Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

univrsal

Hi, I am using ubuntu and when I install the plugin into the obs-studio folder, nothing is appearing inside OBS toolbar, I am using ubuntu. Could you please assist me? I have included the logs below

Looks like the plugin is not in the correct folder as obs does not try to load it. Make sure that the *.so file is in ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna/bin/64bit/tuna.so. Also make sure that you're not using version 1.8.0 or newer as those are only for obs studio 28.0.0 and up. If you are using the flatpak version of obs studio I can't help you as I have no clue how plugins work with that.

Last edited:

nightcore island

Looks like the plugin is not in the correct folder as obs does not try to load it. Make sure that the *.so file is in ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna/bin/64bit/tuna.so. Also make sure that you're not using version 1.8.0 or newer as those are only for obs studio 28.0.0 and up. If you are using the snap package of obs studio I can't help you as I have no clue how plugins work with that.
I don't know if I am using snap. I used this to install obs. I have 'Plug_config' not plugins inside obs-studio

sudo apt install ffmpeg
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
sudo apt update
sudo apt install obs-studio

univrsal

I am using Tuna-1.8.0 linux-x86_64.deb. Is this correct?
Looks like the plugin is not in the correct folder as obs does not try to load it. Make sure that the *.so file is in ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna/bin/64bit/tuna.so. Also make sure that you're not using version 1.8.0 or newer as those are only for obs studio 28.0.0 and up. If you are using the flatpak version of obs studio I can't help you as I have no clue how plugins work with that.

movingradio

Please, Can somebody help me?. I use Icecast as a Source but it doesn't get cover art. It doesn't split artist and title to a txt file only split one txt file. We have a radio station and our radio automation software export a xml file with artist, title, album but not cover art. Is it possible use xml file as a Source. Congrats for this great plugin. Thanks for your time.

nightcore island

The fix was to use an older version lol, thank you! If anyone is having this issue for ubuntu, you will need to create a plugins folder, as it is not automatically created. Then throw your stuff into it :D

univrsal

Please, Can somebody help me?. I use Icecast as a Source but it doesn't get cover art. It doesn't split artist and title to a txt file only split one txt file. We have a radio station and our radio automation software export a xml file with artist, title, album but not cover art. Is it possible use xml file as a Source. Congrats for this great plugin. Thanks for your time.
The Icecast integration only checks for the song title

wieldzi

Hello. I use StreamelementsOBS and after installing Tuna, I don't have them in the tools in OBS. So I downloaded the zip and pasted both folders to the right place and still can't do anything.

PaiSand

Hello. I use StreamelementsOBS and after installing Tuna, I don't have them in the tools in OBS. So I downloaded the zip and pasted both folders to the right place and still can't do anything.
SE.live uses it's own fork of the program, compiling it themself. You need to ask them for support on plugin integration. Alternativelly you can uninstall se.live, then uninstall OBS and reinstall OBS it in order to fix the installation, and then add Tuna plugin.
If you want, you can also delete all references to se.live within obs-studio folder in the %appdata% hidden path.
se.live isn't needed at all. You can add manually the docks as shown in their website.

Hi - I've downloaded the new version from GitHub to work against OBS version 28 - I use deezer but the issue is - if the song is paused/stopped it doesn't revert back to the song placeholder as it should do. I usually use this to say thanks for your support whilst I don't have any songs - please help - thank you.

mray

Will there be generic linux binaries available? I use flatpak - deb binaries don't work for me.

mray

Not unless someone submits a PR for the CI that does this. I won't touch the CI pipeline as long as it's not broken.
I understand hardly enough about code to know that is a trolling question: "How can I brake that pipeline then?" :P … cause I'm on Manjaro and my flatpak OBS used to work fine with tuna, until v28…

univrsal

I understand hardly enough about code to know that is a trolling question: "How can I brake that pipeline then?" :P … cause I'm on Manjaro and my flatpak OBS used to work fine with tuna, until v28…
I switched to the official plugin template for 28 and that only builds a deb installer so this wasn't on purpose. The CI scripts are on github if you wan to take a look

mray

I have no idea what to do with those scripts – but would it be possible to manually re-arrange the folder structure of the *.deb contents and get it to run with a flatpak installation?
(I tried that naive approach but with no luck - wondering if I'm making an error or if it is impossible anyway…)

univrsal

I have no idea what to do with those scripts – but would it be possible to manually re-arrange the folder structure of the *.deb contents and get it to run with a flatpak installation?
(I tried that naive approach but with no luck - wondering if I'm making an error or if it is impossible anyway…)
The deb installer does contain the binaries that you can install manually. It's just an archive that you can extract. I do not use the flatpak version of obs so I have no clue how it works.

Hi - I've downloaded the new version from GitHub to work against OBS version 28 - I use deezer but the issue is - if the song is paused/stopped it doesn't revert back to the song placeholder as it should do. I usually use this to say thanks for your support whilst I don't have any songs - please help - thank you.
Just wanted to mention that a fix has just been released - so have a check to see if it sorts out the issues as it has done for me :)