with pngs

Hi. Do you may have a resource for more of these stingers .webm's? Or how do you do them? Thanks.

KitThem

My OBS crashes every single time I add stinger transition.

The following is the crash report:
Code:
Unhandled exception: c0000005
Fault address: 50FD1D5F (c:\obsstudio\obs-plugins\32bit\stinger-transition.dll)
libobs version: 18.0.1
Windows version: 10.0 build 14393 (revision: 1066; 64-bit)

Thread 2ABC (Crashed)
Stack    EIP      Arg0     Arg1     Arg2     Arg3     Address
048DF894 50FD1D5F 00000000 048DF8E8 048DF900 00000000 stinger-transition.dll!0x50fd1d5f

Last edited:

godkevin

pretty decent plugin. Issue im having is the video gets cut off. The total size of the wipe is 77 frames. The plugin is only detecting 44 frames, so its getting cut off. Both OBS and the video wipe is set to 30fps. So not sure what the deal is.

silverben10

I'm experiencing an issue where the video transition won't fully complete before disappearing; It just cuts out at a random point and switches to the other scene.
I've tried setting the recording/stream framerate to the same as the media source but it still happens.

GhostAlphaBravo

Can someone help? I am very confused. I am trying to get Stinger Transitions to work, but I can't get it properly installed. I followed the instructions but no go. What files go where. I can get it to show Stinger Transitions in the create transitions, but it says No Properties and then crashes...Help!

Ze manel

Something OBS Studio 18.0.1 crash with stinger transition active.

I use a video .mp4 with 3 sec length to use as transition between scenes and after N times system simple crashes.