Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin

Free Ubiquitous 2 chat + OBS source plugin 2.2

codex

Yes I'm thinking about it. Data isn't a problem it is already there. I just need to make good interface for it.

makkaan

Ahh thats nice!
I actually just think, like straight up and down in order of what happens, keep it simple and clean. :)

demien1990

Got weird issue with twitch chat. Doesn't display in chats with my login/pw. Is it because capcha? Other chats like GG/Hitbox are ok.

codex

Got weird issue with twitch chat. Doesn't display in chats with my login/pw. Is it because capcha? Other chats like GG/Hitbox are ok.
Yes captcha could be cause. Please try to login via website and check if it ask it.
Readonly mode should work fine without credentials.

Hey Codex, i have totaly forgot, i also wish to be able to use commands in chat.
For tex. /mod and so on. :)
Hm, I never tried it from the app. Will check it

faruel

hey bro. I installing chat, so.. I can't to connect twitch chat. I trying restart twitch chat in ubiquitus2. Messege in twitch no watching in ubiquitus. So, hitbox, GG, cyber game work is fine. pls fix twitch connect ubiquitus

the9quad

Got the steam overlay working, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hitbox/twitch chats are showing up in game now. nice.

Last edited:

makkaan

Codex, And there are some more commands that are usefull,
/ban and unban
/ignore and unignore
/mod and unmod

It would be nice if i were able to write those, and also right-click the user and use this commands, as the same place as the "add to ignore list" are.

codex

hey bro. I installing chat, so.. I can't to connect twitch chat. I trying restart twitch chat in ubiquitus2. Messege in twitch no watching in ubiquitus. So, hitbox, GG, cyber game work is fine. pls fix twitch connect ubiquitus
Please try to leave username/password empty and fill Channels field only.
Check if it will work in read only mode.

As I said before there could be an issue with captcha form. In case if you enter wrong credentials you will have to wait some time before next try (could take a day). Until that time you can use the Twitch chat in read only mode.

codex

Codex, And there are some more commands that are usefull,
/ban and unban
/ignore and unignore
/mod and unmod

It would be nice if i were able to write those, and also right-click the user and use this commands, as the same place as the "add to ignore list" are.
Adding it to the right-click menu could be a problem. Every chat has different set of commands/syntax.
I'll think about it.

codex

Got the steam overlay working, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hitbox/twitch chats are showing up in game now. nice.
There one thing you need to know. By some reason Steam doesn't like 'at' (@) character in the messages. Their filter can randomly block messages with that character.
So I wouldn't recommend to use it in the Format string.

codex

update:
- web ui: new message appear on bottom now, autoscroll added
- permissions for viewers group fixed
- connection status detection changed in youtube, beam.pro and others
- twitch.tv will login anonymously if wrong credentials entered or login impossible
- reall.tv chat added (jabber/xmpp protocol)

codex

BTW I just tried to use few commands on Twitch.tv (/clear, /ban, /unban) and they work from the app.

makkaan

BTW I just tried to use few commands on Twitch.tv (/clear, /ban, /unban) and they work from the app.
Ahh, i noticed now, there are no "feedback" that says " XYZ has been timed out.", therefore it feel like nothing happend.

Is it possible to make that?

And is it possible that when you want to write to an user, to use TAB to swap the users that are active in channel? like you can do in the standard chat.

codex

Unfortunatelly these messages are hardcoded in javascript so I have to hardcode them too :/

update:
- web ui now can be tuned via url parameters:
example:
http://localhost?nobg&bottom&timeout=1500
nobg - transparent background (to capture via Browser source)
bottom - messages will be aligned to bottom
timeout=1500 - fade out messages after 1500ms​
- message backlog increased to 10000 from 500
- autoscroll fix
- connection status track fix

Hello wanted to thank you for a great chat program and ask for your guys help please.
Connect Cast and Beam Pro just won't connect, and what's interesting it connects instantly if i specify any other streamers name but not my own which is Gaudium on both channels..twitch\hitbox\cybergame\gamingtv\goodgame works flawlessly.

Now, i tried lowercase, bigger case, with a hash, without a hash, with all capital letters lol...any ideas?

Edit: After i tried to login as a "read-only" and being able to write into channels chat via the app, beam pro started working..but connect cast shows green but messages won't go through either way. When trying to connect as "read-only" the viewer count of connect cast shows 2 then switches back to 0 a few times and then stays red - at that time there was 2 people in the chat.

Unlike beam pro and every other channel connect cast isn't even shown in the chat selection to type a message in the chat app.

The chat app will randomly freeze without showing it is not responding when i hit on "restart" on the connect cast chat credentials and the "spinning" arrow will freeze and i have to kill it via processes.
I saw a previous comment about it freezing, can it be they changed all their settings again, but that doesn't make any sense if the app can connect to other channels but not mine..

Update: Created a new channel on ConnectCast and it works, contacted the support of the streaming service..they firstly forwarded me to you..i explained that everything works except my 1 channel..we'll see what's going to be the end of that.

Update 2: I deleted the channel created a new one and now it works fine both ways. ConnectCast had a "breach" a few months back where a racist song would play when you join a streamer chat..i had it...i guess it corrupted my user.

P.S Are you planing on adding sc2tv channel chat?

Last edited: