Use NDI with LAN and WiFi (OBS) as Capture Card

pikatjhoe

I would like to send my screen on my 2nd PC to my streaming PC over wireless (WiFi), and use LAN for the streaming PC to receive the screen with NDI (as Capture Card). Is there a way to do it? Maybe the image below would be helpful. Thanks!
1613136784717.png

Last edited:

pikatjhoe

DONT USE WIFI IT WORKS BUT NOT GOOD ! AND YOU NEED 5GHz WIFI. and CA 150 -> 200 mbits
I'm sorry but I'm new to NDI. It works right? But not on a quality to be compared to LAN connection. But how do I set the NDI and OBS to work like what I wanted? Thanks for the respond!

pikatjhoe

easiest was install OBS and the NDI plugin on booth PCs on the screen sharing PC you add the desktop to a scene enable the NDI plugin unter tools on the stream PC you add a NDI source and select the source PC on it

or use NDI Screen Capture HX on the source PC
Thanks for the guidance! A couple more questions though, if I connect both the PC with wireless network (to a 2.4 GHz router), would it able to share the screen? Or the network is too low to connect both PC?
And, it better to connect both PC like the way I described on the first post, or to connect both PC with same wireless network?

Thanks a lot!

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is unsuitable for anything beyond basic web browsing. NDI requires very high bandwidth which Wi-Fi can not provide, only NDI HX may work as this compresses the stream first. Connecting both via Wi-Fi will only make things worse,

FireXter

2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is unsuitable for anything beyond basic web browsing. NDI requires very high bandwidth which Wi-Fi can not provide, only NDI HX may work as this compresses the stream first. Connecting both via Wi-Fi will only make things worse,
A 2.4GHz router inteferes in the internet velocity from a device that is connected with a cable? cause I use both PCs connected on a cable and my internet has 300Mb/s but It was lagging too much. If I buy a 5GHz router is that gonna improve the connection on NDI?

qhobbes

While 5GHZ can be faster (my test was 80/250), more/better WiFi is not the answer. If you can't run a cable, look into powerline network and MoCA network adapter.