Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin

Free Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin 2.2

^ From time to time this happens for me too.
I encountered anohter issue. Sometimes the app reposts messages under a different user name. It basically takes the actual message the user wrote, ignors it, takes the message the previous user wrote and reposts it under another user name.
Has anyone else had this issue?

I had a picture posted twice when a person posted 1 link to it, the program showed 2 of the same picture one after another with a code between them. And every time somebody wrote a message after it, it kept "jumping" up and down sort of.
I can highlight and link it here or pm you @codex with the video segment when it happens if you need it.

How do I use this with youtube? There's no login I can just type in a channel name and even that doesn't work.

Also, how do I turn specific emotes into plain text? And is there FFZ support for Twitch?

Last edited:

codex

Hello, just wanted to say that it seems the program has an issue to sometimes to scroll down or at least it sometimes needs to be done manually. :)
Yes thats happens when image loading takes too long. I've fixed it but need to test it a bit.

I had a picture posted twice when a person posted 1 link to it, the program showed 2 of the same picture one after another with a code between them. And every time somebody wrote a message after it, it kept "jumping" up and down sort of.
I can highlight and link it here or pm you @codex with the video segment when it happens if you need it.
Already fixed but needs testing.

How do I use this with youtube? There's no login I can just type in a channel name and even that doesn't work.

Also, how do I turn specific emotes into plain text? And is there FFZ support for Twitch?
Youtube works in readonly mode. What is your channel ?
Currently it shows every emote it can find on Twitch. So it shows channel specific emotes of every Twitch channel. I plan to make it optional later. There no easy way to convert some emotes to plain text right now.

Youtube works in readonly mode. What is your channel ?
Currently it shows every emote it can find on Twitch. So it shows channel specific emotes of every Twitch channel. I plan to make it optional later. There no easy way to convert some emotes to plain text right now.
https://gaming.youtube.com/Smashbro29/live

It won't show up, I put it in and it said it was fine but myself and others typed in the youtube chat and nothing popped up.

sLeG

Hello, great tool.
have the tool a /ClearChat function? For the spam..

What needs to change it if i edit the font size for the simple theme in css file? (web browser tool)

greetings
sLeG

Yeah the spamming bots on twitch are on a whole new level...and it stays in the chat box :(
Still the just sometimes doesn't scroll down...rarely but still does it...just informing :)

Last edited:

ball2hi

Well, this is depressing @codex. You still have yet to fix the Steam bot directing messages given to the bot, to the channels in Multichat. That is the biggest feature and it's completely broken. I want to be able to chat to my viewers while in full-screen without using my microphone if I'm doing a match.

Hello...

I've been using ubiquitous2 for a while now..

But lately, it has been "crashing" or stopping to work on me quite oftenly...

Sometimes it just crashes completely (i get an error and have to close the program).
Most of the times, i just stops capturing the chat and i have to close ubiquitous2 and restart it. This happens about 4 to 5 times during a 3 to 4 hours stream.

Any1 has any similar problems and/or solutions?

Thank you all.

codex

Sorry for late update:

- emoticon and picture loading is completely redesigned. Everything loads in background now;
- deadlock fixed. Chat shouldn't stop receive messages now.
- scroll reworked;
- UI response improved;
- Reply option in the Web UI. Click anywhere in browser window or tap it on mobile device.
- Reply box is focused when you click on username
- goodgame works with new DDoS protection;
- high CPU usage on link spam is fixed;
- other changes;

codex

Can you make it possible to copy paste text? Its pretty much perfect otherwise.
It's not that easy to add right now.

Hello, great tool.
have the tool a /ClearChat function? For the spam..

What needs to change it if i edit the font size for the simple theme in css file? (web browser tool)

greetings
sLeG
You can do it with right-click on channel name. Just switch channels list on in settings

Yeah the spamming bots on twitch are on a whole new level...and it stays in the chat box :(
Still the just sometimes doesn't scroll down...rarely but still does it...just informing :)
Should be fixed in current update

Well, this is depressing @codex. You still have yet to fix the Steam bot directing messages given to the bot, to the channels in Multichat. That is the biggest feature and it's completely broken. I want to be able to chat to my viewers while in full-screen without using my microphone if I'm doing a match.
Yeah thats feature I'm missing too :D Will add it.

mistafist

Hello and thanks for your efforts. Is there any chance to add the ability to play a sound as an option when a new message is shown, with configuration options such as only play the sound once every (enter number of seconds here), or always play on new message. As someone just starting out with this, I don't always notice chat messages on my second monitor right off the bat and this would be helpful. Thanks again for your time.

codex

you can change it in the Documents\Ubiquitous2\Web\css\simple.css
SImply change lines with
color: #... and font-size:
But I strongly recommend to make a copy of web folder and change it there.
e.g. you can make a folder Documents\Ubiquitous2\Web\my and copy all content of web folder there. Then change css and open it in browser by adding folder name to url: http://localhost:8080/my/
That way it won't be overwritten on every application update.

Hello and thanks for your efforts. Is there any chance to add the ability to play a sound as an option when a new message is shown, with configuration options such as only play the sound once every (enter number of seconds here), or always play on new message. As someone just starting out with this, I don't always notice chat messages on my second monitor right off the bat and this would be helpful. Thanks again for your time.
Yes, thats one of things I plan to implement.

codex

One more update:
- chat status colors added in the web UI. Green - logged in(can write to chat), Yellow - connected (readonly), Red - disconnected;
- web UI now shows a message on the bottom if there new messages waiting. Click it to scroll to the last message;
- chat message render speedup.

Hello again, am i missing something or Twitch emotes are broken again for example instead showing "Grey Kappa" it shows the work "Kappa" instead of the emote? :) and other emotes as well...

Update:
Really weird, today i launched the chat to test and it works...yesterday it didn't display any of twitch emotes...false alarm sorry.

Last edited:

codex

Will check. Though on my side Kappa works fine.

UPD: I have set download timeout to 15 seconds. It could be too low. Will change it to 45 seconds in next update.

Last edited:

codex

Update:
- Picarto.tv chat added. No emoticons yet though. Their implementation of emoticons is quite unusual...