Resource icon

Free UNP Now Playing - Pandora Youtube LastFM Spotify (web only) +31More 4.4

FairlyIncognito

Hi @Wylk :)

Been using the original version for a while now (didn't notice yours before today), however both the old and your version no longer works for me.

I'm sure it has something to do with Google no longer allowing plugins downloaded from third party sources (as in, not from the chrome store).

I of course downloaded the Dev channel of Chrome so I could continue doing so, however even though I can install and "run" the plugin, none of the options get saved.

I can edit the options, press save, and they appear to be saved. Closing down the options menu and opening it again shows it hasn't saved anything however :(

Just wanted to let you know. Figure I can't be the only person with that issue since the new release of Chrome.

Blackhive

Update 2:
-Fixed soundcloud parsing and soundcloud album art parsing (still doesnt pull album art from a playlist)
-Fixed manifest so it is now accepted by chrome store
-Waiting on permission from Wylk before I publish it as public on the chrome store or for him to add my github changes.

Wolf68k

I just went into normal Chrome, set the extensions to Dev Mode.
Downloaded the master.zip above.
Extracted it to the extensions folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions (however you can extract it to any place)
Click the "load unpacked extension" button.
Enjoy

/edit
After further testing, that wasn't the best place to extract it. So I put it in /My Documents/ instead and it seems to work better there so far.
It is a bit annoying to get the warning about the extension running in dev mode each time I start up Chrome

Last edited:

Thatoneguy

Tried doing the work around, Works for a while then will sudden stop and close the extension.

Is a shame, I absolutely love this. Hope a more stable work around can be found soon :(

Blackhive

Tried doing the work around, Works for a while then will sudden stop and close the extension.

Is a shame, I absolutely love this. Hope a more stable work around can be found soon :(

What service are you using? I use soundcloud and it works fine with no problems (after i edited the code).

NerdTech

Please Blackhive can you publish this on the chrome store? The workaround does work but it's so annoying to have the popup every-time I start Chrome.

Also can you add "Subsonic" to the list of sites it supports?, would be very grateful.

-nerd

Blackhive

for soundcloud, pandora, spotify web player, try my version: https://github.com/Blackhive/Untamed-Now-Playing-Next . I've tested it on all 3 and have had no problems for extended use. Download the zip, extract it somewhere and load in google chrome as unpacked extension in developer mode. As for getting it into the store, google has decided they are dropping NPAPI support, so until a solution to replace that is made, it won't be allowed into the store.

Last edited:

Xeqt

Blackhive, do you have a workaround for Google Music? I use this for my stream and it now no longer works as you are aware.

ltpliers

So recently I've been using the dev version of chrome to avoid the stupid dev notification, but now UNPN and Blackhive's version give me an error and it won't save any data. "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function" which references line 313 which is if (!plugin.isDirectory($('#save_dir').val())), not sure how to fix this. Anyone got an idea? I'm using the unpacked version as the packed version gets instantly blocked by chrome because Google have become idiots. Does not happen with the packed or unpacked version in Chromium though. Guess I'll just run Chromium from now on, cause atleast that one doesn't enforce on non-store extensions.

Last edited:

Snappiestjack

Ever crossed your mind to allow this to read a text file on the PC, then send that to Nightbot? Seems like all the components are there!!

Wolf68k

Ever crossed your mind to allow this to read a text file on the PC, then send that to Nightbot? Seems like all the components are there!!
That's a bit confusing.
This already outputs to a text file. Not sure how Nightbot would be able to read it though.

Last edited: