Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin

Free Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin 2.2

ArcanicFlame

I love the chat, bu have to stop using it. Ubiq just crashes too often. 6-7 times during a 5 hour streaming session is too much :(

twitch, hitbox, youtube, streamup, dailymotion

at one point or another during use it just locks up and does not display new messages anymore. I have to close it via control panel (the client becomes completely unresponsive). Then I restart it and it goes for a while before locking up again.

actually codex, i DO have this issue and u know i love making reports about ubi, the only reason i haven't reported this is because i always attributed it to not having enough cpu resources to do all the crap i do when i stream, lets not go into detail about WHY i dont have enough resources but lets just say for now that my i5 4440 and its embedded intel hd graphics is doing ALL the work (no gpu dont ask how i can do the things i do and still get 30-40ish fps, i am a wizard).

it crashes a lot i analyzed the wait chain in task manager and it said its waiting for network i/o

i just went in for some crash reports on ubi ill send them to you see if they help

ArcanicFlame

there i sent you a message in that conversation i started with u a while back, its got three spoilers with logs from my last crash, if need be i can go and recreate the crash and get fresh logs if these ones aren't helpful

codex

Hi ArcanicFlame, unfortunatelly these reports won't help much as they point to standard .net libraries :/
What chats do you use currently ?
Do you have .NET 4.5.1 / 4.5.2 installed ?

The problem is I can't catch it on my side. It works without crashes for 9 hours with populated chats on Twitch.tv.
I believe there is some problem with one of chats but I need to find out which one.

Here is how CPU load looks on my system (86K users in two channels):
P73RNPF.png

Last edited:

codex

Update:
- Message text is selectable now and can be copied to clipboard;
- Whisper messages (/me) support for Twitch;
- .NET 4.5.1 is requirement now

Artist.the

Hi. Thanks for the fixes and new feautures.
Please add gamerstv.ru chat.
Also give us opportunity to change fonts in future will be nice))

Artist.the

After last update Ubiquitos crashes every 10-30 min.
I had long stream today (about 9 hours) and chat crashing all the time.
Yes, i'am installed .NET 4.5.1

codex

Well yes and no. You can run the app on Windows only. But there is build-in Web UI which can be accessed from Mac/iOS/Android/Linux etc...

codex

There is built-in web server in the application. So you can read the chat in any web browser.
Personally I'm reading the chat on my Android phone while chat is running on my windows desktop pc.

codex

Update:
- Crash log file added (can be found in Documents\Ubiquitous2\crashlog.txt);
- Memory leak fixed;
- HTML tags parser is ignoring open tags now;
- Twitch.tv: whisper support (/w)

codex

Yes, Youtube send feature will be implemented. Though its not that easy :)

Update:
- Fix: Delay on message send to the Twitch
- Fix: UI is frozen by OBS plugin;
- Fix: Some of Goodgame emoticons don't work;
- Fix: Some of Youtube channels aren't work;