JoySparx

I've been having an issue lately where my capture card (Elgato HD60 S) fails to load when launching OBS. I thought this was an issue specifically with my capture card, so I tried a bunch of things like removing and re-adding the source, having Game Capture HD open upon launching OBS, reinstalling OBS, disabling my antivirus, and creating a new scene collection (which itself crashed OBS). While reinstalling OBS presented a temporary fix sometimes, others it comes back just as broken. Ultimately, I've found that the source of the crash was the Video Capture Device source itself. I can create any other type of source in my scene, but the moment the properties window for a Video Capture Device source pops up, the whole software locks up. It also locks up like this upon trying to close the program, unless there is no Video Capture Device source in the current scene, in which case it closes normally.
I'm not sure what the cause could be, since I've made no major changes to my system or OBS settings before the issues began. I've attached my log file from the session where I tested a bunch of sources to see if they'd cause a crash. Would appreciate any advice to fix the issue.

Attachments

• 2023-01-14 15-49-19.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 80

JoySparx

Rolled back my drivers to 522.30 as suggested, and it appears to work now. I guess that means it's an issue with the most recent drivers? Still weird that it sometimes works on the new drivers.